2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Fake Engine Noise

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
When you introduce engine noise you also introduce a lot of other noises. People want to have a conversation when they cruise on the highway and the audible sensation of an engine roar is something that most people like during spirited or aggressive driving.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
When you introduce engine noise you also introduce a lot of other noises. People want to have a conversation when they cruise on the highway and the audible sensation of an engine roar is something that most people like during spirited or aggressive driving.

I don't know how it will be in the new Mustang but in one of my buddy's ST, its get tiresome after an hour or so of passive driving and cruising if you pay attention to it. After a few months w/ the car, he has learned to ignore it.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
"2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost vs BMW i8 Fake Engine Note Controversy Revealed"

[video=youtube;d9_bhlzJpKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_bhlzJpKI&list=UU6S0jAvcapqJ48ZzLfva12g[/video]

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
They pull the fuse and the car goes quiet. Pretty sure its a noise maker not a noise canceller.

jj6string

Established Member
As long as it's easily disabled I can't see this being that big of an issue. It would annoy the hell out of me to have my music and engine fighting for the limited frequencies that a normal car stereo can play.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
As long as it's easily disabled I can't see this being that big of an issue. It would annoy the hell out of me to have my music and engine fighting for the limited frequencies that a normal car stereo can play.

I doubt that if you were not told about the system that you would ever notice it. Example, I haven't seen any media reports, despite the countless ride-alongs etc., about "piped-in engine noise" from any one in the time leading up to Ford announcing the inclusion of the system.

Users who are viewing this thread