2017 Total Solar Eclipse Discussion

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm 4 hours south but I'll be driving up to a little town in Nebraska for it.

Statistically they have clear skies that time of the day/time of the year so I'm hoping for the best.

I've been talking about this for a year and took time off.. And my girlfriend scheduled her check ride for her instrument rating that same day, so it's just me lol.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So how do you know what percentage you are in? Im in Washington so Oregon is the closest state where you can view totality, but Im curious how much we will be able to see outside of that? I couldn't find an index that showed it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Anybody know where we can enter our address on a map? it's going to be a total eclipse very close to my home address

GodStang

Established Member
We are going up to our dock on Lake Greenwood to fish and watch it. Should be total there. Good day to skip work.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You're one of those parents that watches their kids soccer game through their ipad, huh? Haha j/k.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I didn't know that was an option, lol.

Its only a 65% eclipse here. I'd have to drive basically from LA to Salem, OR to see the total eclipse in person. I'm not too interested in that thought.

Edit: thats a 900 mile drive and I would have to take time off work.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Even Mexico will get some percentage of the eclipse, but I'm not entirely sure what that means..

Does anyone know what that represents? Like if they look at the sun, will 20% of it be covered by the moon?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Whats all the hype anout. Seen them,before

Total solar eclipse's are rare. You will actually be able to look at the sun without protection, but only when its 100% covered.

Solar_eclipse_1999_4_NR.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanks man.

I ordered 5 pairs of glasses because I couldn't find any others that were certified and I was comfortable they would get here in time.

Users who are viewing this thread