2015 Carbon Fiber Body parts

PAE Racing

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting carbon fiber body panels done for the 2015 Mustang. All will be dry lay up autoclave race weight panels. Bare factory door shells weigh 44lbs. Ours weigh 7.2#. I'm also going to have the hood, full roof (full a-pillar, half b-pillar and half sail panel) and deck lid done as well.
Once I get closer to having a finished product, I'll be selling these products online. I'll announce when we get a little closer. Here are some pictures of the drivers door to give you an idea of the quality of the product. Shoot me a message if you have any questions on pricing or other things.

(Picture link below)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1787525493967&set=pcb.346931425431465&type=1&theater

Thanks,
Brian Faessler

olaosunt

Established Member
So cool!
Can't wait.
Will you have "add on " parts like a CF front splitter?
I hate the tiny one that came with my base GT

PAE Racing

So cool!
Can't wait.
Will you have "add on " parts like a CF front splitter?
I hate the tiny one that came with my base GT

I'm not sure how much "add on" parts we're going to make. I know we're going to get the body panels made for my 2015 race car. After that, we'd have to have a high enough interest/demand to be able to make other things. I can certainly keep you posted though.

DivineStrike

Established Member
This all seems very cool. But I would think even a CF door in a race application, unless it's strictly drag, would be kind of a bad idea due to the likely hood of damage. And CF isn't fun to repair. What is the weight of CF compared to Fiberglass?

PAE Racing

I'm not sure of the weight comparison compared to fiberglass. But with road racing, yes it's expensive, but it's what all the professional road race car's body panels are made of. When it's a set power limit, the goal to save as much weight as possible, thus carbon body panels.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
This all seems very cool. But I would think even a CF door in a race application, unless it's strictly drag, would be kind of a bad idea due to the likely hood of damage. And CF isn't fun to repair. What is the weight of CF compared to Fiberglass?
how often do doors get damaged? that's a VERY rare body part to see any kind of damage, and generally when it is damaged it's pretty major.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
A bigger question would be its very rare CF door shells are able to use the power windows also....usually plexiglass.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Weights are pretty close, but in general carbon fiber is a little lighter assuming the same dimensions are used.

Users who are viewing this thread