2016 mustang dash rattle?

jdcobra

Established Member
Yeah I took a look at those a few days ago but this rattle it is coming from inside the car, I have started pulling everything apart again and it seems to be coming from the passenger side plasitcs, either the big piece or the piece that has the hook/side air bag. The other rattle I found was the tire inflator kit shaking apart lol

Other than that one my car seems to be solid. I just need to find that spot. The trunk lid insulation does not seem to make a difference as I took that off as well. I have pretty much gutted the back.

Oh ok. I thought you meant from the rear of the car. I have a rattle coming from the passenger side seatbelt area as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I accidentally ordered a 200ft 1/4" wide roll of felt tape about three years ago. I'm all set for any future issues with my '16

jdcobra

Established Member
I accidentally ordered a 200ft 1/4" wide roll of felt tape about three years ago. I'm all set for any future issues with my '16

Curious on how you accidentally order that much felt tape lol

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I ordered through my business and paid it back. In the mining industry, you can get about anything.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Oh ok. I thought you meant from the rear of the car. I have a rattle coming from the passenger side seatbelt area as well.

From what I can tell it is where the back plastic is at that covers the curtain airbag for the back side window. There are multiple pieces of plastic that make a lot contact with the metal body of the car. I am going to add some foam wrap and see what happens.

Ill get a pic up in the morning.

jdcobra

Established Member
From what I can tell it is where the back plastic is at that covers the curtain airbag for the back side window. There are multiple pieces of plastic that make a lot contact with the metal body of the car. I am going to add some foam wrap and see what happens.

Ill get a pic up in the morning.

thehunterooo

Established Member
IMG_8117.JPG

There are two spots that I think might be rattling, the piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of that window, and then the plastics where the side airbag is located. I think the panel covering the airbag section is also shaking possibly. Have to tear apart the other side. Other than that I can't find anything, but even with a bunch of foam wrapping I am still getting something rattling back there....

I also took out the trunk light, it is a piece of plastic sitting on the metal and is a bit loose but I don't know if that was one of things. Do not need it anyways, weight savings yo!

T-FAST

I have a 2 month old 16 GT that has a rattle coming from the driver side air vent. Fairly annoying, I will fix it one of these days. I also get some rattles from the plastic around the rear seat every once in a while.

I am coming from a Subaru STI, so the mustang is like a buddhist monastery in comparison.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have a 2 month old 16 GT that has a rattle coming from the driver side air vent. Fairly annoying, I will fix it one of these days. I also get some rattles from the plastic around the rear seat every once in a while.

I am coming from a Subaru STI, so the mustang is like a buddhist monastery in comparison.

That's where mine is coming from also. Drivers side vent. Found it yesterday. It only does it sometimes, and if I touch the vent it stops.

thehunterooo

Established Member
View attachment 71388

There are two spots that I think might be rattling, the piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of that window, and then the plastics where the side airbag is located. I think the panel covering the airbag section is also shaking possibly. Have to tear apart the other side. Other than that I can't find anything, but even with a bunch of foam wrapping I am still getting something rattling back there....

I also took out the trunk light, it is a piece of plastic sitting on the metal and is a bit loose but I don't know if that was one of things. Do not need it anyways, weight savings yo!

So after much trial and error I found what I think is shaking in the back. The plastic that runs above the airbag that holds the plastic trim via clips seems to not be very tight from the factory, stuffing foam in there should stop it. There is also a loose piece it seems on the plastic itself where the trim panel clips on to it and where the plastic wire comes out to connect to the trim panel. Stuffing foam between the panel at that spot seems to work so far. I broke a clip on the other side and this side is scratched up so I need to order new trim pieces now.

If you have rattles from the back check there first.

Users who are viewing this thread