2015 GT Daily Drivers Come on In!

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
So I've been without a Mustang for almost 2 years now, and the itch has returned. My fiance has compromised that I can get a Mustang, as long as I trade in my 06 Grand Prix Daily. This car is almost paid off, and the down payment on the car would be nice. She just doesnt want me to have two cars again, as my Cobra sat in the garage a lot.

I live in Illinois, so the winters are very hit and miss. I drove my '97 in the winter one year, and it was terrible. Granted, I had low profile tires and only a couple sandbags in the back. I'm assuming the IRS wont make much difference in the snow. I can always get appropriate tires during that time.

So leads me to ask, how many of you are driving your 2015 GT daily? Aside from the mileage, I've heard these cars are pretty comfortable. I only drive 14 miles round trip everyday to work.

jdcobra

Established Member
I drive mine daily and have the m6 PP GT with leather recaros. love it

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I DD mine and love the recaros. So far in 29 days that I have owned it i have put on 950 miles. Its sooo much nicer than my 01 cobra and even my 09 gt500!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I DD my LE auto. Love it. Oh, and I'm a single dad to a 3 year old girl. Love the car, do not have a single regret.

I am in south Louisiana so don't have the winters to deal with that you do.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I DD my new car, but ive been off work the due to the holidays so sitting around 400 miles since i picked up the car on the 19th. Car is super comfortable. heated seats in the cold is awesome. I love the car lol.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I plan on DD my 2015 PP once I receive my car! For real bad northeast winter days, I'll just drive my Chevy Silverado Z71 :)

On a side note: My 2015 has been sitting in a local (10 minutes from my house) rail yard and is being HELD under some kind of Ford Mo. Co. Quality Control issue!!?? Has anyone heard of this??

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Has anyone drove their '15 in snow yet? I just wonder if these handle better in the snow than previous models. Hell my '97 didnt even have TCS.. So there's that.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Has anyone drove their '15 in snow yet? I just wonder if these handle better in the snow than previous models. Hell my '97 didnt even have TCS.. So there's that.

I used to drive my Cobra with the TC turned off in the snow. A set of dedicated snow tires makes the difference.

Todd03Blown

Established Member

I have not but folks over at 6G that live in the snow areas have. They are super happy with the snow/wet mode. They cannot believe how well it drives in the snow. Ford really did a nice job with these driving modes.

stangfreak

Established Member
I was going to get one for a daily as well. I drove lots of mustangs in the snow. I'm sure it's no different. Rear wheel drive sucks. We get bad winters here in ny

Varekai

Established Member
Got my 2015 GT manual as a DD. No driving modes on mine so not sure how I'll do when I take my NC trips in December. Doubt I'll buy snow tires for one week a year.

jdcobra

Established Member
If you're gonna DD it I'd recommend doing the AMSOil manual transmission synchromesh fluid. Makes it shift like butter now just waiting for my MGW :beer:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
If you're gonna DD it I'd recommend doing the AMSOil manual transmission synchromesh fluid. Makes it shift like butter now just waiting for my MGW :beer:
How was was it to change out the transmission fluid? Never, ever done that before.

jdcobra

Established Member
How was was it to change out the transmission fluid? Never, ever done that before.

Really easy! There is a Allen key bolt on the bottom (I'd have to check which size) and you unscrew it and drain it. The fill bolt is on the side of the trans. Then you attach a filler onto the bottle and refill the trans with 2.7 quarts. Below I'll attach pic of the filler

95660434fa834300e3050c853d81c263.jpg

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
These cars really are growing on me. Gas mileage may suck, hopefully gas can stay this low for a while..;).

I'm trying to research into this now, but are the snow/rain/mud modes standard on the 2015 GTs, or is that an option? I'm sure these arent the greatest in snow/rain, but coming from my '97 with no TCS it has to be miles better than that..

jdcobra

Established Member
It's a 8mm hex key that you'll need and its on the passenger side of the transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread