2018 GT engine noise with only 2800 miles

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Almost sounds like it's missing, so I would lean towards broken valve spring, followed by rod bearing, and perhaps (though unlikely) piston slap.

Please keep us posted as you will obviously be going back to dealer. Good luck with it!!!!!!!!

Boosted addictions

Established Member
Got a appointment at dealer tomorrow can’t wait to see what they say .........fingers crossed......

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
There have been some reports of broken valve springs in the 18 cars.

That's what it sounds like. Get it to the shop. She don't sound healthy.

I have 700 miles on mine and have been beating the piss out of it. Nothing like this yet for me, but could happen soon enough considering some of the reports ive seen of this issue.

What is build date on your car?

Boosted addictions

Established Member
Dealers called today said they found the source of the noise and after they talked to ford being the intake runners inside manifold. I highly doubt that’s it. But well will see. The sever advisor said ford said they have had a few issues with the runners in the 18 manifold

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Dealers called today said they found the source of the noise and after they talked to ford being the intake runners inside manifold. I highly doubt that’s it. But well will see. The sever advisor said ford said they have had a few issues with the runners in the 18 manifold.....

Interesting. Please keep us all updated, and if you can post a pic of the issue, that would be informative and appreciated.

Good luck with the repair!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ I notice that.

Light tap in the exact situation you describe

Users who are viewing this thread