2016 mustang dash rattle?

hand-filer

Established Member
A well engineered and assembled car should not have any rattles irrespective of the road conditions.

Lwnslw

Established Member
Does anyone with a 2016 notice any of the interior quality control issues that the '15 had?

I bought a 2016 PPGT on 2/18 and have driven only 300 miles so far...I have a vibration type noise by the glove box. Also, a friend of mine bought one as well a week prior to me and he has the same noise..Both our GT's were built in December 2015.
Hood also "bounces" a little at high way speeds...

Other than those issues, I am satisfied so far with my purchase..

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I have a rattle in the rear passenger side interior panel. I haven't bothered to take it in yet. But no rattles from the dash (late July build, base ecoboost)

GriffithUSAF

Established Member
Mine doesn't do it often, but it's certainly there. It comes from directly in front of me, where the "leather" deck hangs over the gauge cluster. If you push down on it, you can hear it squeak. I just turn my music up usually :rockon:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Anyone able to locate/fix it? I have 250 miles on mine that I got Saturday and it started today. Sounds like somewhere in the center console/dash, but I wasn't able to pinpoint it. I'd already found a couple other little QC things with my particular car (that I have already resolved), so I wasn't real surprised when this happened but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'll add myself to the list. 6/16 build date. My glove box does have a slight buzzing rattle to it. Currently at 350 miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dosia

I have a 2016 perf pack and mine is beginning to rattle at 10k. Somewhere on the drivers side. It is pretty annoying.

jdcobra

Established Member
I have a 2016 perf pack and mine is beginning to rattle at 10k. Somewhere on the drivers side. It is pretty annoying.

Yours may be the headlight adjustment knob. That's been known to rattle on the drivers side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
My 2015 started to rattle at 1k miles. The GT350 I test drove rattled with only 3 miles on it.

Ford: Quality is Job 1

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
My 2015 started to rattle at 1k miles. The GT350 I test drove rattled with only 3 miles on it.

Ford: Quality is Job 1
They had to save money somewhere, they just picked a very bad place. It's bad enough they still give us a prop rod and heated/cooled seats with a manual seat back.

Funny enough my glove box has shut up lately, seems to come and go

jdcobra

Established Member
They had to save money somewhere, they just picked a very bad place. It's bad enough they still give us a prop rod and heated/cooled seats with a manual seat back.

Funny enough my glove box has shut up lately, seems to come and go

Hell, they could have not cut costs and still made money for the price they sell these cars for.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I bought a 27k mile used 2015 GT a little over a month ago. I haven't noticed any interior rattles in the car, but I switch back and forth from the mustang to a jeep wrangler. I'll have to listen this afternoon to see if I can hear anything.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Off topic a bit but I have a rattle towards the back of the car (due to the loud exhaust I have). I can not figure out what is rattling/shaking back there, when I give it gas it just rattles something back there. I have taken out the back seat and belts, but nothing I came across while taking all that out is the problem. I am going look around in the trunk next. Anyone else have this issue?

jdcobra

Established Member
Off topic a bit but I have a rattle towards the back of the car (due to the loud exhaust I have). I can not figure out what is rattling/shaking back there, when I give it gas it just rattles something back there. I have taken out the back seat and belts, but nothing I came across while taking all that out is the problem. I am going look around in the trunk next. Anyone else have this issue?

May sound stupid but have you checked the hangar bolts recently?

Speedwagon

Established Member
I just bought a 2016 GT and noticed some rattle noises ... Then I noticed it was coming from my garage door opener ... Haha

thehunterooo

Established Member
May sound stupid but have you checked the hangar bolts recently?

Yeah I took a look at those a few days ago but this rattle it is coming from inside the car, I have started pulling everything apart again and it seems to be coming from the passenger side plasitcs, either the big piece or the piece that has the hook/side air bag. The other rattle I found was the tire inflator kit shaking apart lol

Other than that one my car seems to be solid. I just need to find that spot. The trunk lid insulation does not seem to make a difference as I took that off as well. I have pretty much gutted the back.

Users who are viewing this thread