2017 Ford F-150 Raptor

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I agree but i feel a sizable number do neither with each. I have a diesel now and tow with it but nothing a 1/2 ton cant handle for the most part (4-7k). I just like the larger ratings and power. Same with the Raptor. Some will offroad a little here and there like i would or run down a side road at 50mph but most will be pavement ponders that simply like the truck overall.

And I agree. I dont like the EC versions of the previous or upcoming year. They look odd to me.

Agreed. My family is in the predicament that the size of an F-150 is better for parking up at our local ski resort or in parking lots when we go fishing 90% of the time and can handle most of our towing when we go to the track, but there are 2 times a year usually where we need to tow 15K pounds and the F-150 just isn't up to the task. We need the super duty for towing, but if we could get away with a raptor we would take it off roading frequently. Pretty soon though the plan is for my dad to buy a new super duty and I'm going to get an F-150 (probably a raptor) and were gonna share lol.

fangstang

Established Member
As a current Raptor owner, I dont love this new one. I like it, but not love it. Who ever approved that "FORD" on the tailgate should be shot. I hate that it will have a V6.

ferfont1

Established Member
As a current Raptor owner, I dont love this new one. I like it, but not love it. Who ever approved that "FORD" on the tailgate should be shot. I hate that it will have a V6.

you will love the extra power, torque, and mpg's! lol

fangstang

Established Member
you will love the extra power, torque, and mpg's! lol

But it will sound like shit. My cousin has the ecoboost in his platinum and it sounds like shit to me. Such a beefy looking truck should have the sound to match its looks and power. Better mpg is welcome though.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
So nasty. 10 speed auto is absolutely insane though, that will sure get some crazy RPM's on the highway.

As much as I love a V8 sound, if I had to pick between an EB and say the 6.2, I'd take the EB all day long. Intake, and vent the stock BOV's and I would quit thinking about a V8 sound.

snakecharmer

Established Member
As with the Ford GT, love the looks but not happy that it will be saddled with an engine that sounds so totally un-sexy.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Is the SVT swept under the rug.

Ford Just calling it the F150 Raptor now.

Ford announced at another auto show in 2014 that there is no more SVT, or any other performance division. It is only Ford Performance Vehicles now.

TorchMach

Established Member
What has me really thinking is those larger fox shocks. I want to know how much more travel we are going to get. I will be upgrading no doubt. Should be A LOT lighter as well.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Damn, For sure the 2017 Raptor will NOT sound like a raptor... It'll be missing that aggressiveness.

You'll be able to hear the sound of the 17's silence from five cars back... Anyone in a 17 won't even be able to hear your massive V8!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
oddly, I am fine with the V6 FGT, but damnit the raptor needs a V8. I kind of figured this was coming but still blows. Its an amazing looking truck, 500lb diet, better suspension, I love the new body etc. A 5.0 with cylinder deactivation and DI would of been perfect for this and still done a hell of a lot better than the 6.2 in MPG. I was thinking about upgrading my 14 to these when they come out but I'll hold onto it for now. Or someone needs to make a V8 swap for these

ETA: the Ford on the tailgate looks stupid as hell as someone said above. Take it off and Im happy exterior wise

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread