2016 GT350 will be unveiled in September

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
After all the talk about the mustang being lighter and smaller being completely false, I'm not believing a single thing on the internet or this forum unless it comes straight from a Ford press release.

That being said, Ford has been annoyingly secret about the entire new mustang platform. Almost to the point of being like Apple. "Our customers don't need to know any specs of our products, they'll just buy it because they always follow us blindly"

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
That being said, Ford has been annoyingly secret about the entire new mustang platform. Almost to the point of being like Apple. "Our customers don't need to know any specs of our products, they'll just buy it because they always follow us blindly"

Um, no.

The minute the public can go actually buy the car, everything there is to know about the car is available. What, you want press releases as cars are developed in a hyper-competitive industry?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
It's really pretty amazing the sheer quantity of wildly incorrect info that's been around about this car being presented as near-certain fact.

I look forward to seeing the reveal of the new 5.8L, 750 hp, Trinity-powered, 3300 lb, Miata-sized 2015 GT500 at the September 19th event! :banana:

and it gets 30mpg

dragonknight

really tired of seeing ford put all their time and resources in 1 car! just build us a damn 2 seater sport car and be done with it. the mustang will never be a world beater never has never will be, nor will it be a corvette competitor. sickens the hell out of me. just saying.

I delivered chemicals and paints to DuPont chemical plant here in Delaware some kind of metallic dark yellow and a metallic maroon pigment batches destined for ford development.
it was 320 gallons for "special testing only" I know the shipper had it destined for Michigan and then to somewhere else.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
really tired of seeing ford put all their time and resources in 1 car! just build us a damn 2 seater sport car and be done with it. the mustang will never be a world beater never has never will be, nor will it be a corvette competitor. sickens the hell out of me. just saying.

While I agree with you they should build a 2 seater...

Your post makes no sense. From a business sense, and remember Ford is in business- the mustang is a legendary car that is EXTREMELY profitable for ford. Hence why they put SOME not all of their time and resources into it.

A 2 seat sports car is for an extremely niche market- and usually isn't a profitable proposition.

Remember family's can fit in a mustang. They can't fit in a corvette.

dragonknight

While I agree with you they should build a 2 seater...

Your post makes no sense. From a business sense, and remember Ford is in business- the mustang is a legendary car that is EXTREMELY profitable for ford. Hence why they put SOME not all of their time and resources into it.

A 2 seat sports car is for an extremely niche market- and usually isn't a profitable proposition.

Remember family's can fit in a mustang. They can't fit in a corvette.

I can understand your argument on this but what you said would have to be applied to the vette and viper. does GM lose their ass on vette? does dodge lose their ass on the viper?
the mustang is only so called legendary because that's the only V8 two door car ford offers did you ever think of that bud?
what ever ford makes they will sell it. and I don't fit in the back of a mustang and im only 6 foot. and when I wrote sport car I wasn't reffering to a GT40 no no because ford would have a 6 difit price tag on it. that's why it wont sell that well although the GT 9 years ago did better than what ford had anticipated it to do.
im talking something about a corvette type car both the vette and GT are in different classes yet ford wont push the boundaries like they used to do with auto sports I don't want a mustang and I don't like how ford is pushing that onto people.
theres nothing wrong nor would it hurt ford to build a sport car like the vette after all the original t-bird was a personal sport's car to challenge the vette before the big bird of course, it did it quite ell sells outnumbered the vette 5 to 1 and the bird also out ran the vette.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Dodge is currently losing money on the viper.

The vette has been around for 50 years, just like the mustang. It's a niche market. That's why they make money on it.

For you to say "really tired of seeing ford put all their time and resources into 1 car, build a 2 seat car and be done with it" I'm sorry, but it comes off as ignorant, as it's quite obvious you only want a 2 seat sports car for your own needs.

You really have to think of the business side of things. Yes- I want one two. But it doesn't make sense

As for your comment about the t-bird...the car was a 4seater. Also, the t-bird outsold the vette before the mustang existed. Probably because it existed 1st.

So your argument doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense. History doesn't always predict the future- especially with this type of car.

Not to get on a high horse...but I have a bit more insight into these things that your general consumer- so I'm basing most of my argument and post on facts, not emotion.

Last edited:

dragonknight

Dodge is currently losing money on the viper.

The vette has been around for 50 years, just like the mustang. It's a niche market. That's why they make money on it.

For you to say "really tired of seeing ford put all their time and resources into 1 car, build a 2 seat car and be done with it" I'm sorry, but it comes off as ignorant, as it's quite obvious you only want a 2 seat sports car for your own needs.

You really have to think of the business side of things. Yes- I want one two. But it doesn't make sense
the t-bird was around for so many years yet ford killed it off.
the raptor is and will always be a niche market yet they sell the hell out of that truck now there is talks about ford killing the raptor off and returning the bronco is it true I don't know.
there was no market for the raptor yet ford ceased the moment and made the market exist. GM is designing a raptor competitor btw.
and how is my comment ignorant? so you have a problem with what I want? and what others would want? the mustang does not fit my need's nor will it ever fit my needs, why the hell should I buy mustang to have a quick car? why cant ford give its buyers options? like every one else?
if you don't make the market exist for something there will be no losses or no gains because there will not be the market to exist.
if ford built and mass produced a vette competitor that car would sell astronomically. would be a nice profit margin for ford. you make niche markets you make people want to \buy your product if they see it will benefit them they will buy it
the mustang is just not for me that's why I run a crown vic and a Camaro.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
the t-bird was around for so many years yet ford killed it off.
the raptor is and will always be a niche market yet they sell the hell out of that truck now there is talks about ford killing the raptor off and returning the bronco is it true I don't know.
there was no market for the raptor yet ford ceased the moment and made the market exist. GM is designing a raptor competitor btw.
and how is my comment ignorant? so you have a problem with what I want? and what others would want? the mustang does not fit my need's nor will it ever fit my needs, why the hell should I buy mustang to have a quick car? why cant ford give its buyers options? like every one else?
if you don't make the market exist for something there will be no losses or no gains because there will not be the market to exist.
if ford built and mass produced a vette competitor that car would sell astronomically. would be a nice profit margin for ford. you make niche markets you make people want to \buy your product if they see it will benefit them they will buy it
the mustang is just not for me that's why I run a crown vic and a Camaro.

I'll answer each rambling individually

1- the third was killed because there was no longer a market for it... Just like many other cars that no longer made business sense. Other cars did what it used to do better, more efficiently, and we're more appealing
2- the raptor is a niche- yep- but it's a modified f150- the best selling vehicle in America- do you know how much Profit is in an f150 for ford. You can't compare a raptor to a 2seat sports car. It's already on an existing truck, add some suspension and body bits and you have another profit center. Not a new platform
3- your ignorance lies in the fact that you just randomly started rambling about something you want, because you want it, in a thread that had nothing to do with what you're talking about. There is no business case for the vehicle that you want, and a price point that would make sense. If Ford comes back out with a 2 seat sports car, it's going to be expensive an limited run- why? Because they can only make money on other type of vehicle if it's $100k+. Why? Cause that's what the market bears

Your other points I don't even know what to say to. But you definitely made my point with "the mustang is not for me" you should probably buy a vette then, as you already own a camaro, why not take the next step?

Point is- what you're asking for doesn't make any business sense for ford. And the arguments you've come up with is weak at best

For the 3rd time, I want the same thing you want. A 2 seat sports car from Ford- but I know I'll be waiting a while

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It really sounds like you should be looking at dodges and GM products then, as obviously Fords products just suck compared to the cars that you like.

I think Ford should hire you as a consultant though, I mean, they aren't the most profitable, and best ran company out of the Detroit 3 or anything. So your suggestions might actually help them!

:bash:

Have you completely missed the last 7 or 8 years?

dragonknight

hhahhahaah I never said ford products sucked although they look horrible. besides the trucks.
actually I would love to work for ford. this gay hexagonal grille shit would be done with.
and copying other car makers to design new cars would stop. oops the mustang is a cut copy paste car admitted by ford. just saying. there's no way around my comment above. why should I a ford guy be limited to just one car? yet GM and dodge has options.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
hhahhahaah I never said ford products sucked although they look horrible. besides the trucks.
actually I would love to work for ford. this gay hexagonal grille shit would be done with.
and copying other car makers to design new cars would stop. oops the mustang is a cut copy paste car admitted by ford. just saying. there's no way around my comment above. why should I a ford guy be limited to just one car? yet GM and dodge has options.

Sorry, this is way off topic. Are you posting via a cell phone? I'm more than a bit too distracted by capitalization, syntax, and punctuation errors to hear your real argument. Is there a point coming in the future?

steeltoe

Established Member
The Fox Sports 1 announcer said nothing about the street car. He was only talking about the race car and then the magazines took post from 6g as fact.

dragonknight

Sorry, this is way off topic. Are you posting via a cell phone? I'm more than a bit too distracted by capitalization, syntax, and punctuation errors to hear your real argument. Is there a point coming in the future?

why the hell are you worried about punctuation? instead write a reply to my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread