2018 DEMON vs 2018 DEMON - Drag Race - Private owners

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I find it funny that people think "Factory Modified" actually means stock. The only real difference between a modified STOCK Challenger vs. a FACTORY modified one is the mods took place at the factory vs. some speed shop or personal garage.

The HC isn't a STOCK car from the factory. a STOCK Challenger or Charger from Dodge is a STOCK car from the factory. Again, just because the factory modified it before it hit the showroom hardly makes it a STOCK car.

And ur paying double for the mods that u would do with an actual STOCK Challenger/Charger from the factory to make it compete with a FACTORY modified Hellcat.

I find it funny how people try to feel better by comparing a modified GM, Ford, etc, to a stock HC to win a drag race. I say compare them bone stock with a good driver and let the chips fall.

KEVINS

Established Member
I view it as: The factory designed and built the car. They did the design and buildup. It wasn't Joe Blow or Shelby or Lingenfelter, etc that took a "factory" vehicle and bought off the self parts and assembled them into a badd-ass machine with a few custom touches that only they can call their own. Dodge had the idea of putting it out themselves with custom parts that they designed specifically for the HC. In a vid that Dodge put together they said even the block is made specifically for the HC. Now if we wanted to open it up to those mentioned above then we have some really serious cars out there that will out perform the HC.

ks

Never_Enough

Established Member
I find it funny that people think "Factory Modified" actually means stock. The only real difference between a modified STOCK Challenger vs. a FACTORY modified one is the mods took place at the factory vs. some speed shop or personal garage.

The HC isn't a STOCK car from the factory. a STOCK Challenger or Charger from Dodge is a STOCK car from the factory. Again, just because the factory modified it before it hit the showroom hardly makes it a STOCK car.

And ur paying double for the mods that u would do with an actual STOCK Challenger/Charger from the factory to make it compete with a FACTORY modified Hellcat.
Hmm, maybe I should buy a 392 SRT Charger or Scat Pack instead of a HC then...

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ur right it wasn't "Joe Blow or Shelby or Lingenfelter" who added a few special parts and custom touches it was "Dodge". They just removed the "Middle Man" so THEY can see the profits from those with deep pockets.

This isn't a Viper or a Ford GT this is a Challenger that has been modified from their base model. No different then the guy who buys the "Stock" version and modifies it himself.

Well, the Demon is obviously a little more special with their AC cooling system "Power Chiller". That is quite special I agree and not available on other Challenger models.

I view it as: The factory designed and built the car. They did the design and buildup. It wasn't Joe Blow or Shelby or Lingenfelter, etc that took a "factory" vehicle and bought off the self parts and assembled them into a badd-ass machine with a few custom touches that only they can call their own.

KEVINS

Established Member
I must sincerely apologize! When I was typing HC I was meaning Demon in all my previous postings..aarrgg Damn, I hate getting old!!

Either way I HOPE that the performance of the Dodge cars will provoke some R&D from Ford and GM that will be available to the general public and give the Dodge boys a good run.

Never_Enough

Established Member
U would certainly save probably $25k and be faster for sure.
Would not be faster unless I spent several grand on mods. 392 SRT is around $30k. HC is $40-50k. Better off just buying the HC. Now if you're talking new vs new, might be different, but I don't buy new.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I've yet to see one come close to the 9.65.. Still waiting..

Probably cause of the tears blockage...

I have seen them in the 9s already in not the best of conditions and they just came out....

But go ahead with the excuses... lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Would not be faster unless I spent several grand on mods. 392 SRT is around $30k. HC is $40-50k. Better off just buying the HC. Now if you're talking new vs new, might be different, but I don't buy new.

for about 7K you can add a blower from several companies that will substantially increase power, KB, Whipple, Magnusson...Would not be a bad deal if you scoop a scat pack sub 30K....otherwise I agree on the HC, seen some pretty good local deals around 45-50K on low mile Hellcats.

Never_Enough

Established Member
for about 7K you can add a blower from several companies that will substantially increase power, KB, Whipple, Magnusson...Would not be a bad deal if you scoop a scat pack sub 30K....otherwise I agree on the HC, seen some pretty good local deals around 45-50K on low mile Hellcats.
Finance a car or finance a blower. I'll finance a car lol. I am way too cheap to shell out $7k cash in 1 shot for a blower. :D

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
No offense Brett,....but can you explain this?
A stock HC is stock from the factory. That's how the car gets built. I don't follow what you mean here.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I saw that red one race last night locally here at Irwindale Speedway near Los Angeles, pretty cool cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its a modified Challenger.

People are getting way too carried away with the term "Stock". If I buy a stock Challenger and put a badass blower on it, upgrade the fuel system, brakes etc.... its simply what Dodge is doing in their factory and then charging the customer twice as much cause u get a warranty.

BFD as far as the warranty goes no one keeps their car stock after they get use to the power. Their all modified and when they are the warranty is as useless as them skinny tires are on the street.

Dodge modified the Challenger to call it a Hellcat vs. u buying a Challenger and bringing it to a local shop to have them modify it. What really is the difference other then Dodge saying "They modified" vs. someone else?

No offense Brett,....but can you explain this?
A stock HC is stock from the factory. That's how the car gets built. I don't follow what you mean here.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
WTF are you talking about?

Which one is stock?

R/T, SRT8, HellCatt, Demon?
GT, GT350, GT500?
SS, SS1LE, ZL-1, ZL-11LE1LLE1?
XLT, Lariat, Platinum, Limited, Raptor?

You’re either drinking, or just putting more feet into your mouth than you can afford.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
BTW, by your “logic”......the answer is all of them. Ford/GM/Whoever is simply taking a base vehicle and midfield it themselves at the factory for twice the price.

Which makes total sense really. The work to disassemble the completely assembled SXT Challenger in ghe factory, then rebuild... I mean modify it as an SRT model takes a lot of time and money.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Probably cause of the tears blockage...

I have seen them in the 9s already in not the best of conditions and they just came out....

But go ahead with the excuses... lol
The best is still .3 tenths slower With stickier tires, tune file and high octane... No excuses just facts...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The best is still .3 tenths slower With stickier tires, tune file and high octane... No excuses just facts...

The “best” (from a VERY limited numbers car, that JUST came out) is “0.3 tenths slower”.... as in a NINE SECOND 1/4 mile car .... with a STOCK CAR, other that some slightly “better” tires.

Again, the tears are blocking your judgement.

ROMM

Established Member

WTF is this post? Are you kidding me? WTF has happened to this website over the last several years?

Users who are viewing this thread