2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Trap speed isn't very impressive. Figured it would at least do 127

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Such a let down..... after all the wait on the new gen NSX all of us enthusiasts thought it was going to be amazing. Unfortunately it’s best attribute is it’s looks.

kaz109

Established Member
Such a let down..... after all the wait on the new gen NSX all of us enthusiasts thought it was going to be amazing. Unfortunately it’s best attribute is it’s looks.
Have u driven one? I ask because u keep saying it's a let down when in fact it is right on par with the previous gen performance and driver involvement.

You are acting like the first gen was this all works performer and the new gen in a let down because it doesn't perform was well as the first gen.

72SBC

Established Member
How does a turbo hybrid, 4K lbs car with a automatic, awd and driver aids have the same involvement as a 3k lbs, N/A, mid engine, stick shift, no aid car? I’d really like to know. That’s like saying a GTR is as engaging as a 99 GTS Viper.

kaz109

Established Member
How does a turbo hybrid, 4K lbs car with a automatic, awd and driver aids have the same involvement as a 3k lbs, N/A, mid engine, stick shift, no aid car? I’d really like to know. That’s like saying a GTR is as engaging as a 99 GTS Viper.
Ppl who have reviewed the car asked said the same thing and they all have seems to loved the car from a driving aspect. I have only test driven one on in city and briefly on the hwy so I can't give really say but all cars are heavier with drivers aid's. Cars are over all heavier now a days so it's not like the car was going to weight anything close to the first gen.

My point was he was saying it was such a disappointment as if the first gen was some track record holding car.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Ppl who have reviewed the car asked said the same thing and they all have seems to loved the car from a driving aspect. I have only test driven one on in city and briefly on the hwy so I can't give really say but all cars are heavier with drivers aid's. Cars are over all heavier now a days so it's not like the car was going to weight anything close to the first gen.

My point was he was saying it was such a disappointment as if the first gen was some track record holding car.

First gen was all about handling and feel.. this new car is a robot in comparison. I have not driven one, but I have read plenty about it. In case you were not aware, this Gen NSX was designed and planned more than 15 years ago... Honda threw out hints and teases.. ads on the Super Bowl etc..
Only to have delay after delay. Then it comes out YEARS upon years later and a 100k GTR can run door to door with it and a most of the magic of the first gen (feel and driver involvement) is not there. Why do you think you see so few...

kaz109

Established Member
First gen was all about handling and feel.. this new car is a robot in comparison. I have not driven one, but I have read plenty about it. In case you were not aware, this Gen NSX was designed and planned more than 15 years ago... Honda threw out hints and teases.. ads on the Super Bowl etc..
Only to have delay after delay. Then it comes out YEARS upon years later and a 100k GTR can run door to door with it and a most of the magic of the first gen (feel and driver involvement) is not there. Why do you think you see so few...
I know when it first started development and I know it was scrapped because they planned for a V10 until the economy tanked so they came with a turbo 6, then they scrapped that design because it wouldn't fit and get the cooling it needed for the motor so they had to design it again... it was not held out because of performance goals/numbers

I also know it make a sense that it running performance numbers with a gtr or lesser than makes sense given the gtr is a numbers/performance driven car. The NSX is not. I asked if u have driven one because from what I have seen and read this NSX has shocked ppl at the driving feel this car gives considering it is a turbo hybrid awd auto...myself I only got to feel the straight line and it was just as linar as the first gen.

Not doubting your knowledge as a car guy because I have seen your post and been around long enough to know u are but I think you are judging this car from the wrong angle.

To answer your question about why we don't see many on the road now....thats a simple answer, most ppl with the means are ppl thinking like you. " oh it should be faster" , "the magazine numbers says this car is faster " etc etc.....ppl look for numbers these days and not car involment or power delivery. Hell this site is a prime example

Last edited:

IamRacerX

Established Member
I know when it first started development and I know it was scrapped because they planned for a V10 until the economy tanked so they came with a turbo 6, then they scrapped that design because it wouldn't fit and get the cooling it needed for the motor so they had to design it again... it was not held out because of performance goals/numbers

I also know it make a sense that it running performance numbers with a gtr or lesser than makes sense given the gtr is a numbers/performance driven car. The NSX is not. I asked if u have driven one because from what I have seen and read this NSX has shocked ppl at the driving feel this car gives considering it is a turbo hybrid awd auto...myself I only got to feel the straight line and it was just as linar as the first gen.

Not doubting your knowledge as a car guy because I have seen your post and been around long enough to know u are but I think you are judging this car from the wrong angle.

To answer your question about why we don't see many on the road now....thats a simple answer, most ppl with the means are ppl thinking like you. " oh it should be faster" , "the magazine numbers says this car is faster " etc etc.....ppl look for numbers these days and not car involment or power delivery. Hell this site is a prime example
Good points. You are 100% correct when you say I am just basing my opinion solely on what I have read. I have not had the opportunity to drive one and I should do so before bashing the car. I do think the styling is a big success though. It looks great from every angle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is definitely a good looking car. I'd say it lives up to what Acura wanted/intended. Not everyone will be a fan of the performance at that price, but that can be said of a number of expensive high-performance cars, I guess.

Coiled03

Established Member

Funny. It's not supposed to be a performance car, but they sure are charging a performance car price.

It's a turd, just like the 1st gen was. The ONLY selling point is handling. If that's all you want in a car, but a damn MX-5 and save yourself the money.

Users who are viewing this thread