2016 Shelby GT350R ‘Hot’ Laps Video

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350R 'Hot' Laps Featured.jpg
Hot-Blooded Laps
NASCAR’s Greg Biffle gives Foreigner’s Kelly Hansen a ride in the GT350R
By Steve Turner

Though you have to pony up for the optional Electronics Package to get an audio system in the Shelby GT350R, fast cars and music go hand in hand. In a new promotional video, the two worlds collide as a professional singer rocks out while a professional driver wheels the latest R-model Shelby around a track.
Continue reading →

bpmurr

Established Member
Doesn't look like Greg is actually driving the car hard, but GT350 video is always appreciated!

az20115.0

Established Member
yet another worthless "hot lap" video with zero information.. why won't Ford just let people actually test these things?

Para81

Established Member
Really Man? Did you sign on to this forum just to insult?

He probably got tired of all the GT3, BMW and Ferrari forums praising the GT350 and lining up to buy one. He figured he would just start trolling a Ford forum because none of his buddies agree with him that the Vette is better i'm sure.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The only ride along video I want to see at this point is ME riding along.... Or better yet me driving. After the first few they are all the same...

BlownAway03

Established Member
Or he's trying to figure out how a mustang is as fast as a corvette for less money?

We don't know how fast it is since there are still no freaking reviews. All I know is what some Ford guy has claimed. At about 3800 lbs and less torque, I'm skeptical of a non-R GT350 (the one that's cheaper) being faster than a Z51 around a track. I've been wrong before.........but it's rare. Remember not so long ago, everyone believed the 2015 cars were gonna be lighter than S197's. We know how that turned out. If you've seen proof that the car is faster, as you claim, link here please.

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
...I'm skeptical of a non-R GT350 (the one that's cheaper) being faster than a Z51 around a track. I've been wrong before.........but it's rare.
Well I spent two days in a Z51 last year at a Ron Fellows Level 3 driving school and didn't think it was any faster than my Boss 302 with sticky tires. It was easier to drive at the limits. I've also driven a couple of others on track. I've had no problem dispatching them on track in my Boss either. I've also driven a GT350 track pack and ridden in a track pack and R cars all at Laguna Seca. As rare as it's going to be you'll be wrong on this one.:beer:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Well I spent two days in a Z51 last year at a Ron Fellows Level 3 driving school and didn't think it was any faster than my Boss 302 with sticky tires. It was easier to drive at the limits. I've also driven a couple of others on track. I've had no problem dispatching them on track in my Boss either. I've also driven a GT350 track pack and ridden in a track pack and R cars all at Laguna Seca. As rare as it's going to be you'll be wrong on this one.:beer:

We shall see. It's rare, not impossible.But in the case of a C7Z51 vs. a GT350 track pack, I'm betting on the Vette. Published lap times favor the Vette by a good margin over the Boss LS also , Unless I'm overlooking something.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
We shall see. It's rare, not impossible.But in the case of a C7Z51 vs. a GT350 track pack, I'm betting on the Vette. Published lap times favor the Vette by a good margin over the Boss LS also , Unless I'm overlooking something.

Let me know when the Vette hits low 1:30's at Laguna Seca.

Para81

Established Member

Agreed considering the Shelby GT350R is in 991 GT3 territory. I think the Stingray will be a good challenge to the non R version but there is a reason Jay Leno recently dubbed the Shelby "America's Exotic".

BlownAway03

Established Member
Let me know when the Vette hits low 1:30's at Laguna Seca.

Let me know when a non-R GT350 does it. Everything about this car is here say. I think the Z51 ran it in 1:38. Google Laguna Seca lap time list. If the Track Pack 350 can hang with the 10 cars (3 of which are Corvette variants) that have ran in the low 1:30's (by that, I mean below 1:35) I'll bend over and kiss my own arse, then post pics here. Let's wait for the facts, gentlemen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread