2017 Camaro ZL1 Auto Stock 1/4 Mile 11.22@130 STOCK TIRES

Troponin

Established Member
B/S on stock motor...NObody has ever pulled 33 mph on the 2nd 1/8...IMO

Greg

Someone on the HC forums did the calculations and thought it was damn near impossible to have run like that too. OP found his way over there and was active in the thread, so will see what he says.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The owner also had the fastest 5th gen ZL1 as well. Trapped 120mph i believe. He also states the MPH is probably more like 127-128 which is exactly what GM said it would run with the 10spd. He attributes it to a timing error as we all know MPH at the drag strip is a calculation not a finite number.

He is a straight shooter with nothing to hide. He figured out a launch technique to defeat torque management by sheer luck which everyone has been struggling with at the track.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
The owner also had the fastest 5th gen ZL1 as well. Trapped 120mph i believe. He also states the MPH is probably more like 127-128 which is exactly what GM said it would run with the 10spd. He attributes it to a timing error as we all know MPH at the drag strip is a calculation not a finite number.

He is a straight shooter with nothing to hide. He figured out a launch technique to defeat torque management by sheer luck which everyone has been struggling with at the track.

He may have figured a new and different launch technique and good for him if he did...His 60 ft very good for stock tires if they are stock...The car should be running 10.30's with that MPH and his 60 ft...You just don't run 130 & 33 MPH higher in 2nd 1/8 unless you have something else !!! OR A BUSTED CLOCK...Did he back it up with a close MPH before or after.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
He may have figured a new and different launch technique and good for him if he did...His 60 ft very good for stock tires if they are stock...The car should be running 10.30's with that MPH and his 60 ft...You just don't run 133 unless you have something else !!! OR A BUSTED CLOCK...Did he back it up with a close MPH before or after.
133?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
He may have figured a new and different launch technique and good for him if he did...His 60 ft very good for stock tires if they are stock...The car should be running 10.30's with that MPH and his 60 ft...You just don't run 133 unless you have something else !!! OR A BUSTED CLOCK...Did he back it up with a close MPH before or after.
10spd auto FTW. I think people are forgetting that aspect of it.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
That is a stout time and very strong mph! Hellcats can't trap 130mph stock.

Sooo im curious where you got your info from?

33mph on the back half proves it's modded or that tracks timing system is a little off. Which isn't that uncommon. I seriously doubt it's modded.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Sooo im curious where you got your info from?

33mph on the back half proves it's modded or that tracks timing system is a little off. Which isn't that uncommon. I seriously doubt it's modded.
Just going by what I have seen personally at the track and Internet results. IF this ZL1 is stock on stock tires, that is without question a better trap speed than stock Hellcats even on DR from what I have seen. Hell... I've seen a few Hellcats that trap only 124-125 on DR on a full well driven pass in good air. I've seen many run 126-128 Stock on DR... That's about it....

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Just going by what I have seen personally at the track and Internet results. IF this ZL1 is stock on stock tires, that is without question a better trap speed than stock Hellcats even on DR from what I have seen. Hell... I've seen a few Hellcats that trap only 124-125 on DR on a full well driven pass in good air. I've seen many run 126-128 Stock on DR... That's about it....

Multiple have trapped 130 and not with a bs 33mph back half. All were 100+ in the 8th.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/10-997-all-stock-down-to-the-pirelli-summers.54681/

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/in-the-10s.43393/

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/second-trip-to-capitol-raceway.18843/

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
33mph on the back half proves it's modded or that tracks timing system is a little off. Which isn't that uncommon. ...

Either one of those situations would make this slip bogus. Might as well throw it in the trash. There's no way in hell a stock ZL1 picked up 33MPH on the back half. That automatic isn't that damned good.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I said it on the 1st page. There have been many stock hellcat trap 130mph. My hellcat did it on the very 1st pass in the car. 10.91@130mph. I gained 30mph on the back half. Now I am running a 275/40r20 DR.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that is really impressive. If only I could afford one of these ZL1s. I'd have a blast with it every weekend.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
For the second time, the owner stated it was more than likely a timing error as his speedo read 128 when he crossed. Another guy has gone 11.20@128 too. 130 is a timing error as I said before and he acknowledged that. 127-128 is what they trap. It's not ****ing modded. It runs what ****** GM said it would. They said 11.4@127 and that has been done numerous times.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
this is his 13 zl1

So he had the fastest stock 13ZL1 by a longshot. And why the dry hop?

Am I the only one questioning the stockness? There was a "stock" Hellcat trapping 130 and it turned out to be spraying right. If it's stock, awesome. I might need to look into one.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Saw that also. My 650 RHWP GT500 wouldn't pick up 33 on the back half. Maybe a 50 shot?

Agree

This car picked up 33mph on the back half bone stock.

Not sure I've ever seen that from anything similar... hellcat, gt500, ctsv, c7z, etc etc

Yep.

He has nothing to hide.. but a tune can easily be hidden as well as a small shot for bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread