2014 Z/28 Motortrend First Test

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
We should start a poll, I bet 99.9% of fanboys celebrating these magazine production lap records have never raced a single lap in their lives.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
We should start a poll, I bet 99.9% of fanboys celebrating these magazine production lap records have never raced a single lap in their lives.

GM did this two years ago talking about how the zl1 destroyed a Ford Mustang at a unknown track only to have the zl1 beaten by a Mustang at Laguna Seca a few months later!

phoenix64

Established Member
What is wrong with Americans?
Why does everyone focus on 1/4 mile times of these track monsters?
Whats worse is I guarantee there will be a thread on camaro 5 about finding a slicks and skinny setup that clears the carbon brakes. :nonono:
I remember the 2nd boss 302 I saw on the street, it was on slicks and skinnys. WTF is wrong with people?
I bet more Boss 302 owners go to the drag strip vs the track.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Whats worse is I guarantee there will be a thread on camaro 5 about finding a slicks and skinny setup that clears the carbon brakes. :nonono:
I remember the 2nd boss 302 I saw on the street, it was on slicks and skinnys. WTF is wrong with people?

Easier to find a track and easier to drive. I agree with you. Its also funny how Americans love their cone zone parking lot days too. haha

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just because a car has a lot of creature comforts doesn't make it a better car. And besides your comparing apples to oranges. Out of all of the purpose built track cars(street legal and not street legal) the Z/28 is the only one under 100K.

I said "more" car.

That's with every track focused car. Get a GTR Playstation-mobile, throw some slicks on it, boost it to 1800HP and send it down the 1/4. Got a ZR1? Throw some slicks on it and send it down the quarter. Lambo? Boost it out to 1500HP and send it down the 1/4. Despite having trashed the track prowess of said cars, let's still brag about how track capable they are!

Users who are viewing this thread