2015 Mustang Review / Boss 302 Comparison

rrg9946

Established Member
I compared an Auto V6, a standard V6, an auto 3v and a standard 3v to prove a point. The autos are always slower. No shit the standard v6 and 3vs are faster than the auto EB4, thats the point i have been making this entire time, each is .5 - .8 faster than their auto siblings. So, what does that mean? It means the EB4 with a standard ... wait for it .... will be faster. Its not rocket science boss.

Stop it stop it!!!! You are making way too much common sense...... Who now a days uses deductive reasoning? Shame on you for clearly using basic logic.....

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I compared an Auto V6, a standard V6, an auto 3v and a standard 3v to prove a point. The autos are always slower. No shit the standard v6 and 3vs are faster than the auto EB4, thats the point i have been making this entire time, each is .5 - .8 faster than their auto siblings. So, what does that mean? It means the EB4 with a standard ... wait for it .... will be faster. Its not rocket science boss.

Then why would Ford supply them the auto? You being a turbo expert, wouldn't an auto keep the turbo spooled while going down the track vs. a stick dropping in and out of boost as you shift? It's possible, wait for it, the auto is quicker?

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Stop it stop it!!!! You are making way too much common sense...... �� Who now a days uses deductive reasoning? Shame on you for clearly using basic logic..... ��

Except once again, we don't know that as fact. Has Ford come out and said the EB4 auto is slower than the standard. Lots of reasons why 3Valve and V6 autos are slower. As Voltwings stated with his GF's car it had 2.73 rear gears. The EB4 had a 3.55. So gearing his GF's car with the same gear would've picked him atleast .5ths if not more.

vergil

Established Member
Calm down guys, honestly I do hope 2015 PP beats the Boss on the track and with some exterior updates(especially front) I'll have enough reasons to trade in my car for s550.

There is still no proof though all we have is Dave Pericak's statements, he is also the source for 200 pounds weight reduction, which turned out to be the opposite. Why don't they release the numbers or a video that shows it beats the Boss.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Then why would Ford supply them the auto? You being a turbo expert, wouldn't an auto keep the turbo spooled while going down the track vs. a stick dropping in and out of boost as you shift? It's possible, wait for it, the auto is quicker?

Maybe because Ford thinks the auto offers a better overall driving experience in the EB vs the manual? They want a good review of the car, not just a good review of how fast it can go down the quarter.

rrg9946

Established Member
Except once again, we don't know that as fact. Has Ford come out and said the EB4 auto is slower than the standard. Lots of reasons why 3Valve and V6 autos are slower. As Voltwings stated with his GF's car it had 2.73 rear gears. The EB4 had a 3.55. So gearing his GF's car with the same gear would've picked him atleast .5ths if not more.

You can't have it both ways. You don't like it when others use logic to explain their reasoning. But you did just that. Where are the "facts" to substantiate your claim?

Although I dont disagree with what you are saying, just making an observation as to how you went about it.

rrg9946

Established Member
Calm down guys, honestly I do hope 2015 PP beats the Boss on the track and with some exterior updates(especially front) I'll have enough reasons to trade in my car for s550.

There is still no proof though all we have is Dave Pericak's statements, he is also the source for 200 pounds weight reduction, which turned out to be the opposite. Why don't they release the numbers or a video that shows that it beats the Boss.
It is pretty frustrating how Ford has handled the car's release. Some expectations were not met. I do feel that the overall package is a great platform to modify. Time will tell on the vehicles ability to withstand abuse from said modifications. As much as i want the overall experience, i also want straight line performance. Hopefully the aftermarket industry will create supporting products.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Sooo, what you guys are saying is...2000 Cobra R?

I think the '15 PP GT will perform better than the current 1LE and the Boss 302, but just. I also think that Ford is sandbagging a lot with the 2015 just to see where the new Alpha Camaro ends up. I believe that buying a 2015 is going to be a regret in one or two more model years.

I wouldn't consider buying a 2015 GT, but when that new GT350 5.2 FPC gem goes up for sale, I may not be able to help myself. I'm fighting the urges already.

Last edited:

old_goat

Established Member
Obviously ruffled your feathers, ha suger? Didn't mean to make you tear up. Would you like some tissue?

Where's they test info Boss vs Track pack GT? Who did the test? I truly don't care either way, but prove it. Enough with the engineer said it would do it.......

Also already proved a 3 valve will rip stock for stock an EB4 a new asshole, if we're magazine racing.

Oh, wait. Still not going in my garage.

So what else does your bitch ass have to say. Refute with actual proof this time.

You know, when one person debates his point in an adult manner and another debates like an 18 year old kid calling someone a 'bitch ass', it's just not a good way to make their point. Coming off with name calling and in an overly aggressive manner does not equate to making your point.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
You know, when one person debates his point in an adult manner and another debates like an 18 year old kid calling someone a 'bitch ass', it's just not a good way to make their point. Coming off with name calling and in an overly aggressive manner does not equate to making your point.
I noticed that too. And in the other threads, it was very apparent that voltwing was the one acting mature and respectfully making his points.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
... Refute with actual proof this time.

On what point? Prove it!...

so what you're saying is you don't have any proof just wanted to "talk smack". Just say you don't have any ****ing proof.

You didn't prove anybody wrong ... Sorry, show me the proof. Is that a hard concept to understand.

Except once again, we don't know that as fact...

The following statement doesn't appear to be proof, rather conjecture (with a side dish of snarky):

The way I see it the "trick" to not drawing conclusions until the facts are in, is to not actually take sides very publicly.

Should it be proven (by some miracle and after the facts are in) that the 15 GT PP can beat a Boss on at least 50% of the tracks in side by side comparisons, or that a 15 GT PP can beat a similarly equipped 14 or earlier car despite the added weight, or that a manual EB Mustang can outrun a V6 will you be publicly proclaiming your position as long and loud as you have been forecasting it? Or will damage control be the order of the day?

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Probably still runs a 14 though...

image_zpsfff718c8.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a feeling that the 2015 PP GT will be faster than a Boss 302 on many tracks (especially rough ones that tend to upset a SRA), but it won't feel faster. The increased refinement of the 2015 will make it feel slower. Think of it like comparing a Terminator to a 2014 GT. The Terminator will often feel much more powerful because the car is rougher around the edges. It's a more visceral driving experience.

tbi0904

Established Member

There is still no proof though all we have is Dave Pericak's statements, he is also the source for 200 pounds weight reduction, which turned out to be the opposite. Why don't they release the numbers or a video that shows it beats the Boss.
You guys gotta stop spouting the "Ford said it would weigh 200 pounds lighter" nonsense. That was an internet rumor that caught on like wildfire and was allegedly backed up when Ford said they met their weight targets. As for the lap times we'll know soon enough. Car and Driver has a PP '15 for the Lightning Lap.

steeltoe

Established Member
You guys gotta stop spouting the "Ford said it would weigh 200 pounds lighter" nonsense. That was an internet rumor that caught on like wildfire and was allegedly backed up when Ford said they met their weight targets. As for the lap times we'll know soon enough. Car and Driver has a PP '15 for the Lightning Lap.

They already did the LL for this year.

vergil

Established Member

here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF924X3c4Tw#t=271

please do some research before you post something.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That's one of the main reasons I think they're sandbagging with the 2015. I believe that they can make it lighter than they have, but they're just leaving something on the table to one up the latest Camaro. I could be wrong, I just have that feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread