2015 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Branhammer

Established Member
I know there's a thread for the SVTP league, but this thread is just for general discussions/advice for anyone who plays in any league. I started this thread today because I am having one of my worst years ever. I'm 3-4 in both my leagues. I drafted Eddie Lacy with my first pick in both leagues and he has shit the bed week after week after week so this week I'm done with him. He's on the bench until his vagina heals up and he starts scoring some points again. I'm not even going to consider him until he has 2 straight solid outings.

Here is my current lineup in a game that I really need to win this week.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Frank Gore
RB Gio Bernard
WR Calvin Johnson (P)
WR Julian Edelman
TE Gary Barnidge
Flex Johnathan Stewart
D/ST Rams
K Robbie Gould

Bench:
Eddie Lacy
Randall Cobb (sick of his shit too)
Rashard Mathews
Antonio Gates (Q)
Travis Benjamin
Allen Hurns
Duke Johnson Jr. (P)

On paper I should be a god damn boss. But I haven't done a good job of starting the right players the last few week and, again, the packers players I have are absolutely killing me. Anyone think I should swap out any of my current starters for anyone on the bench. And why?

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I drafted CJ Anderson(5th overall) and dropped him, also dropped Ellington too. Good thing my WRs (Robinson,Edelman, Hurns) my TE Barnidge (from waivers after his first big game) and Rams DST has kept me 4-2-1 in my big money league.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I know there's a thread for the SVTP league, but this thread is just for general discussions/advice for anyone who plays in any league. I started this thread today because I am having one of my worst years ever. I'm 3-4 in both my leagues. I drafted Eddie Lacy with my first pick in both leagues and he has shit the bed week after week after week so this week I'm done with him. He's on the bench until his vagina heals up and he starts scoring some points again. I'm not even going to consider him until he has 2 straight solid outings.

Here is my current lineup in a game that I really need to win this week.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Frank Gore
RB Gio Bernard
WR Calvin Johnson (P)
WR Julian Edelman
TE Gary Barnidge
Flex Johnathan Stewart
D/ST Rams
K Robbie Gould

Bench:
Eddie Lacy
Randall Cobb (sick of his shit too)
Rashard Mathews
Antonio Gates (Q)
Travis Benjamin
Allen Hurns
Duke Johnson Jr. (P)

On paper I should be a god damn boss. But I haven't done a good job of starting the right players the last few week and, again, the packers players I have are absolutely killing me. Anyone think I should swap out any of my current starters for anyone on the bench. And why?

PPR?

I'd put Lacy in over Stewart.

Branhammer

Established Member
Yes it's PPR. And you can't convince me to play Lacy yet. Stewart is warming up and going up against a Colts D that's been hemorrhaging rushing yards. My only worry is Cam Newton stealing his goal line TDs. But Lacy is a walking sack of shit until proven otherwise. I'd put literally any player on my bench in before I put him in. Like I said, he's going to have to show me, with at least two straight solid games, that he can score points with consistency before I even consider looking at him again. Can you tell I'm pissed off at Eddie Lacy? Yeah, **** that guy.

I drafted CJ Anderson(5th overall) and dropped him, also dropped Ellington too. Good thing my WRs (Robinson,Edelman, Hurns) my TE Barnidge (from waivers after his first big game) and Rams DST has kept me 4-2-1 in my big money league.

Hurns and Robinson have quietly been beasts this year. I've had Hurns on the bench all year because of how stacked I am at WR, but I think I'll be starting him when the Jags play the Ravens. If I had played Hurns over Cobb and Gio over Lacy all year, I'd be 5-2 right now.

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Hurns doesnt get many catches but usually goes big yardage and gets TDs too. Duke is a good PPR guy too but dont know what McCowns situation is, still starting Barnidge though.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Yes it's PPR. And you can't convince me to play Lacy yet. Stewart is warming up and going up against a Colts D that's been hemorrhaging rushing yards. My only worry is Cam Newton stealing his goal line TDs. But Lacy is a walking sack of shit until proven otherwise. I'd put literally any player on my bench in before I put him in. Like I said, he's going to have to show me, with at least two straight solid games, that he can score points with consistency before I even consider looking at him again. Can you tell I'm pissed off at Eddie Lacy? Yeah, **** that guy.

He's been hurt, now he's not. Starks has been getting some snaps, now he's hurt. Denver defense is fantastic vs the pass and not so good against the run. Denver is a bad offense so it's not like the Packers will have to be forced to pass a lot either. I see Lacy blowing up this game.

Branhammer

Established Member
He's been hurt, now he's not. Starks has been getting some snaps, now he's hurt. Denver defense is fantastic vs the pass and not so good against the run. Denver is a bad offense so it's not like the Packers will have to be forced to pass a lot either. I see Lacy blowing up this game.

That's a good point, I'm just terrified to start him. Hurt or not, I just haven't seen anything yet to give me faith in him. I like Stewarts matchup. I don't know. I'm torn. I can see Lacy bouncing back too, but I don't think I trust him enough to play him yet. I'm sure I'll end up regretting whatever decision I make. I'm positive that destiny will be determined by my pick. So, would you guys rather see Lacy play like shit? Or Stewart? Because it has nothing to do with matchups or talent and everything do to with which one I ****ing start on my fantasy team, apparently...

If only I could get Tom Brady and Gronk on my fantasy team... The Pats would lose out...

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
That's a good point, I'm just terrified to start him. Hurt or not, I just haven't seen anything yet to give me faith in him. I like Stewarts matchup. I don't know. I'm torn. I can see Lacy bouncing back too, but I don't think I trust him enough to play him yet. I'm sure I'll end up regretting whatever decision I make. I'm positive that destiny will be determined by my pick. So, would you guys rather see Lacy play like shit? Or Stewart? Because it has nothing to do with matchups or talent and everything do to with which one I ****ing start on my fantasy team, apparently...

Personally I think Lacy provides the highest ceiling and highest floor between him and Stewart. Go with you gut though because you're right about Lacy being a massive disappointment thus far. Hurns is another good option too though but I usually favor RBs over WRs, even in PPR. Also, Lacy is a great pass catching back and will probably be used for a bunch of dump offs this game.

Coiled03

Established Member
My team is ****ing cursed.

Jamaal Charles, and Arian Foster were my two main RBs.

Branhammer

Established Member
In my other league I have Alfred Blue and Duke Johnson Jr. on the bench and Melvin Gordon, who is almost healed up, is available on the waiver. Should I drop one of those bench players to pick him up? He's not going to do much this week but at this point in the season it's time to start thinking about the playoff weeks...if I make the playoffs.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I have Brees in my big money league and faced Brees in my other league lol. 153 so far and still L. Murray to finish playing.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
The curse strikes again!! ****ing injuries are going to cost me in all my leagues... FF gods hate me.

Branhammer

Established Member
My ESPN league is a full-point PPR league and I had to choose two of the four following players to fill my RB2 and Flex:

Eddie Lacy
Randall Cobb
Frank Gore
Johnathan Stewart

I'm down by 21 points. I ended up trusting my instinct and starting Gore and Stewart and thank God I did because I only need 22 points to win and even in a full point PPR league those two worthless piles of shit on the packers could only muster 19 points combined. I will not be starting either of them again this season until they prove they can do something with the ball. I don't care who they're playing. Lacy and Cobb are almost not even worth wasting bench spots on.

Coiled03

Established Member
I have Drew Brees on my team. And I didn't play him, because I played Tom Brady instead. Who knew 38pts from Brady would be the lesser of the two? :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread