2016 gt500

dr.atsal

Established Member
Yeah...I highly doubt this. I thought the Shelby contract with Ford was up...2014 was the last year of production. Now Ford is suppose to make the GT350...so I am a little confused as to why they would report a 2016 Shelby GT500.

-Doc

O'Neill

Established Member
I thought the GT500 was coming to an end, only to be replaced by the GT350?? I guess thats rumors for ya.

TorchMach

Established Member
I would hope they stopped with the Shelby already and bring back the SVT Cobra...IRS, 662hp, better brakes and you got yourself a customer.

They really need better brakes though, the current ones fade FAST after repeated punishment.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would hope they stopped with the Shelby already and bring back the SVT Cobra...IRS, 662hp, better brakes and you got yourself a customer.

They really need better brakes though, the current ones fade FAST after repeated punishment.

You know this how? I believe Van put in different brake fluid and flogged it with no fade at Homestead I believe.

TorchMach

Established Member
You know this how? I believe Van put in different brake fluid and flogged it with no fade at Homestead I believe.

I had a 07 and consistently had fade after heavy breaking...I would feel the pedal get soft after repeated hard breaking and just had to push harder. I'm not professional though. Just what I felt could be improved.

I never tried changing the fluid, might have helped.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I find it demeaning to refer to the flagship as the GT350. I can't see Ford doing that.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
whatever it is… it won't be a Shelby…

3shelbyx-large.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I had a 07 and consistently had fade after heavy breaking...I would feel the pedal get soft after repeated hard breaking and just had to push harder. I'm not professional though. Just what I felt could be improved.

I never tried changing the fluid, might have helped.

Van was driving his new 13 with the new brake fluid. The stock fluid would get hot and brakes would fade on the 13.

fangstang

Established Member
The new SVT needs big boy brakes this time around. I want to see 6 and 4 piston Brembo calipers F&R, and 2 piece Brembo rotors.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I find hilarious when people assume things they read in a magazine, every manual tells you to switch the brake fluid to a higher temp when tracking the car. I tracked mine at homestead with just a fluid change and the car was just fine.

The contract for the shelby name is good thru 2016 FYI

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I find hilarious when people assume things they read in a magazine, every manual tells you to switch the brake fluid to a higher temp when tracking the car. I tracked mine at homestead with just a fluid change and the car was just fine.

The contract for the shelby name is good thru 2016 FYI[/QUOTE

I always find it funny that people who have never driven a 13-14 gt500 are so called experts on all aspects of the car.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Other visible bits include high-backed racing-style seats with fixed head restraints, a cue-ball shift knob for the standard manual transmission, and a no-frills audio system.

that doesnt sound like a gt500 to me. sounds more like a boss/svo/bullitt. or maybe I'm just hoping again.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I always find it funny that people who have never driven a 13-14 gt500 are so called experts on all aspects of the car.
I think Devious is selling his 10k mile '13 GT500, that he got new. :shrug:

Weight reduction, better tires and an auto = domination.
I'm a manual fan myself, but after seeing countless threads on the 5.0s and their strong autos, I would get an auto, IF I was into drag racing.

Users who are viewing this thread