2016 XSport vs. 2016 Acadia Denali

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Picking up my '16 XSport tomorrow. A local dealer is trying to clear out the '16s for the '17s and had them priced below A-plan.

kaz109

Established Member
I haven't driven the Ford yet but we drove the Acadia Denali a few weeks ago and were blown away by it. The fit and finish was better than everything we drove that day, it was comfortable, tows 5,000 lbs, and had all of the creature comforts that everything else was missing. All of the other GM products (Yukon, Escalade, Tahoe, fully loaded Sierra, and Silverado) were ****ing garbage. I'm mean absolute horrid shit, especially the interior. Holy crap it was bad. My wife was ready to buy the Tahoe/Yukon sight unseen but actually sitting in them was a massive turn off. It's no wonder GM can't keep their heads above water.

Very surprised a ctsv v owners would talk about garbage interior in another car.

Blown 89

Established Member
Very surprised a ctsv v owners would talk about garbage interior in another car.
The new Escalade interior was nice but my V had the best interior out of the God awful shit we drove that day.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

pipe down. Are you comparing a CTSV interior to your C63. I'll take my heated/cooled leather Recaros all day over a 204 C63 interior. Does your car even have leather or is it MB tex?

kaz109

Established Member
pipe down. Are you comparing a CTSV interior to your C63. I'll take my heated/cooled leather Recaros all day over a 204 C63 interior. Does your car even have leather or is it MB tex?

Hahaha, I have leather and I am not comparing anything. I was stating that ithe is a well known fact (by every single car reviewer) that the CTSV interior is very cheap plastic and the fit and finish is not on par for the segment it is in.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Hey, if you say so.

I drove both and own one of them, but, what do I know, haha.

Not that my R/T plants my wife into the seat when I take off in sport mode from a dead stop or anything.

Edmunds got the Explorer Sport 0-60 in 6.3 and the R/T in 6.5. The Xsport ran the 1/4 at 14.6 @ 94 and the R/T @ 14.7 @ 95.

The Xsport also weighs under 5,000LBS loaded and the R/T with AWD and loaded is about 5,300LBS. That's saying something to me. This is just one example as a tenth or two is not "Much" faster if you ask me. If we are talking high 13's stock vs. high 14's, that is a world of difference.

As far as the Acadia - I like the older models, but the new ones don't do it for me OP.

If I had to pick, I'd go with the Xsport hands down. Great power, styling and options.

Best thing to do is drive the heck out of both and play with all of their features to your hearts desire and then decide which model you like the best and run the numbers.

check out truecar as they list all of the rebates/incentives. I know as of now, Ford has huge rebates/incentives on the '16 model of the Xsports so you may land one much cheaper. They also had 0% for 72 months plus some cash back on them a month or so ago.

Good luck man!

Where did you drive the XSport? I've noticed a significant degradation in performance in ours when it has 87 in it, which is likely what a dealership would have in it.

kaz109

Established Member
Where did you drive the XSport? I've noticed a significant degradation in performance in ours when it has 87 in it, which is likely what a dealership would have in it.

Not to knowledgeable about this car so I could be wrong but if it is a turbo then putting 87 in the tank is your problem. I am sure if the car needs 91 or higher the dealer is not putting in 87.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

Reputable dealer in Melrose Park by me. They run higher octanes in their higher end cars, especially a $50,00 explorer.

It is hit or miss. People either say it has a bit of a hesitation with the turbo's or it makes instant torque like an electric car, LOL.

Plus, they sound like poop with an exhaust. Can't beat the sound of a V8 :)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Hahaha, I have leather and I am not comparing anything. I was stating that ithe is a well known fact (by every single car reviewer) that the CTSV interior is very cheap plastic and the fit and finish is not on par for the segment it is in.

Well hell if a car reviewer stated it, it's gospel. Other than the placement of the instrument cluster information buttons the interior is superior than 204 c classes, as that is where this car was priced.

kaz109

Established Member
Well hell if a car reviewer stated it, it's gospel. Other than the placement of the instrument cluster information buttons the interior is superior than 204 c classes, as that is where this car was priced.

I said every car reviewer. No point is bringing up everybody in the market for one that passed or it because if the interior or side something about how poor the quality is because it isn't documented. But please continue to persuade us Mr armchair, I am sure you know more than the professionals and us who defer from your personal opinion. After all you are the one who types in numbers and letters at work so you ate the gospel, we have been over this lol

Blown 89

Established Member
Lol...so if it's shiny it's better....got it
Not even close. The interiors feel like they are from the 80's. Creeks, rattles, squeeks over every bump....cheep plastic EVERYWHERE and buttons, dials, and parts that feel like they randomly picked part numbers out of a Granger's catalog. Not to mention the total lack of features which is inexcusable on an $80k car and a ride that was complete dog shit.

That's why we were pleasantly surprised by the Acadia. It had all of the bells and whistles, nice leather everywhere, comfortable ergonomics, a nice feel to the interior that felt like the position of everything was very well thought out. My wife liked the Escalade's interior but I thought it was bland and felt like the interior out of an SRX that I can pick up for $60k less.

My only complaint with the V is the nav system and interface is a complete joke. Aside from that I'm not sure where all of this plastic you see is. The piano black trim on the console is plastic and that's about it. Everything else is either wrapped in leather, suede, or fake wood (which every high end car has). No squeaks, rattles, creeks or otherwise.

I think the V gets a very bad rap and foreign cars get an unfair pass on their interiors. The 2012 E63 wagon for instance....uses the same piano black trim, the same window switches, has the same rubberized plastic glove box. Mine has a leather dash, the E63 is plastic. My wheel is sued and leather wrapped, the E63 has cheap plastic trim. The wood trim is exactly the same , the accent lighting, the same, and the E63 even uses the same air vents and stereo buttons as the V. The E63's seats suck in comparison to the V's Recaros and the center console had the same cheap sliding accessory door that the old Yukon and Escalade had. I obviously daily drive a V and have spent a little time in my buddy's AMG wagon and the simple fact is that American cars are judged much more harshly than their European and Japanese counterparts. Hell, the V makes my wife's Lexus SC-430 interior look like complete dog shit.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I said every car reviewer. No point is bringing up everybody in the market for one that passed or it because if the interior or side something about how poor the quality is because it isn't documented. But please continue to persuade us Mr armchair, I am sure you know more than the professionals and us who defer from your personal opinion. After all you are the one who types in numbers and letters at work so you ate the gospel, we have been over this lol

Way to stay mature and have an adult debate. I see luxury cars all day. I'm in them all day. I would not say a 204 C or a 212 E is a better built car than a CTSV. Once you add the big dollar carbon fiber trim in the Benz's I'd agree but base aluminum/wood to the V's wood/piano black, it's even.

Not even close. The interiors feel like they are from the 80's. Creeks, rattles, squeeks over every bump....cheep plastic EVERYWHERE and buttons, dials, and parts that feel like they randomly picked part numbers out of a Granger's catalog. Not to mention the total lack of features which is inexcusable on an $80k car and a ride that was complete dog shit.

That's why we were pleasantly surprised by the Acadia. It had all of the bells and whistles, nice leather everywhere, comfortable ergonomics, a nice feel to the interior that felt like the position of everything was very well thought out. My wife liked the Escalade's interior but I thought it was bland and felt like the interior out of an SRX that I can pick up for $60k less.

My only complaint with the V is the nav system and interface is a complete joke. Aside from that I'm not sure where all of this plastic you see is. The piano black trim on the console is plastic and that's about it. Everything else is either wrapped in leather, suede, or fake wood (which every high end car has). No squeaks, rattles, creeks or otherwise.

I think the V gets a very bad rap and foreign cars get an unfair pass on their interiors. The 2012 E63 wagon for instance....uses the same piano black trim, the same window switches, has the same rubberized plastic glove box. Mine has a leather dash, the E63 is plastic. My wheel is sued and leather wrapped, the E63 has cheap plastic trim. The wood trim is exactly the same , the accent lighting, the same, and the E63 even uses the same air vents and stereo buttons as the V. The E63's seats suck in comparison to the V's Recaros and the center console had the same cheap sliding accessory door that the old Yukon and Escalade had. I obviously daily drive a V and have spent a little time in my buddy's AMG wagon and the simple fact is that American cars are judged much more harshly than their European and Japanese counterparts. Hell, the V makes my wife's Lexus SC-430 interior look like complete dog shit.

Agreed. I don't have an issue per se with the NAV as it works well. The bluetooth is terrible and there is no bluetooth streaming.

And back on point, Xsport is the way to go for $50K and below SUV. It has luxury and decent power. For $500 it has great power.

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Bought it today!

'16 XSport vs my '13 Edge Limited
thumb

Home
thumb

thumb

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Nice ride!

I believe the common mods are Downpipe, Tune, Cat-back and Intake.

Livernois has one in the high 12's, just not sure that's on 93 with the mods above.

Silver is great! We were looking and actually drove a white Xsport with black wheels. Did look killer.

Users who are viewing this thread