2017 Total Solar Eclipse Discussion

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You and me both...I'm ready for zombies and tourists that stray.

You guys should probably plan to not even leave the house until Tuesday. I'm sure cell coverage will be one of the first things to go.
Thanks man.

I ordered 5 pairs of glasses because I couldn't find any others that were certified and I was comfortable they would get here in time.

Which ones did you order? I haven't ordered any yet - keep reading about them and not just ordering. I guess some are just super dark like welding glass and some have special coating that changes the color and protects your eyes but allows you to see around you a little.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
You guys should probably plan to not even leave the house until Tuesday. I'm sure cell coverage will be one of the first things to go.

Which ones did you order? I haven't ordered any yet - keep reading about them and not just ordering. I guess some are just super dark like welding glass and some have special coating that changes the color and protects your eyes but allows you to see around you a little.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB09NHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out of stock for a few days but with prime it should get here with a ton of time to spare.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Yea i'm a little concerned about that. Fortunately the girlfriend has Wi-Fi at work so we can iMessage in the event cell coverage takes a dive. (assuming internet is up).

If it all goes down for a while, I'll throw the dog in the truck, grab my gun, and go pick her up from work to bring her home. I don't want her to deal with the nonsense of hysteria. I'm honestly hoping it rains that day so we all just get to see a night time esque rain storm lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
2045 will be a good one but I probably won't live in Colorado anymore lol.

BJCobra99

Established Member
Wyomingite checking in. The Casper, WY Holiday Inn is charging $5k for 5 nights, not able to purchase just a single night's stay. All sold out of course. All the state parks are booked full. This shit show is going to be a mess for our little state. Talked to a Homeland security employee at our work, and she said they are planning on up to 30k addiditonal people in the state, possible protestors too. I said huh? Protesting the sun? Let them bitch all they want haha.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Here's a map of future total solar eclipses view-able from north america through the end of the 21st century.

21stCenturyNorthAmericanEclipses

There are others you can travel to see, these are just the "local" ones.

I’m holding out for the 2099 one. That way I don’t have to go anywhere to see it. Lol

TK Doom

Established Member
Here's a map of future total solar eclipses view-able from north america through the end of the 21st century.

21stCenturyNorthAmericanEclipses

There are others you can travel to see, these are just the "local" ones.

Ultra cool picture.

The 2045 will put me closer.

lem06

Established Member
I live literally 30 minutes from the point of longest totality, will be taking the day off to check it out.

also turns out in 7ish years there is another, that ALSO passes by within an hour of me

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That interactive map says D.C. I'd like 81%? Does that seem high to anyone?
I am def interested but don't understand how the obstruction % goes as you go farther out. Is it linear or progressive to the percentage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread