2015 f150 reg cabs not being built?

alex12gt

Established Member
F150 section is kinda of slow and trying to figure this out.....I have yet to see a single one I can even find picture on google was talking numbers with my dealer and got a message today saying they have had 2 on order for a customer since march and still haven't been pulled for build dates and have no more allocations at this time

Anyone have any hook ups as to why this is or what's going on behind the scenes I realize reg cabs sent for most people but have a project in mind for one

Hostlntent

Established Member
I have been wondering the same thing as I'm looking into possibly picking up a new one as my winter vehicle. I've been waiting it out to see what comes of this hoping that by the end of this year; they come out with something. I'm wanting a newer version similar to that of the Tremor. With as many options as Ford has come out with, I'm banking that something will come out by then.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There's been a hint at a Lightning revival recently. Nothing solid except hinting at a performance F150 so maybe the regular cab will be relegated to only the Lightning?

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
There's been a hint at a Lightning revival recently. Nothing solid except hinting at a performance F150 so maybe the regular cab will be relegated to only the Lightning?

Not going to happen. Ford needs the work truck sales which includes regular cab trucks. Im assuming they are building them just at a slower rate compared to the extended cabs and four doors.

Also, what is this revival of a Lightning you speak of? This is news to me.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If I were to guess, I would say you don't see many of them around because dealers know people largely aren't going to be willing to plunk down $30,000+ on a regular cab XLT truck!! Add a few options and you've got a $40,000+ regular cab truck! I don't think it will be too long and we will start seeing regular cabs offered only as fleet vehicles.

f150.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not going to happen. Ford needs the work truck sales which includes regular cab trucks. Im assuming they are building them just at a slower rate compared to the extended cabs and four doors.

Also, what is this revival of a Lightning you speak of? This is news to me.

Im trying to remember where I saw it but it was an interview with someone high up at Ford and they made kind of a passing comment about a new sport truck or performance truck coming. That coupled with the amount of performance vehicles Ford says they will have in the coming years makes it sound like a next gen L is probable. It's still speculation obviously.

Nevermind, I was wrong. It's strictly C&D speculation and rumors.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-introduce-f150-lighting-replacement--88409.html

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
If I were to guess, I would say you don't see many of them around because dealers know people largely aren't going to be willing to plunk down $30,000+ on a regular cab XLT truck!! Add a few options and you've got a $40,000+ regular cab truck! I don't think it will be too long and we will start seeing regular cabs offered only as fleet vehicles.

View attachment 42576

this. Sad to say, but ford's pricing is insane. Why spend 35k on a regular cab when you can get a 4 door for a few more at that point?

west08

Established Member
I've seen ONE new reg cab short bed F150 but it was at the Ford prototype plant in Dearbord and had manufacture plate

BlkCpe

Established Member
A single cab with the 3.5 ecoboost would be badass! Possible diesel killer?!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread