2015 Shelby GT350 Production

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Shelby GT350 Production Featured.jpg
Rare Breed
Ford announces the 2015 Shelby GT350 and GT350R production numbers
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

It’s official, the first run of next-gen Shelby GT350 and GT350Rs will be produced in the 2015 model year. However, there will only be a limited run to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Shelby GT350.
Continue reading →

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There really needs to be another way to make a car such as this available to purchase.

jcalvert86

2015 GT350 Option Pricing (MSRP):
Tech Package = $7500.
Track Package = $6500.
Navigation = $795.
Painted Black Roof = $695.
Triple Yellow = $495.
Over the top stripes = $475.

2015 GT350-R Option Pricing (MSRP):
R Package (over base GT350) = $3500.
SVT Touring Package = $3,000.
Navigation = $795.
Base MSRP has not been announced yet, but should be very soon.

Lemers

Established Member
2015 GT350 Option Pricing (MSRP):
Tech Package = $7500.
Track Package = $6500.
Navigation = $795.
Triple Yellow = $495.

2015 GT350-R Option Pricing (MSRP):
R Package (over base GT350) = $3500.
SVT Touring Package = $3,000.
Navigation = $795.
Base MSRP has not been announced yet, but should be very soon.

Is this your guess? Or do you have a source?

I thought the Nav was part of the tech package and not stand alone.

10splaya22

Established Member
ADM like you have never seen in 5..4..3..

I don't really see what the big deal is. Most people weren't even expecting a 15 model and were looking toward a '16 anyways. I don't think the '16 production timeline will change too drastically with the introduction of the '15 models.

Lemers

Established Member
Was posted by a dealer on the other site.

Well if that dealer is right then...
With a base of $53k (estimated) and $8000 for tech plus nav; I'm looking at a $60k car.

On the other hand...

The 2016 Camaro with 435-450 hp, magride suspension, dual tone exhaust, weight around or below the GT and the price between $35 -$45k depending on options. I just may start looking at Chevy.

Lemers

Established Member
I don't really see what the big deal is. Most people weren't even expecting a 15 model and were looking toward a '16 anyways. I don't think the '16 production timeline will change too drastically with the introduction of the '15 models.

Well for dealers if they get a 2015 does that mean they used up one of their 2 years buying into the program?

For buyers, it means more shanagans from dealers who happen to get one of these cars.

jcalvert86

Well if that dealer is right then...
With a base of $53k (estimated) and $8000 for tech plus nav; I'm looking at a $60k car.

On the other hand...

The 2016 Camaro with 435-450 hp, magride suspension, dual tone exhaust, weight around or below the GT and the price between $35 -$45k depending on options. I just may start looking at Chevy.

1) Can't imagine the base will be that high considering the option pricing.
2) Good luck on the "base" camaro coming in at GT weight.

Lemers

Established Member

1) Can't imagine the base will be that high considering the option pricing.
2) Good luck on the "base" camaro coming in at GT weight.

Ford v Chevy, just get me the most car for the money

But it's already been announced that the next Camaro will loose 200 lbs. due to heavy use of Aluminium. That puts it on par weight wise with the mustang lineup.

Things can change and I'd like to see an actual production car with real numbers, but I am still waiting on final numbers for the GT350 too.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I thought the ss was 3850 lbs which is 150lbs more than the mustang gt. plus you can't see out of the gm plus it's gm. I don't see how you can compare the two. We still have not seen any performance numbers.

7500 for and it does not include nav?

csc427

Established Member
Not sure that those two particular cars would be cross-shopped. I can't imagine the performance level would be anywhere close to each other. The camaro at that price point would compete with a gt mustang, not a top tier gt350. We've already seen what camaro's top tier car costs, and it's not close to 45k. It's not definite that the next camaro will be a better bargain than the gt mustang, let alone the gt350.

Lemers

Established Member
I thought the ss was 3850 lbs which is 150lbs more than the mustang gt. plus you can't see out of the gm plus it's gm. I don't see how you can compare the two. We still have not seen any performance numbers.

7500 for and it does not include nav?

The next one is a redesign on a new platform and is said to loose 200 lbs. across all trims. That puts the SS around the same weight as the mustang GT.

GM addresses it's biggest problem, weight. I would hope GM addresses it's second biggest problem of visibility. Won't known until it available to drive.

Lemers

Established Member
Not sure that those two particular cars would be cross-shopped. I can't imagine the performance level would be anywhere close to each other. The camaro at that price point would compete with a gt mustang, not a top tier gt350. We've already seen what camaro's top tier car costs, and it's not close to 45k. It's not definite that the next camaro will be a better bargain than the gt mustang, let alone the gt350.

You would be surprised what people cross shop.

I have a personal limit of around $55k on my next car. The Gt350 may just have blown that. Can I afford $60k sure, but I'm not going to send it on one car.

So what else is out there under $55k?
corvette too much and only 2 seats
Z only 2 seats (had one loved it)
M4 too much
4 series very pricey compared to the pony cars
Challenger too heavy
Camaro wait until 2016 model

So, because of the lack of compatible cars in this range (without going used). I would compare a GT350 to the upcoming 2016 camaro for a car in my driveway. (Not on the track; Im pretty sure the GT350 wins that comparo)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
But it's already been announced that the next Camaro will loose 200 lbs. due to heavy use of Aluminium.

The next one is a redesign on a new platform and is said to loose 200 lbs. across all trims.

Who would buy a Camaro with loose and heavy chunks of aluminum or trim floating about. If that happened to me I would lose it!

Users who are viewing this thread