2015 prototype mule spotted

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Cheap and Lazy... there isn't much they HAVE to do at this point so I agree there. I also agree with the above. As much as I love Ford, they have let us down before. This may be the Xbox One to the Xbox 360 (read completely unnecessary). It will take a lot for me to jump but I am of the camp that does not feel retro is played out. Retro simply IS a Mustang like a Porsche is a Porsche. I am not excited about a Euro Stang. But hey it could very well be sexy. If it is, I may eventually buy a turbo four as a DD but I'll be keeping my 13.
I know in retrospect, a lot of younger people look back at the history and dislike certain eras. While many may not like the '71-'73, Mustang II, Fox body or SN95, I should point out that, each of those designs were extremely popular. The 1974 Mustang II was the second best selling Mustang ever and actually sold almost as mush as the '65. It was only deemed a failure after the late Fox bodies started making 205hp.

This Mustang will be just like every other Mustang to date... It will be perfect for the times and, it will define the pony car segment... In which every Pony car attempt by other companies will be measured by.

SukOnDeez86

Established Member
In fact, I can see this under there...

2015mustang3.jpg

I hope so! :-D but every time I see the new pics it looks quite similar to a new edge front lol

Naturesmistake

Established Member
Every Mustang has had its fans for various reasons and it's true they were all successful. This one will be too. I am also sure the car will have something to offer, they all did. Whether it makes me want to give mine up or stands the tests of time is another story. I will say I wanted a classic look so the current gen worked for me. I personally feel the classic look was never dated. However I also love New Edges so I am not completley biased. There is a chance this will grow on me. It's just too early to tell. I am looking forward to the reveal as it should be interesting.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
There is a lot of misdirection in these spy photo's... I outlined the false structure in red and highlighted some obvious changes. Take note of the major changes to the door size and the very sporty fender flares that look a lot like the DBS.

1010166_584562251575544_210948205_n.jpg

3679_584562311575538_1449297773_n.jpg

The Aston DBS (J. May's favorite and personal ride along with the Boss LS). The flares are spot on... Also, the DBS sports an integrated ducktail, is it possible the mule has this as well and it isn't just padding?

03dbscarbonblackreview2010opta.jpg
ADG-Aston-DBS-541.jpg

and now the C&D render

2015-ford-mustang-inline-1-photo-477977-s-original.jpg
2015mustang3.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-artists-rendering-photo-481618-s-787x481-625x1000.jpg

I am glad I waited for the new car.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Here is what I believe the profile outline to be. A short front overhang, a semi-fastback, smaller doors, front and rear fender flares and C scoop. There may be a vent in the front fender and you can actually see the rear quarter window is changed in one lucky photo. Very, very DBS...

Since the camo job was made up to resemble the S197, the S550 actually fits into the older cars frame. This could be a 3300lb car... The downsizing alone was 200-300lbs. Its possible that Ford didn't have to use expensive materials and methods to lose weight...

Now that I see the profile, my excitement is unmeasurable. The profile is very sporty and the large hips will give it some DBS/911 stance. The dark blue in the rear is outlining the deep hips of the new car. The headlights will be swooping, very similar to the Aston Martin's in execution but not design. You will instantly notice that the Mustang and DBS/9 side windows are almost identical. Windshield angle is also almost identical.... I expect the rear quarter and rear windows to be identical as well. The fastback will be similar, the hips on the Mustang may be more muscle than the DBS which is where the Mustang will seperate itself from the Euro sports car classes. I used two shades of blue for the front, the light blue is where the headlights are at while the dark blue is how far the grille housing extends to. The Mustang's fascia will also set it vastly apart from the Aston Martin. Looks like a lot of weight came out of the front of the car... This could also be very close to 50/50 distribution.

1001462_584567338241702_195547045_n.jpg

2013-aston-martin-db9-revealed-photo-gallery_11.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Here is what I believe the profile outline to be. A short front overhang, a semi-fastback, smaller doors, front and rear fender flares and C scoop. There may be a vent in the front fender and you can actually see the rear quarter window is changed in one lucky photo. Very, very DBS...

Since the camo job was made up to resemble the S197, the S550 actually fits into the older cars frame. This could be a 3300lb car... The downsizing alone was 200-300lbs. Its possible that Ford didn't have to use expensive materials and methods to lose weight...

Now that I see the profile, my excitement is unmeasurable. The profile is very sporty and the large hips will give it some DBS/911 stance. The dark blue in the rear is outlining the deep hips of the new car. The headlights will be swooping, very similar to the Aston Martin's in execution but not design.

1001462_584567338241702_195547045_n.jpg

2013-aston-martin-db9-revealed-photo-gallery_11.jpg

As I've said many times, Ford is proud to introduce the 2015 Ford Aston Marstang D(irect)B(latant)S(imilarities)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
As I've said many times, Ford is proud to introduce the 2015 Ford Aston Marstang D(irect)B(latant)S(imilarities)
It's no secret the 1964 1/2 was inspired by the 1963 DB4. If they are gonna capture the spirit of the original, an easy place to look would be where that inspiration is today and what it has become. Use the original recipe not re-interpret the original like last gen. Its only natural for the Mustang to evolve like the Corvette and the Skyline/GTR. Trust me, Ford is proud of this car.

3833381432_89f3be95a9.jpg

car_photo_306875_25.jpg

Then Aston Marin borrowed the 1968-'69 Mustang's looks in 1974.

fs_208.jpg

No one seemed to mind... and is anyone going to be angry being afforded the opportunity to own a bad ass car for $25,000-$35,000? I like this idea...

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
If the new one looks like the red car and driver mock up above... I will be trading my Shelby for one. I love the Aston'esque look.

VictorySong

Established Member
It's no secret the 1964 1/2 was inspired by the 1963 DB4. If they are gonna capture the spirit of the original, an easy place to look would be where that car is today and what it has become. Use the original recipe not re-interpret the original like last gen. Its only natural for the Mustang to evolve like the Corvette and the Skyline/GTR. Trust me, Ford is proud of this car.

No one seemed to mind... and is anyone going to be angry being afforded the opportunity to own a bad ass car for $25,000-$35,000? I like this idea...

Spot on. If it's anything like the Aston Martin it will look great and be closer to the original than the retro inspired 05-14 cars that are so played out and blocky. It's a win win for Ford.

I can't wait.:D

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Lets look at the wide body GT500. You will notice the bottom of the fender flares and how long the extension is right? The extension on the new Mustang is similar to the ones below. The new Mustang has some powerful hips and shoulders... The angle on the new Mustang is a little more gradual but the are big none the less. I believe this GT500 used 305's all around. Ford will not do that on the GT or GT350... The max you will see is a 285 all around because anything larger in the front is illegal in the SCCA (could be 295, I need to check). Naturally, the new Mustang's flares are slightly smaller than the Need for Speed GT500.

1009522_10151999262404569_823482328_o.jpg

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I believe it says 285/30/20 on front tires Pill.
Yes sir, that is correct. So, I doubt we will see a boxed 295 or 305 unless its on the GT500. That's a possibility because Ford doesn't push the GT500 in road racing competition but could benefit from 305's in all four corners.

That being said, most Camaro fans assume that all cars need big brakes and thick tires to be a handler. Well, that's not entirely true... The Camaro needs big brakes because it is fat and absolutely needs them. It needs fat tires because again, it's fat @$$ needs them. If the next GT500 weighs 3500lbs, then 14 inch disc are as large as you really want to go. There are maximum disc size allowances in motor sport as well and I believe it is just above 14 inches. If the new car is lighter, why put on extra weight of large tires and brakes if you don't need them.

I'd rather see the GT500 retain the staggered setup but move slightly up if needed. A 285R19/305R20 or 285R18/305R19 (even better) to keep an aggressive rake. Let the GT350 use the box setup.

Edit: I'm glad the general public is aware of the rules associated with road racing. I'm even more excited that people are aware the Z28 is a dud... It still saddens me that Camaro5 hasn't discussed this critical topic yet... Or even mention it. I think new customers should be made aware that their $70,000 Camaro cannot be used as advertised.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I don't believe we will be seeing the GT500 again. And for all intents and purposes.. the Shelby's are nothing more than an SVT Cobra with Shelby badging licensed by Ford. So actually, I have a 2012 Cobra

MysticRob

Established Member
There is a lot of misdirection in these spy photo's... I outlined the false structure in red and highlighted some obvious changes.
Take note of the major changes to the door size and the very sporty fender flares that look a lot like the DBS.

1010166_584562251575544_210948205_n.jpg

3679_584562311575538_1449297773_n.jpg

The Aston DBS (J. May's favorite and personal ride along with the Boss LS). The flares are spot on...
Also, the DBS sports an integrated ducktail, is it possible the mule has this as well and it isn't just padding?

03dbscarbonblackreview2010opta.jpg

ADG-Aston-DBS-541.jpg

and now the C&D render

2015-ford-mustang-inline-1-photo-477977-s-original.jpg
2015mustang3.jpg
2015-ford-mustang-artists-rendering-photo-481618-s-787x481-625x1000.jpg

I am glad I waited for the new car.

I'll be very happy if the car looks similar to the C&D rendering. I do however think they have it quite a bit wider than the actual car. This pic clearly shows the front fender panel at least a couple inches smaller than the surrounding cover. The taillights also appear to be buried deep beneath the cover so the entire vehicle is much smaller than it used to be.
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2015-ford-mustang-spy-shots_100430280_l.jpg

I keep coming back to the fact that making it a 'world car' means it must be much smaller than 2005-2014s for European markets, plus I think all the talk from their head engineer is way too modest, and this thing is going to come in way lighter than anyone thinks just to meet future CAFE standards. :beer:

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You mean the ones where they use the same front for the GT and the V6?

��

Let me see if I understand you correctly, as Shelby owners wined and cried about this in 2012 when the 2013 released......

Now you're saying the car is crap because the V6 version shares the same styling. Damn, this illness IS contagious.

Users who are viewing this thread