2016 mustang dash rattle?

jdcobra

Established Member
Does anyone with a 2016 notice any of the interior quality control issues that the '15 had?

Branhammer

Established Member
I bought a 2015 that was built later in the year (June 1st) and I don't have any dash rattle. I'm willing to bet it's only the earlier-built 2015's that have that problem, so the 2016's are probably fine.

jdcobra

Established Member
I bought a 2015 that was built later in the year (June 1st) and I don't have any dash rattle. I'm willing to bet it's only the earlier-built 2015's that have that problem.

I wonder what they did to fix it though? I've had my whole dash replaced and supposedly there is no fix

Branhammer

Established Member
I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just lucky. I DO, however, have the issue where the hood shakes when at freeway speeds, which is pretty annoying.

clean92lx

Established Member
I have a 2016 GT, just bought it two weeks ago and I have the annoying ass dash rattle. If I put my hand on it the rattle stops, seems like ford should easily be able to find a fix for this

thehunterooo

Established Member
I have a 2016 GT, just bought it two weeks ago and I have the annoying ass dash rattle. If I put my hand on it the rattle stops, seems like ford should easily be able to find a fix for this

Yeah I wish they put more foam in, too much plastic on plastic action. I drive on some pretty bad roads and my dash rattles quite a bit. The drone from my exhaust also rattles my dash within a 600~ rpm range.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yeah I wish they put more foam in, too much plastic on plastic action. I drive on some pretty bad roads and my dash rattles quite a bit. The drone from my exhaust also rattles my dash within a 600~ rpm range.

Aftermarket exhaust can certainly exacerbate the situation.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have a 16' now and don't have any dash rattle, but do have the hood shake issue mentioned above.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Aftermarket exhaust can certainly exacerbate the situation.

Yeah it does not help at all haha. The roads I take to work are REALLY bad though so I can't really complain when it rattles as it is not the car's fault On a nicer road though no rattles at all though even from the exhaust.

Still wish foam was added in on all dashes, too much plastic touching which causes these issues. I wonder how much it costs the dealers and such every time someone brings a new car in under warranty for dash rattles and such. I know these car makers find this stuff in testing and let it go through anyways. Couldn't be too much money to add a bit of foam to the problem areas. Better than a sound tube.......

jdcobra

Established Member
Yea I'm taking it apart this weekend and making sure I add some strips of foam from my local hardware store. Even on a smooth road it does it.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Also where exactly are the rattles coming from? The rings around the vents rattle, along with the gauge cluster (my 14 also shook at the gauge cluster as well). The front trim piece seems to shake a bit as well.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My glove box rattled a bit this morning. Think I'll pick up some felt tape from the hobby shop and do a little work next week.

jdcobra

Established Member
Mid dash plastic piece, plastic piece by the window, somewhere above the glovebox, and around the passenger side seat belt area. Oh, and sometimes from where the rearview mirror is connected to the windshield.

josephcostello

Established Member
The mid piece by the center air vents (air vents and vaccum/oil pressure gage on perf. pack) sometimes creakes. Annoys the f*** out of me but oh well. Luckily no other rattles.

jdcobra

Established Member
The mid piece by the center air vents (air vents and vaccum/oil pressure gage on perf. pack) sometimes creakes. Annoys the f*** out of me but oh well. Luckily no other rattles.

Lucky that's the easiest one to fix. I contacted Ford again to see if they wanted to try to do anything again before I went in and added some foam strips from the local hardware store.

Users who are viewing this thread