2015 GT Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter

jdcobra

Established Member
I've read it decreases the throw by 15%. Has anyone bought and installed one? If so, do you like it or should I wait for other companies? Any info as always have will be greatly appreciated.

jdcobra

Established Member
Lol, as long as it's better build quality and not all flimsy I wouldn't care lol. It's the sloppiness I don't like.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Steve is right. All it is is a shorter center shaft. Everything else is box stock. When you see what you have to do to install a shifter in this car you won't want to mess with anything other than a complete shifter replacement, like the MGW.

Branhammer

Established Member
Steve is right. All it is is a shorter center shaft. Everything else is box stock. When you see what you have to do to install a shifter in this car you won't want to mess with anything other than a complete shifter replacement, like the MGW.

What all has to be done? The MGW on my 96 was nothing to install, but I've seen write-ups on 2011+ models and it looks absolutely insane for such a simple mod.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What all has to be done? The MGW on my 96 was nothing to install, but I've seen write-ups on 2011+ models and it looks absolutely insane for such a simple mod.

You have disassemble the shifter from the bottom of the car and pull its guts out. May as well just replace it all, as the stock shifter is flimsy.

jdcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.with y'all being vendors and mods I figured y'all would be in the loop a little more than I would.

Dcrypter

Established Member
All it is... is a shorter handle.

Wait for BARTON to release theirs.

I'm waiting impatiently for theirs to come out. The 40% throw reduction for my '12 was awesome!

Barton short throw shifter + Blowfish Racing shifter support bracket and i'm in heaven! The Blowfish bracket should be out this month but I haven't heard anything about Bartons shifter other than it's coming.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm waiting impatiently for theirs to come out. The 40% throw reduction for my '12 was awesome!

Barton short throw shifter + Blowfish Racing shifter support bracket and i'm in heaven! The Blowfish bracket should be out this month but I haven't heard anything about Bartons shifter other than it's coming.

The MGW Race Spec makes all of that obsolete.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
George just cant stop making things better. And just when you think he couldn't top himself - he does.

I just installed his latest Gen II GT500 shifter on my '09 with a TR6060 and I'm proud to say that the design, the CNC machine work, the finishes, and the included hardware, are something to behold. I've followed his work on the '15 shifter and it looks to be no different.

Dcrypter

Established Member
The MGW Race Spec makes all of that obsolete.

I am interested in the MGW but I like the extra throw reduction from the Barton. When I was looking for a short throw for my '12 no one else even came close to Barton in throw reduction and they also retained the push down reverse lockout which is why I ended up getting that one. It was well within my budget at the time as well so it made the choice a little easier.

Can I have the MGW Lower and Barton upper? That would be my ideal choice in all of this I think. I am pretty sure that I already know the answer to that one though :/

jdcobra

Established Member
I am interested in the MGW but I like the extra throw reduction from the Barton. When I was looking for a short throw for my '12 no one else even came close to Barton in throw reduction and they also retained the push down reverse lockout which is why I ended up getting that one. It was well within my budget at the time as well so it made the choice a little easier.

Can I have the MGW Lower and Barton upper? That would be my ideal choice in all of this I think. I am pretty sure that I already know the answer to that one though :/

MGW kept the push down reverse lockout as well. The MGW was smoother than the Barton IMO. The solid design of the MGW is what I loved most. Even if it didn't have the shortest throw it was the best quality designed one to me.

Users who are viewing this thread