2015 Shelby GT350 Powertrain

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
This might be my next car, decently priced with present day ammenities. FINALLY

Can't think of anything at the moment I want to change besides wheels possibly. So we got the power, this might be a stretch, but what about... weight?

Good question.....I'm really hoping they'll come in at under 3600 lbs for base models.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Peak tq at 4,750... Eh... It's about what I was expecting. Though when I see it on paper, I'm glad I opted to go with the GT500 instead when I came to that decision a few months ago. Nothing wrong with it at all, and the GT350 is going to be sick. I just like the torqe. That's the main reason why I got rid of the EVO and the 135i. Amazing handling, but just no accelerating, give you a brain aneurysm, fun run.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Peak tq at 4,750... Eh... It's about what I was expecting. Though when I see it on paper, I'm glad I opted to go with the GT500 instead when I came to that decision a few months ago.

but 90 percent of it is available up to 7000 rpm....that should work

It will also be lighter than the Z28, better amenities and better looking....I can't wait to get one

SirShaun

Established Member
Im sorry, not to sound standoff-ish, but based on what?

The numbers aren't $50k impressive. The IRS is untested, no one knows the limits yet. Flat Plane V8 with that much displacement is untested, it was sketchy enough to make it work, how much horsepower will it hold up to and whats the reliability like? It's a lot of balancing going on to make it work as is. The lack of torque is only going to get worst as you mod.

I still would very much rather have a built Coyote or GT500, something that makes torque and horsepower guaranteed. Want it to rev higher? Throw some cams in it.

I'm more likely to go to a drag strip or get a street brawl in than go to a road course.

assasyn

Established Member
I'm happy with it. I'm at a point in my life where I want something with good power and reliability that I can get in and drive. Not in a modding stage and don't need 1000 HP

Lemers

Established Member
Can one of you technical geniuses explain in laymen's terms what you are seeing with these numbers.

I got it "more is better" but I know there is more to it. I see the GT is at 435 and 400 while the GT350 is at 526 and 429.

First thing I see is only 29 more torque. How good / bad is that?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
It says it's making 386+ torque from 3450-7000. So, it sounds to me like the power band is much broader. Its power also peaks at 7500, so it will still have 750RPM to go after peak. Hopefully, it will hold close to peak all the way to 8250. That would be a killer power curve.

Voltwings

Established Member
The numbers aren't $50k impressive. The IRS is untested, no one knows the limits yet. Flat Plane V8 with that much displacement is untested, it was sketchy enough to make it work, how much horsepower will it hold up to and whats the reliability like? It's a lot of balancing going on to make it work as is. The lack of torque is only going to get worst as you mod.

I still would very much rather have a built Coyote or GT500, something that makes torque and horsepower guaranteed. Want it to rev higher? Throw some cams in it.

I'm more likely to go to a drag strip or get a street brawl in than go to a road course.

The extensive use of Carbon fiber, The mag ride suspension, and the trick (massive) 2 piece rotors notwithstanding of course.

The IRS is also doing quite well at a few local tracks, totally stomping the S-197 cars.

Also, by definition, if HP goes up torque has to as well at a given RPM. HP = (Torque x rpm)/5252.

However, since your comment about more likely to be in a drag race than a road race, i can totally see why you would say this purpose built road race car is not worth it (to you)*.

Last edited:

EditorTurner

Established Member
Shelby GT350 Performance Specs.jpg
Here's a look at the dyno graph.

Users who are viewing this thread