2016 Shelby GT350 - Hands on Review + Exhaust Video

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not a bad look at the upcoming GT350 Mustang.

[video=youtube;68Z3JHc-wNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Z3JHc-wNM[/video]

SCalla1384

Established Member
Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know, since the 350 is a track oriented car, does it have that auto rev match? I use go think that was so lame, but for the purpose of road course racing, I see it verrrry beneficial.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
So does this mean the dealers know how many they're getting?

Lemers

Established Member
My dealer told me how many they were getting. But they are waiting on pricing and this dealer actually lotteries the right to buy their allocations.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am not even gonna get excited since I will be waiting till late 2016, screw that 2015 limited run crap.

I already see some mods I would immediately do.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Only 137 2015 models, eh? Hmm... The price gouging will be absolutely vicious on those cars!! And you know what that means. The only people paying the asking price for those will be collectors and the cars will never again see the light of day, especially not those 37 R cars.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, I don't think that intake represents the actual production 5.2 intake. Also, notice that hood blanket and how small it is.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
just like its always been, wait a while and the adms will disapear like magic! but if u have to have a 2015 get ready for it. these cars will depreciate like everythihg else

onefastmf

Established Member
I don't get why everyone thinks it sounds so bad ass!! Sounds like total ass to me! Sounds Like it's under water or something. Sorry

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I don't get why everyone thinks it sounds so bad ass!! Sounds like total ass to me! Sounds Like it's under water or something. Sorry

It won't be for everyone, but I'd reserve final judgement until hearing it in person. Exhaust sound clips and videos hardly ever sound right.

olaosunt

Established Member
I agree.
I have listened over and over again and really don't care for it either(and I really wanted to).
Nothing close to my 2011 GT500 with headers.
One of the reasons I finally decided to skip it-just going to TT the premium/recaro/auto MAS said to order a car then switch .
That car has already been delivered and just waiting for me to get home.
I may be reconsider for 2016 if I like it when I hear it in person but my gut tells me to hold out for a GT500 .
I would rather have a 1/4 mile beast as I have no plans to get into another even more expensive "hobby" road racing.

If I am going to be spending 50-60 K on a Mustang I would like to keep it as close to stock as possible and keep warranty- ala 2013-14 GT 500.
Hoping for at least a 5.2L,700HP,tons of low end torque.and be able to run a high 10's off the show room floor with a manual transmission.if it has modern automatic may even consider that but would prefer a magnum like Tremec.
Now I would get rid of my 12 for that.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Not everyone thinks it sounds bad ass. And to be honest, I don't think any Mustang person honestly thinks it sounds bad ass. It's the next new thing, so they're jumping all-in on the bandwagon. I love the car and fully intend on getting one, but I don't like the way it sounds recently at all. It sounds good in the Nurburgring videos and that one video where it has the baffles closed. In the latest videos, it's reminiscent of the old '93 Camaro Z/28 with its obnoxious exhaust note. Hopefully Ford will do like Chevy did with the Corvette and have the baffles closed until 4K+ RPM because it sounds like ass at low RPM.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Honestly, at low RPM, it sounds a lot like a Coyote with resonator and muffler delete pipes. It may get gross sounding with the cats removed or some other exhaust change. I've been extremely careful about my exhaust choices on my car for that very reason.

Users who are viewing this thread