2015 Mustang catches fire after dealership fixes under warranty!!!!

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I just read this article... I wonder wtf the dealership did to the car to cause it to explode.

nosscort

Established Member
There are people local that know this kid.. car was 2 months old with 6k on it, the story is just that some say.. don't believe everything you read is what I have been told...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What happened to that guy that had a thread about his new 15 stang catching fire? Did anything ever come of that?

ryan319

Established Member
What happened to that guy that had a thread about his new 15 stang catching fire? Did anything ever come of that?

I think Ford blamed the owner. I don't think he was forthcoming with all the details, it sounded a little sketchy.

xspeed02

Established Member
If you are talking about the guy in Houston I heard from the dealer that he was apparently pulling out his seat to go out street racing and when he put the seat back in he pinched the wires or something along those lines. They definitely blamed him though. The funny thing is that I heard this as I was shopping for a new 2015 and then found the thread on here after the fact. It was an interesting read for sure.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are talking about the guy in Houston I heard from the dealer that he was apparently pulling out his seat to go out street racing and when he put the seat back in he pinched the wires or something along those lines. They definitely blamed him though. The funny thing is that I heard this as I was shopping for a new 2015 and then found the thread on here after the fact. It was an interesting read for sure.

Hmm, i thought it was the drivers seat. Seems like to much trouble to take out a seat and replace it with whatever other seat in order to race a stock stang...

xspeed02

Established Member
Hmm, i thought it was the drivers seat. Seems like to much trouble to take out a seat and replace it with whatever other seat in order to race a stock stang...

If I recall the story correctly, I believe his friend jumped out of the car because the passenger seat caught fire but I could be mistaken.

xspeed02

Established Member
Either way this whole business of the 2015's catching fire is crazy. I was really wanting to go pick up a new car but between this and the QA issues I have read about it seems like maybe it isn't a great idea.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Either way this whole business of the 2015's catching fire is crazy. I was really wanting to go pick up a new car but between this and the QA issues I have read about it seems like maybe it isn't a great idea.

Thats why it is usually wise to not pick up the 1st new gen production year....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are people local that know this kid.. car was 2 months old with 6k on it, the story is just that some say.. don't believe everything you read is what I have been told...
my bet ,, he took off his mods to take it to the dealer to get warranty work done, failed to secure a fuel line properly when putting it back together. fuel leak + hot engine = instaflame ... warranty will be denied if Ford finds out about it. and in this day and age .. they are likely to find out about it

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member

Don't worry about it man. Today's age, just a couple people with a problem, a hard on and a keyboard can make a small problem seem huge. Two fires, completely unrelated, both with questionable back stories from friends is not a problem to worry with a new car. Not even close.

Panel fitment, yeah there where some bad but remember, gaps are much tighter now than outgoing model. So a smaller difference would be more apparent. Plus, with the noise made over fitment, many more people on forums are looking closer. I guarantee 50% of those people (if not more) would never have noticed had they not been tipped off by a few early adopters on forums.

hand-filer

Established Member
The panel fitment on my 2012 is as good if not better than on my 2013 Acura. I don't think Ford has made great strides in this respect.

Panel fitment, yeah there where some bad but remember, gaps are much tighter now than outgoing model. So a smaller difference would be more apparent. Plus, with the noise made over fitment, many more people on forums are looking closer. I guarantee 50% of those people (if not more) would never have noticed had they not been tipped off by a few early adopters on forums.

14ksstang

Established Member

I can honestly say I've noticed threads being different color but like you said it took me to actually look for them from people making claims for me to even notice. It was my car so If I didn't notice it while driving it every day, neither will anybody else. I've come to realize these are really nice cars and have had few flaws bit for a first year car it's been doing great.

Users who are viewing this thread