2016 GT350 Track Pack Recaro Impressions

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Wonder if any GT350 dealers anywhere will back off?

Not so long as people are willingly paying ADMs for them. And if dealers really are paying ADMs to each other, that pretty much makes it impossible that anybody will get one at MSRP (or less) because the dealers are not going to take a loss on it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not so long as people are willingly paying ADMs for them. And if dealers really are paying ADMs to each other, that pretty much makes it impossible that anybody will get one at MSRP (or less) because the dealers are not going to take a loss on it.
I sold 4 of mine at MSRP.

I priced the one I ordered for myself at $10k over to a locator service yesterday.

Face76

Established Member
Track Pack seats are tight and I will probably to replace the driver's seat. Love everything else about the car.

bpmurr

Established Member
Track Pack seats are tight and I will probably to replace the driver's seat. Love everything else about the car.

Yeah I don't see them breaking in enough to be comfortable over time. Where does it bother you? Lower, upper, or both?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I always thought the last few iterations of the Recaros were pretty damn tight in the kidney area. I'm a 34 waist and had Corbeau A4's in my Mustang a while back and thought the lower back width was perfect. The more recent GT500 and S550 Recaros I've sat it squeezed my sides too much for DD comfort.

RusWolf

Established Member
I drove from NYC to koons baltimore ford to get my fusion! Crazy deal they gave me on a new car.
and i think the sales guy told me they do not ADM SVT cars and usually just sell them at MSRP.

Is that true for this shelby as well?

crazyfish

Established Member
I always thought the last few iterations of the Recaros were pretty damn tight in the kidney area. I'm a 34 waist and had Corbeau A4's in my Mustang a while back and thought the lower back width was perfect. The more recent GT500 and S550 Recaros I've sat it squeezed my sides too much for DD comfort.

I just ordered a base GT350 that will come with the new Recaros. I sat in one of the 15' Roush cars with Recaros and it was definitely a bit tighter than my 14 Mustang GT Track Car. Just looking for feedback. I am also a big guy at 6'1" and 300lbs. For some reason I fit almost perfect in my 14 Mustang with Recaros and the new Recaros seemed tighter but won't the fabric loosen up? My fear? I ordered the base car since I could not get an R. I figure the suspension should be pretty good out of the box and what I hear is 2 years on the 350 and the motor. I guess cost run ups are an issue but at $50-60k this car has a TON of tech in it for the price.

I just hope it matches my excitement when I drive my 2014 Mustang Track Car. This is one of the limited build cars with a 5.0 V8 but it sure doesn't run like any Coyote I have seen or anyone has. This motor revs through the roof, sounds incredible, rubber in all 6 gears and just doesn't stop. Also this car came from Ford with the Track Key option loaded from the factory in the traction control settings and key fob. I asked a few people if Ford has ever put any weird motors in vehicles by mistake. I have been told YES and maybe this motor is a precursor to the Voodoo? everyone I take for a ride can't believe this is a Mustang let alone a stock car. Motor seemed to flip a switch at about 1000 miles where it went from docile and quiet to noisy, raucous, shrieking like and powerful? Jeckyl and Hyde. This car loves to run over 6000 rpm all day long. Any feedback on this car. I own it and really do not want to get rid of it because it is unique and quite exhilarating to drive.

bpmurr

Established Member
I drove from NYC to koons baltimore ford to get my fusion! Crazy deal they gave me on a new car.
and i think the sales guy told me they do not ADM SVT cars and usually just sell them at MSRP.

Is that true for this shelby as well?

They used to. They're asking $15k over sticker for the GT350 they have now. Their excuse is the crazy deals they give on regular cars and razor thin margins. It's nice to cash in when they can. I don't agree with it, but understand their perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread