2015 reviews are out

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So why did the other thread get closed.

BTW, called it. Slower than the outgoing model, EB4 not any faster than the current 6banger or a 3valve. :bored: But it does have a nice interior.

And it won't beat a boss 302 on a road course.

Don't see this going into my garage.

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I thought the drop at around 5300 rpm was tune related as well, but on another site someone was saying that it's because the turbo is too small. Can you comment on that?

The power would completely drop off if it was because of the turbo being small, not just have a hiccup.

hailstate94

Established Member
This

IMO, long gone are the days of the Mustang GT being for the just out of college kid or average Joe.

Heck yea I'm praying ill have enough for a 2011 5.0 when I get out of college in 2 yrs. And why pay 46k for a 2015 when you can get a 2014 for 28k out the door now

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Just read the Ecoboost article. Not seeing the raved reports about the cars. Nothing like when the Focus/Fiesta ST's were tested.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
What if Ford applies the weight reduction that they use on the 2015 F150 on the 2016 Mustang?
Hmmmmm........................

vergil

Established Member
It is not looking good so far for s550. Nobody is impressed, except some die-hard fans and vendors. This shouldn't be the 50th anniversary.

Rail1

Established Member
I just want to see the power numbers after a Kenne Bell LC supercharger is mounted on it.....

acrbill

Established Member
fuuuu 18 PSI. Not really leaving a ton of room for huge power leaps. Looking at all these reviews I just have to laugh that they felt the need to put the IRS in but made it weight more thus negating most of the advantage.

Voltwings

Established Member
Stock a6 3.7s go like 14.8 lol my girlfriends old a6 v6 wasn't running a 14.1 until it had an intake / tune / suspension and tires. The stock torque converters are lazy as hell, a standard will be in the 13's, comfortably, and that takes a gear swap in either a 3v or 3.7L. My gf was running 13.7 @ 102 after her 3.73s with the above mods. The EB still has a LOT left on the table. The 5.0 looks like .3 slower though... That is interesting. Let's see what future testing shows.

kino

Established Member
It is not looking good so far for s550. Nobody is impressed, except some die-hard fans and vendors. This shouldn't be the 50th anniversary.
I agree. I'm sure it's a nice car but Ford really didn't hit a home run with this and the reviews are showing it. Hopefully in a comparison test they can get the 60 ft down and this supposedly superior handling outshines the 1le. It'll look really bad if the mustang can't beat the current 1le. I sure hope the mustang wins but I'm feeling like it's 1994 again.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
It's going to be sad if the new Camaro comes out being lighter and having more HP. And it's a very good possibility..

Todd03Blown

Established Member
So why did the other thread get closed.

BTW, called it. Slower than the outgoing model, EB4 not any faster than the current 6banger or a 3valve. :bored: But it does have a nice interior.

And it won't beat a boss 302 on a road course.

Don't see this going into my garage.
LMAO!! You have the track times of this new 15 and a Boss? Please share.

It ran 12.8 @112.5mph..that is slower than the 14gt PP fully loaded? What will a stripper model run that is likely another 100 lbs lighter.

vergil

Established Member

It ran 12.8 @112.5mph..that is slower than the 14gt PP fully loaded? What will a stripper model run that is likely another 100 lbs lighter.

Do you really think that it will beat the boss?

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Honestly? Yes, I believe it will. The figure 8 test shows a noticeable difference in g forces. ..78 vs. .85. I think that will bode well for road course performance not to mention, the bigger brakes. That will certainly help with driving the car deeper in the turns and carry more speed. Hopefully I am right :)

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member

bingo. a stripper like my car will be just over 100lbs or MORE lighter and probably trap 1-2mph higher and ET better.

some of you guys are total morons.

Users who are viewing this thread