2015 Mustang Review / Boss 302 Comparison

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I'd rather have my Pioneer touch screen that mirrors my phone, a rooted Galaxy S4, as a head unit. My Terminator has a higher tech cabin. Looks like a Fusion but I do like the rear tails and design.

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
So, that is the guy responsible for this mess!

No wonder Ford remains so tight lipped in general on product development.
Dave Pericak did the Mustang no favors with that statement.

Yup. Pretty easy to see where people get the 200 lb weight reduction idea from...

Deranged2013

Established Member
That's one of the main reasons I think they're sandbagging with the 2015. I believe that they can make it lighter than they have, but they're just leaving something on the table to one up the latest Camaro. I could be wrong, I just have that feeling.

I agree. I feel that there will be a more powerful mustang in 2016 or 17 but it will be very difficult to drop weight. They could drop weight but not without added cost to the consumer and they intend to keep the GT affordable. As for horse power, we may see DI with 12.5 compression in the near future.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I agree. I feel that there will be a more powerful mustang in 2016 or 17 but it will be very difficult to drop weight. They could drop weight but not without added cost to the consumer and they intend to keep the GT affordable. As for horse power, we may see DI with 12.5 compression in the near future.

That's true. Maybe they will go with some lightweight parts on the new GT350 to keep that gap even wider. I agree with the DI idea considering that our heads already have injector bosses for it. I've been wondering when they were going to pull the trigger on that, and I wouldn't doubt it showing up in the GT350.

The supposed reason for them shooting it down was that it only gained about 5 more horsepower, and that wasn't enough to justify the expense. I could see that on a motor where the compression didn't change, but as you stated, a jump to 12.5:1 wouldn't be a problem on pump gas with DI. A little power from DI alone, then another 25+ from the compression increase should net 30-40hp I'd guess. With DI and compression would come better emissions and economy as well. I believe it's just a matter of time.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I'd rather have my Pioneer touch screen that mirrors my phone, a rooted Galaxy S4, as a head unit. My Terminator has a higher tech cabin. Looks like a Fusion but I do like the rear tails and design.
Huh? Higher tech cabin? That is funny. Because you have a touchscreen? I had an 03 Cobra for 6 years...

Todd03Blown

Established Member
The guy from MM&FF (Ask Bernie) said the 2015 GT with a tune and DR's is running 12.0X's....Didn't share the 60' time or the MPH as he can't right now but will be published soon enough.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Yes. My cabin electronics are not stock...I monitor on the hu with torque anything. Can't do that in that cabin. Have auto adjust rear view with triple zone real time iats tied in wont be doing that in the 2015. And of course Android on touch Head unit. Not going to beat that with any Ford interior.

Ford radios have always sucked and still do.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Yes. My cabin electronics are not stock...I monitor on the hu with torque anything. Can't do that in that cabin. Have auto adjust rear view with triple zone real time iats tied in wont be doing that in the 2015. And of course Android on touch Head unit. Not going to beat that with any Ford interior.

Ford radios have always sucked and still do.
Good stuff! Thanks!

Branhammer

Established Member
It sucks that the fusion came out first. If the Mustang had come out first no one would be saying it "looks like a fusion." They'd be saying "it looks like Aston Martin made a pony car."

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Sorry for the hack explanation, I'm at work typing on G Note...kb kinda sucks.

Wanted to elaborate on the triple zone rearview mirror temps...I put a toggle to 3 different temp sending units, one in my fender one right before the tb and one monitoring my Sc temp. Also great that it diffuses lights from people behind me automatically. I would recommend this for all Cobras.

Also since I have full voice control on my S4, it brings that to my cabin as well.

I run shell scipts on my phone (Android is Linux) and extrapolate every stat from Torque and my Ecu to Excel spread sheets.

So yeah sky is the limit with anything you want to do.

I run youtube Cobra compilation playlists at shows and turn the volume up a little, something a little diff.

Most new cars will have TS Os soon enough.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Isn't Ford switching to icar or whatever by apple in a few years and dropping myfordtouch? That would be another reason to wait a little while if you're wanting a 2015 with a touchscreen. My wife's Focus ST has MFT with nav. It's buggy, slow, and I'm sure will have lost support from Ford in a few years once the new system goes on sale.

Sorry, this is getting off topic. He just got me thinking about tech stuff. :)

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Rumor has it...

The new GT was tested along w/ the EB who ran 12.5s on the strip, and the 5.0 with only drag radials and a tune went 12.0's.

That's badass.

I imagine official numbers and w/ bolt on's, etc will be release soon.

Users who are viewing this thread