2015 GT Daily Drivers Come on In!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
These cars really are growing on me. Gas mileage may suck, hopefully gas can stay this low for a while..;).

I'm trying to research into this now, but are the snow/rain/mud modes standard on the 2015 GTs, or is that an option? I'm sure these arent the greatest in snow/rain, but coming from my '97 with no TCS it has to be miles better than that..
The selectable drive modes (aluminum toggle switches) come only on the premium model. image.jpg

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Really easy! There is a Allen key bolt on the bottom (I'd have to check which size) and you unscrew it and drain it. The fill bolt is on the side of the trans. Then you attach a filler onto the bottle and refill the trans with 2.7 quarts. Below I'll attach pic of the filler

95660434fa834300e3050c853d81c263.jpg
Thanks!!
It's a 8mm hex key that you'll need and its on the passenger side of the transmission.
Thanks!!

Thanks again! Looks like I will do this as it appears to be easy.

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Now I wonder if its even possible to get a car seat in the back..Not that I would have to use this car for when that day comes as we have a '13 Taurus. But if the situation were to call for it, I'd like for it to be remotely possible.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Now I wonder if its even possible to get a car seat in the back..Not that I would have to use this car for when that day comes as we have a '13 Taurus. But if the situation were to call for it, I'd like for it to be remotely possible.

Yep you can. Other folks that have infants have posted their car seat in the back :)

Rct851

Established Member
Pretty sure there's a twin turbo boss302 on here with kid seats in the back lmao

jdcobra

Established Member
Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Thanks again! Looks like I will do this as it appears to be easy.

Man the thing shifts like butter here with 50* weather. One thing I forgot is that the proper pump you need you have to get from AMSOil for $11.50 it fits their quart and gallon sized bottles, part #G2039-EA. Also, to get the side fill bolt you'll need a 8mm Allen key since its a bit more narrow.
3902308b0a1fda86ae90c091d4f8ce89.jpg
40ddc1439811bcc055032d700141f69f.jpg

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Pretty sure there's a twin turbo boss302 on here with kid seats in the back lmao

I'm a single dad to a 3 year old girl. My 11 had baby seat in back and made 585 whp. And now I have an LE daily driver with baby seat in it. No problems here!

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I have the base 300A GT and put 15 miles on it roundtrip to work. I drive it in the winter as well. I have the cloth recaros and they are extremely comfortable. The 2015 has so many features on it now that it honestly blown me away. The clutch is nice and light and this car is easy to learn stick on. I taught two friends yesterday. You will love it. Only thing I don't like is the exhaust is a bit quiet lol.

roki187

Established Member
I live in Chicago and own a 15 gt pp. I really don't think you want to drive a gt with low profile 19 inch wheels. Between the salt, the pot holes and the kind of drivers we here. I wouldn't recommend it. I would strongly suggest investing in a snow tire/wheel package.

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
I have the base 300A GT and put 15 miles on it roundtrip to work. I drive it in the winter as well. I have the cloth recaros and they are extremely comfortable. The 2015 has so many features on it now that it honestly blown me away. The clutch is nice and light and this car is easy to learn stick on. I taught two friends yesterday. You will love it. Only thing I don't like is the exhaust is a bit quiet lol.

Exhaust will definitely be changed. ;). How does yours handle in the winter without the select driving modes?

I live in Chicago and own a 15 gt pp. I really don't think you want to drive a gt with low profile 19 inch wheels. Between the salt, the pot holes and the kind of drivers we here. I wouldn't recommend it. I would strongly suggest investing in a snow tire/wheel package.

I know the potholes in Chicago are horrible. The roads are well kept here for the most part. Ill definitely have other wheels/tires for the winter. How would you say the car handles aside from that in the snow? I've heard really good things.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Exhaust will definitely be changed. ;). How does yours handle in the winter without the select driving modes?

Since tires are the only contact a vehicle has with the road, snow tires are 100% crucial. With Blizzaks or X-Ices it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread