2015 Mustang Engine Lineup Leaked

Naturesmistake

Established Member
I'm not a fan of any of the chop ups going around, but a 475 hp Coyote will be interesting! It's something different. I won't be trading in on one, but it'll be fun to see what the next generation brings as this will mean a whole new legion of fast Mustangs to add to the ones already on the street. I love when each generation has something unique to bring to the table and creates its own die hard fans. It'll be cool seeing a turbo four go against imports toe to toe as well. Thanks for posting this! :pop:

...Only vehicle on my lust list right now though is a Raptor. That would be...

evil-roach-meme-generator-good-good-b810d2.jpg

Lemers

Established Member
Here's an idea... let's update the entire car's exterior and interior in MY 2015, but hold off updating the engines until the MY 2016.

2010_ford_mustang_coupe_gt-premium_fq_oem_3_500.jpg

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
He better keep his mouth shut up there!

Your gonna get cut from the loop you idiot... Ford releases false info to find out who the company idiots are. Everybody assumes the DI Coyote will be 475hp...

If I were a shill, I'd be fed nonsense I'm sure. They either are doing security checks with already well known or assumed info. OR, this is a pause for effect leak. Maybe both...

It's nice to close all the dangerous leaks before REAL info starts finding it's way into the forums. At this point, even if I did know anything, I wouldn't risk my sources just to confirm that he just went against his contract. I am far to afraid to lose what little I have collected and I am sure my affiliates thank me... These sources are MINE, not OURS and NOT thePill's...

Last edited:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
Ford has committed to build the new Mustang on a " global " platform, starting with Europe first. However, they have delayed the launch of it for at least a year based on
the economic conditions in the EU. Having said that, the 5.0 engine application, while attractive to US customers may not fair well if at all in countries who have high fuel prices. My sense is 1 four cyl, and 2 V6 engine applications...which would allow Ford
to globalize this car, for the first time in history. I do not believe the 5.0 will be in the
2015 platform..just my 2 cents.

evilrazor

Established Member
Ford has committed to build the new Mustang on a " global " platform, starting with Europe first. However, they have delayed the launch of it for at least a year based on
the economic conditions in the EU. Having said that, the 5.0 engine application, while attractive to US customers may not fair well if at all in countries who have high fuel prices. My sense is 1 four cyl, and 2 V6 engine applications...which would allow Ford
to globalize this car, for the first time in history. I do not believe the 5.0 will be in the

Ford doesn't need 3 fuel economic engines to globalize.

4cyl for Europe
6cyl for non gt mustangs in the us
5.0 for gt

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The Mustang GT will contend directly with the M3 and the M3 is in demand over there. It uses a 4.0 V8 and is very well thought of over there.

I lived in Germany and had a 5.0, they could not believe that I paid so little for what I got. The V8 will do fairly well in Europe and so will the Getrag. I imagine the 3 engine options will have equal share of the market.

Lemers

Established Member
Just because Ford is lining up 3 engines doesn't mean all 3 engines are going to all markets. They will look to see what makes since for every market. Since the V8 versions of the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang sell very well over here I don't see why Ford will drop it right now. If the couldn't sell them in this gen then I would understand. MPG are a concern but we aren't comparing a GT to a Prius. So MPG are relative to the category you are selling to.

mycroft

Established Member
The amount of credence given to a completely anonymous post from some guy just because he lives in Michigan and 'knows a guy at Ford' is pretty hilarious.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The Mustang GT will contend directly with the M3 and the M3 is in demand over there. It uses a 4.0 V8 and is very well thought of over there.

I lived in Germany and had a 5.0, they could not believe that I paid so little for what I got. The V8 will do fairly well in Europe and so will the Getrag. I imagine the 3 engine options will have equal share of the market.

Not anymore. The new M3 is powered by a 3.0 I6 Twin (2)-Turbo (Two Twin-Scroll turbos).

Users who are viewing this thread