2015 GT Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter

Dcrypter

Established Member
MGW kept the push down reverse lockout as well. The MGW was smoother than the Barton IMO. The solid design of the MGW is what I loved most. Even if it didn't have the shortest throw it was the best quality designed one to me.

Yeah I know they kept the push down reverse as well I was just mentioning that because not all of the short throws did. I am interested in the MGW and I really appreciate the fact that they redesigned everything to be so much better than stock. I would really like to be able to try both the MGW and the Barton + Blowfish combo to see which I liked more but I doubt that I will be able to pull that off.

Dcrypter

Established Member
If you want a shorter throw on an MGW just call them up and order a shorter stick. It will only cost about $15.

It's already shorter than OEM from what I've read. How much shorter would it need to be for another 5% reduction? Would it look weird or be uncomfortable with it being however much shorter that would be? One of the things that was nice about the old Barton was it kept factory knob height.

I would be more than happy with a 35% reduction though as long as the shifter height didn't look weird being lower than whatever the current "lower than oem" is.

jdcobra

Established Member
It's already shorter than OEM from what I've read. How much shorter would it need to be for another 5% reduction? Would it look weird or be uncomfortable with it being however much shorter that would be? One of the things that was nice about the old Barton was it kept factory knob height.

I would be more than happy with a 35% reduction though as long as the shifter height didn't look weird being lower than whatever the current "lower than oem" is.

Look on the site if you want examples of what the sticks could look like

Dcrypter

Established Member
Look on the site if you want examples of what the sticks could look like

I've been following the post on M6G and they said they would have some '15 install pictures "soon" which was on the 25th so I've been waiting patiently. I figure whatever the "lower than oem" height the MGW is at normally will look good but if I order a shorter stick from them to get a little more throw reduction will it still look ok?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They have the comfort, regular, and race, right?

Those are for their top-loader shifters, like the T56. What I'm talking about is essentially just straight stainless rod with threads cut on each end.

When we work with them to develop a shifter we often find that as little as 0.25 inch can make a big difference.

I've been following the post on M6G and they said they would have some '15 install pictures "soon" which was on the 25th so I've been waiting patiently. I figure whatever the "lower than oem" height the MGW is at normally will look good but if I order a shorter stick from them to get a little more throw reduction will it still look ok?

They planning on stealing my pics of installing one on Fri? :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Dcrypter said:
I figure whatever the "lower than oem" height the MGW is at normally will look good but if I order a shorter stick from them to get a little more throw reduction will it still look ok?

Understand that a shorter stick means you are giving up some leverage or mechanical advantage. Probably deserving of consideration over simply "looks."

jdcobra

Established Member
MGW is better than Barton imo. I've had every shifter you could have on my 12 and by far the MGW blew them all away. They'll do it again on the s550's

Dcrypter

Established Member
When we work with them to develop a shifter we often find that as little as 0.25 inch can make a big difference.

They planning on stealing my pics of installing one on Fri? :)

That's awesome I was worried it might have to drop significantly. Thanks!

I'll be looking here first for the fresh pics ;)

Users who are viewing this thread