2016 GT350 Track Pack Recaro Impressions

bpmurr

Established Member
Got to checkout a 2016 GT350 Track Pack today at Koons Ford of Baltimore. Much to my disappointment the new Recaro seats are tighter in the hip area than the current GT Recaro seats. It feels really uncomfortable to me I don't think it would break in enough to be comfortable over time. My torso fits fine though. For reference I'm 6'4" 240 with a 38" waist. Looks like a Tech pack for me. Here are some pics. Oh and the exhaust sounds awesome!

Attachments

• 20151111_225954337_iOS.jpg
    20151111_225954337_iOS.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 3,424
  • 20151111_230008913_iOS.jpg
    20151111_230008913_iOS.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 3,400
  • 20151111_230026816_iOS.jpg
    20151111_230026816_iOS.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 20151111_225906992_iOS.jpg
    20151111_225906992_iOS.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 20151111_230041916_iOS.jpg
    20151111_230041916_iOS.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,225
Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Bought my GT500 from there, need to wait for them to get reasonable. What color is it? Not sure why I can't open/view the attachments.

Last edited:

purtstang

Established Member
Got to checkout a 2016 GT350 Track Pack today at Koons Ford of Baltimore. Much to my disappointment the new Recaro seats are tighter in the hip area than the current GT Recaro seats. It feels really uncomfortable to me I don't think it would break in enough to be comfortable over time. My torso fits fine though. For reference I'm 6'4" 240 with a 38" waist. Looks like a Tech pack for me. Here are some pics. Oh and the exhaust sounds awesome!

Sweet!! That's the exact car I built Avalanche grey with track package. However I'm
5,8 180pds so these seats should fit me perfectly.

bpmurr

Established Member
Sweet!! That's the exact car I built Avalanche grey with track package. However I'm
5,8 180pds so these seats should fit me perfectly.

Yeah you'll be just fine. I'm really surprised they went as aggressive as they did on the seat. Going to make it real uncomfortable for us big guys outside of a short trip.

purtstang

Established Member
Yeah you'll be just fine. I'm really surprised they went as aggressive as they did on the seat. Going to make it real uncomfortable for us big guys outside of a short trip.

wow there asking 15k over? I paid msrp for mine same exact car as that only I added the black roof. Crazy they can mark up over msrp. Have you ever tried stuffing into a Lamborghini or Ferrari? I imagine its like that they are built for small guys my size unfortunately.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
wow there asking 15k over? I paid msrp for mine same exact car as that only I added the black roof. Crazy they can mark up over msrp. Have you ever tried stuffing into a Lamborghini or Ferrari? I imagine its like that they are built for small guys my size unfortunately.

Dealers can ask whatever they want, but it doesn't mean they'll get it. Unfortunately their desire to cash in on the GT350 is because they'll sell you a GT cheaper than just about anyone in the US. Plus wholesalers are offering to buy at $9k over.

I actually fit better in a Lamborghini Huracan's seat.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dealers can ask whatever they want, but it doesn't mean they'll get it. Unfortunately their desire to cash in on the GT350 is because they'll sell you a GT cheaper than just about anyone in the US. Plus wholesalers are offering to buy at $9k over.

I actually fit better in a Lamborghini Huracan's seat.

I hate the ADM game as well...but dealers are getting them on this car.

Dealers are selling to other dealers for $10k over.

It blows my mind, because I'm not nearly as excited about this car as I was the 13/14's. I wish I would've kept my 2014.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

It blows my mind, because I'm not nearly as excited about this car as I was the 13/14's. I wish I would've kept my 2014.

I'll sell you mine for $100,000.:coolman:

I just fit into my recaros. At 6'3 265 there's probably no way I'd order the 350 with them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll sell you mine for $100,000.:coolman:

I just fit into my recaros. At 6'3 265 there's probably no way I'd order the 350 with them.
I'm in! I'll buy yours for $100k if you buy my GT500 for $125k.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I think this is pretty applicable (generally) across the board. While some people are very excited about the GT350, there does not seem to be nearly the hysteria that there was when Ford announced a 662 hp GT500 a few years ago. I 'think' this is because far, far more people will use 662 hp than will use the track hardware this car has. I don't expect to see many (if any?) on track for quite some time even though several thousand will be sold in '15/'16.
S.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I am pretty close to your size, a couple inches shorter but same waist and I thought the seats fit perfectly.

Granted that was a marketing car so there had been plenty of people in that seat so it would be pretty well broken in. My recaros in the Focus opened up a lot more than I thought they would.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member

Agree was under the same impression granted your getting one which i was planning on too. I had a 13 Shelby myself along with a slew of other vehicles to compare too, after having that much power of the Shelby one would think the gt350 should feel pretty weak on power down low.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agree was under the same impression granted your getting one which i was planning on too. I had a 13 Shelby myself along with a slew of other vehicles to compare too, after having that much power of the Shelby one would think the gt350 should feel pretty weak on power down low.
I don't think it'll feel weak. The power band will obviously be different...

I'm just kinda blah about it. I truthfully regret selling my 14.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
ADM on these reminds me of when I was searching for my Boss. I refused to pay one and kept looking and found one for MSRP about an hour and a half away (first dealer allocation). Wonder if any GT350 dealers anywhere will back off?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I don't think it'll feel weak. The power band will obviously be different...

I'm just kinda blah about it. I truthfully regret selling my 14.

Loved the power of the Shelby and i didn't even mod it when i had it, personally i didn't like the way it drove overall do to the solid axle was extremely excited about the IRS in the new mustang just wanted a blower since i like that type of power.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Loved the power of the Shelby and i didn't even mod it when i had it, personally i didn't like the way it drove overall do to the solid axle was extremely excited about the IRS in the new mustang just wanted a blower since i like that type of power.
Difference in taste I guess. I'd prefer a solid axle.

bpmurr

Established Member
The 50th Anniversary Mustang didn't help things. Those solid $5k to $10k over sticker regularly. The wholesale market thinks they can offer dealers ADM and still turn it for a nice profit on the secondary market. Same with some dealers willing to buy from other dealers over MSRP. Once that cools off and I expect it will quickly on the regular GT350 trims, we'll see MSRP or less on the regular. The R is going to still be an ADM car at a lot of places because of it's very limited production.

Users who are viewing this thread