2015 GT Daily Drivers Come on In!

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Since tires are the only contact a vehicle has with the road, snow tires are 100% crucial. With Blizzaks or X-Ices it is fine.

Not bad. These little all season 18's have done well.

My recent drive to work before retiring was only 2 miles, but I always did it on A/S tires. But for anyone driving a serious distance, I guess snow tires are probably the way to go.

Still, I remember back in the 80's driving all my new GT's 10 miles to work without snow tires (Gatorbacks, TRX, etc.). lol

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
I am driving my new GT Prem as a DD, unfortunately I have the PZeros on there but I am going to change them out with Conti DWS in a week or so. MA winters are hit or miss, and I drove my last 11 Vert in the past two easily the worst winters in a while including a blizzard on 20" Nitto NT555 tires and had zero problems.

The new 15s drive modes especially wet/snow mode is excellent it throttles back the car quite a bit, reduces your pedal, and bumps up the abs/TC. Ford did a good job with this calibration, even with the shitty Pzeros on ice I had an easy time of it.

CM5878

Established Member
Do those 20's come with summer tires?

I am driving my new GT Prem as a DD, unfortunately I have the PZeros on there but I am going to change them out with Conti DWS in a week or so. MA winters are hit or miss, and I drove my last 11 Vert in the past two easily the worst winters in a while including a blizzard on 20" Nitto NT555 tires and had zero problems.

The new 15s drive modes especially wet/snow mode is excellent it throttles back the car quite a bit, reduces your pedal, and bumps up the abs/TC. Ford did a good job with this calibration, even with the shitty Pzeros on ice I had an easy time of it.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member

I had the Conti's on a prev car I owned, worked very well in snow. When my OEM tires wear out, that's what they're getting replaced with.

The new 15s drive modes especially wet/snow mode is excellent it throttles back the car quite a bit, reduces your pedal, and bumps up the abs/TC. Ford did a good job with this calibration ...

It would've been nice if my 13 had that, I guess I'll have to make do with my 38 years of driving experience and A/S tires. ;-)

But for anyone who doesn't have Summer only tires, driving Stangs in the Winter is definitely doable. No one with A/S tires needs to park their pony for the Winter if they don't want to!

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
I am interested in hearing more regarding driving these daily in the Midwest. Any help would be great.
p

Sounds like these cars are pretty tolerable in snow/wet conditions. From what I've gathered, getting a performance pack car with the select driving modes is a huge plus. Also swapping out the rims/tires with snow tires when the time comes is always recommended.

Sand bags in the back still needed I wonder...?

Users who are viewing this thread