2018 Intake Manifold on 2013 Automatic GT

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
What’s the pros/cons of swapin out the stock s197 for a stock non ported 2018 on a automatic? I know the manifold shines past 6500 rpms. I see it’s benefits on a MT6 just wondering if it’s the same for the A6? Also does all CAI work with the intake or just certain ones?

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a ported 18 IM on a 14 6R80 but I also did the L&M intake cams & Boss exhaust cams plus Looks Shorties.

The stock CAI will work but I upgraded to the JLT Series 2 and gained 20hp/20tq across almost the entire powerband. I had to finesse the silicone TB adapter to avoid the intake tube from sticking up too high (due to the higher angle of the 18 IM TB mount). The solution was the PMAS angled silicone adapter.

SGARCIA13GT

Established Member
Stock gen1 with stock 18 manifold single turbo makes awesome power

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I have a ported 18 IM on a 14 6R80 but I also did the L&M intake cams & Boss exhaust cams plus Looks Shorties.

The stock CAI will work but I upgraded to the JLT Series 2 and gained 20hp/20tq across almost the entire powerband. I had to finesse the silicone TB adapter to avoid the intake tube from sticking up too high (due to the higher angle of the 18 IM TB mount). The solution was the PMAS angled silicone adapter.

this some good insight. What made you choose shorties over LTs? Those CAI was that otherwise stock or was that CAI numbers after your other mods?

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I chose the Kooks Shorties for three reasons:
1. It is also driven on the street and I need the stock cats to pass emissions inspection.
2. I bought the shorties used and I didn't want to spend $2500 for LT and the Green cats.
3. I didn't want the louder exhaust noise with the above or have to spend additional $$ on resonators, etc.

Before my JLT CAI I ran the stock intake housing with a K&N modular intake tube and the AFE Magnum Drop-in filter.

The 20hp/20tq was after all my other mods and simply replacing the "stock" CAI with the JLT Series 2 along with the required tuning mod. 93 Octane.

For what its worth, while at the dyno, we also threw on the Accufab 84.5mm throttle body. It only gave me 1 additional HP so we took it off. With LT headers it would probably have made more of a difference.

My MAF flow rate went from 45 lbs/min pre-JLT to 50 lbs/min.

Same tuner (Adam @ RevAuto) before and after.

Users who are viewing this thread