2015 GT PP vs Boss 302 ?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Claims were made and egos bruised but it seems like this comparison never really happened. Has anyone seen any videos or anything that can compare these on the track?

matt5058

Established Member
I'm late to the show...why? Because the 2015 didn't perform as well as it should or the other way around?

Dcrypter

Established Member
http://www.autonet.ca/en/2014/09/21/first-drive-2015-ford-mustang-gt

"The old Boss 302 was indeed known for being faster than its contemporary BMW M3, but that got me thinking about how this new Performance Package GT stacks up. Mustang Chief Engineer Dave Pericak told me that, yes, this new car is faster than the Boss. Indeed, it's 1.5 seconds around Michigan's Grattan Raceway - a circuit where I've won some races - and I can tell you that's a real accomplishment."

That's the best i have for you.

bpmurr

Established Member
I owned a 13 Boss 302 and now have a 15 GT with the Performance Pack. No doubt the new GT will beat at least the standard Boss around the track. The Boss is slightly faster in straight-line performance because of less weight and similar power. Driving my 15 GT feels like driving my Boss 302 with all the luxury goodies. My Boss 302 was my favorite Mustang so it's in good company.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member

5.0jake

Established Member
Interesting that they prefer the 3.31's over the 3.73's for the Texas tracks...

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I've had both and will say the s550 is better in almost every single way. My biggest knock is the irs in the 1/4 Omg I've never had a car wheel hop so bad

Voltwings

Established Member
Interesting that they prefer the 3.31's over the 3.73's for the Texas tracks...

Texas tracks have a good bit of straights. There's only 1 spot in the 2 tracks i like to frequent where i need 5th with my 3.31s, but that's the front straight at TWS where hitting 150 is not too hard in a 5.0, the rest i can just wind out 4th and be fine. I prefer this because most turns you can manage in 3rd gear (really the meat and potatoes gear on most courses) and a downshift from 4th to 3rd is easier than a 5th to 3rd. Plus its just less shifting around the rest of the course. I whole heartily agree 3.31 > 3.73.

Users who are viewing this thread