2017 C7 1LT Vette or 2022 Mach 1?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I've owned several Mustangs (see signature). I have wanted a Mach 1 for a long time and looked at one today being sold locally by a private seller. However, I also like the C7 Corvette. I know it is a matter of which one I like better as I am the potential buyer, but which would you choose?

2022 Mach 1 ($50K)
5k miles
Fighter Jet Gray, upgraded wheels, 6-speed Tremec, Elite interior (no Recaros and no handling package)

2017 C7 Corvette 1LT ($45K)
29k miles
White, removable top, magnetic ride, exhaust multi-mode, factory painted wheels, spoiler, calipers, black interior, 7-speed manual

Vettes are a dime a dozen but would out perform the Mach; the FJG Mach is absolutely stunning in person. Damn. I really like the look of the C7 too, but not as much as the Mach. I would potentially daily drive the car as I am tired of depriving myself of fun on the drive to/from work. Commute is 20 minutes and I live in Vegas...I don't go into the office everyday (probably 2-3 days a week).

Thoughts?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never driven either one, but because you intend to daily drive it, I think overall the Mach 1 will be more comfortable. That FJG paint is stunning, especially with the black stripes and red pin-striping. Nicer IMO than the Corvette white paint. And, the Mach 1 only has 5K miles vs. the Corvette's 29K miles. That's a 24K mile difference and you're intending to drive it daily. And the Corvette is 7 years old vs. 2 years old for the Mach 1. They're both really nice, but man that Mach 1 is so stunning!!

maxresdefault.jpg

0a2c29d206e8436ab8a9ea35067bc142_ful.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
I like the looks of the Mach better.

My friend has a heritage one for sale. Pretty sure it’s similar mileage and price but I want to say it’s pretty much optioned out.

May be a 21’.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The mach definitely looks better but the driving experience of the c7 blows it away.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While I do like the looks of the Mach, I'd do the Vette. I love the sound of a cam'd LS.

kaz109

Established Member
I hate C7 vettes ( well vettes in general) but the C7 will be a better driving experience than the Mach 1 without question from a handling aspect.

Since you are just using it in the straights of Vegas I would get the Mach 1 throw a blower on it and call it a day

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
If the Corvette isn’t a GS or higher, I’d go Mach 1.

I’m really digging c6/c7 wide bodies the last few years. Base models just lack something visually.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’d say that’s a tough call. My bestfriend has a 2019 C7 Z06 2LZ. My brother has a 2016 Z51 3LT Corvette. So it’s got suede everything, etc. However I’ll say this both of those corvettes are a blast to drive. I never had a Mach1 so I can’t speak to those. I did have a 2017 GT Premium Trackpack. Super fun to drive around town, and highway was nice. I’d say drive both of them and see your thoughts on both.

Corvettes overall are nice. The active rev match is great, magneticride is a cool feature if it comes with it. His Z51 has an Ecomode feature where it goes to 4 Cylinders and improves gas mileage significantly. Although that won’t matter due to your drive being shorter.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I've never driven either one, but because you intend to daily drive it, I think overall the Mach 1 will be more comfortable. That FJG paint is stunning, especially with the black stripes and red pin-striping. Nicer IMO than the Corvette white paint. And, the Mach 1 only has 5K miles vs. the Corvette's 29K miles. That's a 24K mile difference and you're intending to drive it daily. And the Corvette is 7 years old vs. 2 years old for the Mach 1. They're both really nice, but man that Mach 1 is so stunning!!

maxresdefault.jpg

0a2c29d206e8436ab8a9ea35067bc142_ful.jpg
Bob, you nailed the look of each of them! I'm not a Vette guy but the C7 looks fabulous and is a better performer for fun factor. There is also a 2015 2LT manual for sale locally that is white; it has 22k miles and is priced at $45k. It has that inferno red interior though...not sure I'm down with that.
I like the looks of the Mach better.

My friend has a heritage one for sale. Pretty sure it’s similar mileage and price but I want to say it’s pretty much optioned out.

May be a 21’.

I never knew there was such a thing as a heritage edition Mach. Pics?
The mach definitely looks better but the driving experience of the c7 blows it away.
I haven't driven the C7 yet. Once I do maybe that will make it a slam dunk.
I never liked any of the base non widebody vettes. To me it's like buying an ECOBOOST mustang.
An 11.X second Vetter isn't an Ecoboost...come on. LOL I see your point though...a GT doesn't do it for me and an Ecoboost definitely wouldn't get me going.
While I do like the looks of the Mach, I'd do the Vette. I love the sound of a cam'd LS.
There was a cam'd C7 on the strip a few weeks ago and I couldn't help but get goosebumps. Damn.
I hate C7 vettes ( well vettes in general) but the C7 will be a better driving experience than the Mach 1 without question from a handling aspect.

Since you are just using it in the straights of Vegas I would get the Mach 1 throw a blower on it and call it a day
Good point. I have always wanted the Coyote paired with the Tremec. Blower might be overkill for daily driving and putting around town.

I'm 48, if I get a C7 people will talk shit about mid life crisis, etc. I might have to fist fight someone.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If the Corvette isn’t a GS or higher, I’d go Mach 1.

I’m really digging c6/c7 wide bodies the last few years. Base models just lack something visually.
I saw a C7 yesterday and feel the same. Cool but lacks the "it factor" visually. The Mach has "it factor" but isn't the performer of the C7.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
IMG_1011.JPG

This right here hurts a lot of peoples feelings and the best part is that it is basically a Z06 in sheep clothing. Callaway SC 627 and unlike the Z06 it does not suffer from heat soak as the S/C housing is what is called a triple cooled set up. It has an intercooler then has a coolant connection for the housing as you can see in back with the dual stainless elbows and finally the outside air running over it. Tangled with a 2015 Z06 auto 8 and a 2018 7 speed Z06's and the only advantage the Z06 has is bigger rubber and contact patch for the tires so it can basically power out of a slow turn as they can get grip over the standard narrower Z51 19" rears.

Took a few laps at Mid Ohio and sure they lead and won but I was only around a 5th of a second slower then when lap 10 hit I was still at full power and the both Z06's began to pull timing and started to fade in power. Callaway also made the SC 757 which was the Z06 with his triple cooled S/C and engine enhancements. I have seen a few but never driven one.

MG0h3

Established Member
My bad. The Mach is the same color setup you pictured.

I’ll get his details on price and what not

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1831851

This right here hurts a lot of peoples feelings and the best part is that it is basically a Z06 in sheep clothing. Callaway SC 627 and unlike the Z06 it does not suffer from heat soak as the S/C housing is what is called a triple cooled set up. It has an intercooler then has a coolant connection for the housing as you can see in back with the dual stainless elbows and finally the outside air running over it. Tangled with a 2015 Z06 auto 8 and a 2018 7 speed Z06's and the only advantage the Z06 has is bigger rubber and contact patch for the tires so it can basically power out of a slow turn as they can get grip over the standard narrower Z51 19" rears.

Took a few laps at Mid Ohio and sure they lead and won but I was only around a 5th of a second slower then when lap 10 hit I was still at full power and the both Z06's began to pull timing and started to fade in power. Callaway also made the SC 757 which was the Z06 with his triple cooled S/C and engine enhancements. I have seen a few but never driven one.
I'm a Callaway fan. Back in 1996-1999, I spent WAY too much time at their Old Lyme shop. Even had Reeves Callaway spend some time with me in the lobby once while I was waiting for some minor work to be done. Very cool, down to earth guy. Very sad that he died last year. I had some wonderful experiences there, and got very familiar with their entire Corvette/Camaro catalog. Their newer Corvette stuff is far above what they offered back in the late '90s.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Manual Mach 1 with forced induction.

Only a few Vette's that would get my money. A c7 zr1, or a built max effort e85 N/A c5 z06. MmmmMMmmm

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
50k is too much for a regular s550, even if it was a mach 1. Spend a little more and get a 19/20 GT350.

If C7 at least get a GS.

Users who are viewing this thread