2017 GT350 Changes

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The very first bullet says the GT350 not the tech not the track packages, so unless specified Ford is says that all GT350s fall under what every the information is.

The later they specify the GT350R, so that info is only for the R.
Sounds like you assumed that yourself. I never believed the Tech pack cars were going to do well without the coolers on there, I'm surprised and find it very odd any one who tracks their cars believed they would. Otherwise, what would be the point of the track pack cars LOL

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
_Build%20startup%20dates.jpg

Hey Tob, do you know if this has changed at all?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I haven't seen anything to the contrary - yet, anyway.

Lemers, I will give you this, regarding the following quote from Ford...

Ford said:
Staying cool

Every aspect of Shelby GT350 is built for track capability, and the transmission is no exception. Managing temperatures and ensuring sufficient lubrication is key to real-world track durability. The GT350 Track Package and GT350R have a unique oil-to-air transmission cooler that is fed by a gerotor pump integrated into the housing of the transmission. This arrangement ensures the transmission stays cool and properly lubricated, but it also brings the added benefit of keeping transmission heat out of the coolant circuit. The result is an engine radiator dedicated to engine cooling, and a smaller, lighter design.

The air-to-oil transmission cooler is mounted directly behind the front fascia with its own dedicated ducting. Significant aerodynamic work was done to perfect the cooler angle and duct shape to ensure airflow is distributed over the entire face of the cooler for maximum efficiency. Finally, a sensor is included in the transmission to warn the driver via the gauge cluster of an overheat condition, in the very unlikely event a driver might overwhelm the cooling capacity of the transmission.

I suppose it is fair to say that Ford didn't go out of their way to convince potential Tech Pack owners that "unlikely" means likely if you track (even mildly) without the additional cooling hardware that is on the R/Track Pack. The GT350, regardless of option content, simply should not be <PP GT Mustang when tracked.

bpmurr

Established Member
I haven't seen anything to the contrary - yet, anyway.

Lemers, I will give you this, regarding the following quote from Ford...

I suppose it is fair to say that Ford didn't go out of their way to convince potential Tech Pack owners that "unlikely" means likely if you track (even mildly) without the additional cooling hardware that is on the R/Track Pack. The GT350, regardless of option content, simply should not be <PP GT Mustang when tracked.

It's pretty sad that a PP GT can outlast a Tech Pack GT350 on the track. That should never be the case when the GT350 is the "track car"!

Users who are viewing this thread