2017 GT350 Changes

conceptmachine

Established Member
Well, if you get any 17 allocations look me up, I still may be interested in it, in the mean time I'll find all the gt350s on the street and pound them into oblivion with the '14. Yeah...it'll make me feel better :)

Ok you have a deal, I say it's anywhere from 2500 to 4000 over...if it's your or less I'll eat crow...if it's mine, you eat? Sounds fair to me.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
What? Challengers? They are EVERYWHERE for msrp...in fact I had one for -500 Off msrp 6 months ago for a hellcat 8 speed. If you get on car gurus there are hundreds at msrp...and virtually any dealer you call will order you on for msrp. Their sales are slowing bigtime. A gt350 is a bear...I've called and emailed hundreds of dealers not 1 will come down to msrp. A couple months ago I had several that I could get at msrp...those dried up the next day. As soon as production kicks on full steam it should get easier. Their estimate for 5000 gt350s and 2000 Rs is gonna be way off unless they murder it this spring!!

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Dealers will ask it as long as people are paying it. I had 5 this year. Sold 3 retail for MSRP and sold 2 to dealers for a stupid markup.

Dusten, on this forum, just said his neighbor gave $90k+ for his yellow one (IMO, the worst color).

I get emails every day of dealers selling to other dealers for $10k+ over MSRP for a GT350 and $25k+ for a GT350R.

It seems most of the really ridiculous sales are dealer to dealer. Probably because they believed their own hype and tried to make a quick buck. But these also seem to be the ones I've seen sitting around online for months now. Several dealers I've called said they've sold these at markup. But when I ask did an individual buy it, the answer is no. This whole GT350 situation is stupid. I may be back in the hunt for a 2017 though if this news is true.

krt22

Established Member
Keep in mind, demand will not be the same as what it is currently in its soon to be 3rd year of production MY17 and for whatever reason people on SVTP like to dismiss the fact that the 1LE is coming and WILL have an effect on the GT350 pricing.
They are now 2 different classes of cars, regardless of what the 1LE puts down in terms of numbers, they really arent the same segmenet. Only internet stat racers are cross shopping the two. Everyone and their mom knows the shelby name and exclusivity will bring more money and higher resale,

A 16 track pack is a 17 base. There is no reason for Ford to reduce the price from the current track pack. When dealers can add stupid large ADMs to MSRP and have people waiting in line for this limited production vehicle, why would Ford short change themselves. They are a successful and profitable business that has managed to remain relevant and iconic for about the last 10 decades. They haven't done so by short-changing themselves.
Bingo. The market has shown that folks are quite fine paying 60k+ for the car, no reason at all for Ford to leave money on the table. Base price will be 55k+. No reason for ford to give away the magneride and coolers at zero profit or possibly a loss. The economies of scale arent that sizable when you really look at the total volume of these cars. Magneride is already on 90% + of the cars. The coolers are on ~35-40%, adding a few thousand coolers to the total production volume isnt going to cut the price in half.

chuckstang

Established Member
Where is there any legitimate info at all about a 2018 GT500?

None. That is true. I for one am loving this push for more of an all around track car, Boss, and GT350, etc. Boost and straight line is great but we are at the point now where you either need awd or slicks to get any traction from these 700hp factory cars

chuckstang

Established Member
All true but a year and beyond things change...

Thoughts on these changes with little price increase?

2011 GT500 vs 2010 Gt500- not much price increase really and quite a bit more standard (Al block, power bump, etc.)
2011 GT vs 2010 GT- 5.0 vs 4.6

This is all speculation so who knows. Fun to guess and see though

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, if you get any 17 allocations look me up, I still may be interested in it, in the mean time I'll find all the gt350s on the street and pound them into oblivion with the '14. Yeah...it'll make me feel better :)

Ok you have a deal, I say it's anywhere from 2500 to 4000 over...if it's your or less I'll eat crow...if it's mine, you eat? Sounds fair to me.

:)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Why get rid of DIB?! Nooooo

That's what I said to myself. One of the best colors on that car, in my opinion.

What does Lightning Blue look like?
Is it like Sonic Blue?

chuckstang

Established Member
A 16 track pack is a 17 base. There is no reason for Ford to reduce the price from the current track pack. When dealers can add stupid large ADMs to MSRP and have people waiting in line for this limited production vehicle, why would Ford short change themselves. They are a successful and profitable business that has managed to remain relevant and iconic for about the last 10 decades. They haven't done so by short-changing themselves.

You are thinking about right now. You got to think in the future, when the 17s are out, the story will be different. 17s are still a ways out, gota keep it in perspective here

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I don't care about a GT500 either. People just keep bringing it up as if they know for sure it's coming in 2018. I'd be more inclined to say that the GT350 continues on into 2018.

The 1LE most likely won't affect GT350 demand just like the Boss wasn't affected by the last 1LE. ADMs will die down on their own, but I believe it will have little to do with the 1LE. I think Ford may push to reduce MSRP a little, but dealers won't care.

krt22

Established Member
The 17s order banks open in April, production starts in June, it wont be long before they are out unless Ford delays GT350 specific orders/production to make sure the 16s are gone and sold

As far as price increases, the BOSS 302 went up $1000+ between years with no real changes minus the HIDs. There was also a big price jump for the 2012 and 2013 GT500s (that one a bit more obvious)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I have a considerable waiting list.

A track pack 2016 will be the same price as a base 2017.

It seems most of the really ridiculous sales are dealer to dealer. Probably because they believed their own hype and tried to make a quick buck. But these also seem to be the ones I've seen sitting around online for months now. Several dealers I've called said they've sold these at markup. But when I ask did an individual buy it, the answer is no. This whole GT350 situation is stupid. I may be back in the hunt for a 2017 though if this news is true.

Dusten, on this forum, said his neighbor paid over $90k for his.

Where is there any legitimate info at all about a 2018 GT500?

None out there.

I don't care about a GT500 either. People just keep bringing it up as if they know for sure it's coming in 2018. I'd be more inclined to say that the GT350 continues on into 2018.

The 1LE most likely won't affect GT350 demand just like the Boss wasn't affected by the last 1LE. ADMs will die down on their own, but I believe it will have little to do with the 1LE. I think Ford may push to reduce MSRP a little, but dealers won't care.

Ford won't reduce the price of the car, I promise. Hell, they raise the price of F-150's year over year.

The 17s order banks open in April, production starts in June, it wont be long before they are out unless Ford delays GT350 specific orders/production to make sure the 16s are gone and sold

As far as price increases, the BOSS 302 went up $1000+ between years with no real changes minus the HIDs. There was also a big price jump for the 2012 and 2013 GT500s (that one a bit more obvious)

Correct. I think base to base it will go up $5k. Obviously the 17 will come with the Track Pack, where the 16 didn't; but it's still base vs. base.

cluscher

Established Member
You are thinking about right now. You got to think in the future, when the 17s are out, the story will be different. 17s are still a ways out, gota keep it in perspective here

I'll agree to disagree and we'll find out soon enough.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Anyone thinking a gt500 isn't coming is kidding themselves. It's coming and will stomp this 350 (in most catagories)....and it better because the zl1 won't be a slouch this go around. Chevy is getting tired of getting punked so much in the past
Why no word of a gt500 yet? Why cut into your own sales?! Hold it off and sell these as long as possible before dropping the hammer. The gt500 will be a must have...the 350....not so much. Would I take one at msrp for a few months until the gt500 rolls out? I suppose...if you twist my arm.
Look for the gt500 to run a good 10k more than the gt350 AND the greedy dealers will be asking epic ADM's for them for a year...like these

On another front does anyone know production numbers to date? They say 5000 350 and 2000 r models/year. I don't believe it's even close yet. What did they sell maybe 2000 total, including Rs for 15 and 16?! They got some serious production to make up for. 2500 cars minimum with the 250 still at dealers to sell..so there should be an influx to sell later this year. Better not say a thing about the gt500 before a majority of those are sold or else they will be sitting. I hope it happens tho...just to give the dealers a taste of their own medicine. Ford dealers will get a sense of what Chevy goes thru with their z06 and z28...zl1. The z06 just gets way over produced. Small dealerships in bumf+#& Egypt have 2 or 3 sitting collecting dust. 10k off msrp+ sad thing, you buy one, even at 10k off msrp and a couple years down the road you lose another 20k. Lol. Ugh...
The mid engine will be the one to get.

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Established Member
Why Ford has the shittiest options is beyond me. Someone who has connections to the execs should tell them they are ****ing up big time by doing this shit. If you want to compete with the European makes, let the customers have OPTIONS.

Does anyone have any pictures of what lightning blue looks like? I think Grabber Blue will look bad ass on this car, specially with black stripes and the R wing.

This, like no PP on an auto GT, etc. Such a huge difference if you configure a Camaro or Challenger and see a ton of options :(

Users who are viewing this thread