2016 Shelby GT350R ‘Hot’ Laps Video

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Let me know when a non-R GT350 does it. Everything about this car is here say. I think the Z51 ran it in 1:38. Google Laguna Seca lap time list. If the Track Pack 350 can hang with the 10 cars (3 of which are Corvette variants) that have ran in the low 1:30's (by that, I mean below 1:35) I'll bend over and kiss my own arse, then post pics here. Let's wait for the facts, gentlemen.

Wow. You want the track pack to be 3 sec faster on a short course than your car before you give it credit?
Ford tested the TP to run within a tenth of a second of the z51 at Graton which to say is it runs the same pace at a lower price point. The R is faster running the same pace as the 991 GT3. Yet you can't stop talking about the vette since you own one!

BlownAway03

Established Member
Wow. You want the track pack to be 3 sec faster on a short course than your car before you give it credit?
Ford tested the TP to run within a tenth of a second of the z51 at Graton which to say is it runs the same pace at a lower price point. The R is faster running the same pace as the 991 GT3. Yet you can't stop talking about the vette since you own one!

You never read prior posts, do you? Look at post 17. My response was for him. He says "let me know when the Vette runs in the low 1:30's." I respond in essence saying I don't even believe a non-R GT350 will run that, given the list of cars that have done it. I have no problem giving any car credit. I'm a car guy, not a Corvette guy, Mustang guy, Viper guy, etc. What I do have a problem with is people spewing a bunch of here say and hypotheticals against proven results. When the GT350 finally has credible info out, I'll have no problem giving credit if it's due. Remember, I even thought about purchasing one. And you brought Corvettes into this, remember? Check post 13.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
We shall see. It's rare, not impossible.But in the case of a C7Z51 vs. a GT350 track pack, I'm betting on the Vette. Published lap times favor the Vette by a good margin over the Boss LS also , Unless I'm overlooking something.

The C7 Z51 and a GT350 TP car are virtually identical around a track.

Users who are viewing this thread