2018 R&T Performance Car of the Year

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I doubt it. A stock 720s will embarrass a GT1000 Ford GT

McLaren 720S vs Ford GT Twin Turbo Heffner GT1000
It’s a joke, terminator guys get real defensive about their cars around here. They drive a legend.

You're right. Does Ford not exist any more?!?
No GT350R car? Unless it couldn't hang with/not worthy to be with those other cars?
Lol, that guy is living under a rock, ford doesn’t need to rely on a v8 supercharged car to be a global force. They do it with a portfolio different cars. The only car I’d admit isn’t on their list is a quick grand touring sedan.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You're right. Does Ford not exist any more?!?
No GT350R car? Unless it couldn't hang with/not worthy to be with those other cars?
It’s testing the new cars out this year not cars that have been around.
The 2le running basically the same lap time as the gt3 is impressive. Who was driving, pro driver? I’m surprised the 720 was not fastest lap.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
It’s a joke, terminator guys get real defensive about their cars around here. They drive a legend.

Lol, that guy is living under a rock, ford doesn’t need to rely on a v8 supercharged car to be a global force. They do it with a portfolio different cars. The only car I’d admit isn’t on their list is a quick grand touring sedan.

The second favorite car of the entire review was the Camaro. It placed behind a car costing nearly four times as much. Ford wasn't even included in this test. Did you want them to include the Ford Flex? Give me a break. This is a performance car shootout and Ford was not even bothered to be invited.

New generation of horsepower wars and Ford isn't even trying to compete. IF we get an S550 GT500 it better bring the pain. It's already 4 years late to the party.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Holy smokes!!!
Are you telling me that a stock 720S will beat a TT Ford GT?!?! :eek: Wow.
That dude Street Speed 717 bought a 720S the other day. Awesome looking color. In my personal opinion, I think they're ugly as ****. But, they are super fast, I'll give it that.
SS717 bought a 570s. The 570s is quick, but the 720s is faster, it replaces the 675. 570 is the baby mc
The second favorite car of the entire review was the Camaro. It placed behind a car costing nearly four times as much. Ford wasn't even included in this test. Did you want them to include the Ford Flex? Give me a break. This is a performance car shootout and Ford was not even bothered to be invited.

New generation of horsepower wars and Ford isn't even trying to compete. IF we get an S550 GT500 it better bring the pain. It's already 4 years late to the party.
was Ferrari invited? All they make are performance cars.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

There is something a little more important to the brands than performance and that is making money, and Ford is making plenty of that while not being in this best drivers car competition. Do you think they are bothered by it?

Really, who cares? Do you care because you cant bench race?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
SS717 bought a 570s. The 570s is quick, but the 720s is faster, it replaces the 675. 570 is the baby mc
My fault, I stand corrected. Thank you.
I wonder why Ferrari wasn't invited.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
There is something a little more important to the brands than performance and that is making money, and Ford is making plenty of that while not being in this best drivers car competition. Do you think they are bothered by it?

Really, who cares? Do you care because you cant bench race?

Why do you care how much money Ford makes versus the fun cars it makes / doesn't make? This is a car forum not an investment forum.

My fault, I stand corrected. Thank you.
I wonder why Ferrari wasn't invited.

Ferrari probably turned it down if they were invited. Ferrari doesn't necessarily want to be measured against other cars, only themselves.

edit: https://jalopnik.com/ferrari-refuses-video-track-test-of-458-speciale-vs-mc-1602578996

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Why do you care how much money Ford makes versus the fun cars it makes / doesn't make? This is a car forum not an investment forum.

Ferrari probably turned it down if they were invited. Ferrari doesn't necessarily want to be measured against other cars, only themselves.

edit: https://jalopnik.com/ferrari-refuses-video-track-test-of-458-speciale-vs-mc-1602578996
Because the more money they make, the more performance oriented cars they are capable of making? I dont know, seems pretty logical. Do you really think they can afford to only develop performance cars for their customers? We wouldn't have the performance line up they have now (and growing) if Ford had not returned to profitability.

Just because you do not understand the correlation and are impatient does not mean they are doing something wrong. It's like you think they can snap their fingers and have a product to match the ZL1 next day. How do you think development processes work?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
They've had the same amount of time as Chevy...

How many performance cars does Chevy have that is developed under Chevy's actual performance division? They have the Corvette and the Camaro. Now how many does Ford have under Ford Performance? FGT, Mustang, F150, and Focus are the major development projects. Keep in mind that the FGT is a massive project that probably cost more than the rest combined. Chevy puts all of their eggs in the Corvette and Camaro baskets and that is fine because you get two badass cars. Ford spreads it around more to appeal to more markets and buyers and it has been a complete success. All of their performance vehicles sell at premium prices and hold their values while the same cannot often be said about the Camaro especially.

If you get a chance go to SEMA some day and take note of Ford's areas in the show. Ford's outside venue was easily 5 times the size of GM's and everyone else's and they had probably 20 times as many people visiting it, and that is not an exaggeration. They are a powerhouse in the performance market whether you agree with that or not. They're products and marketing are attracting buyers and enthusiasts from all over, especially with what they are doing with Formula D and Ken Block.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Maybe you meant 5 years late?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a5850/2013-road-and-track-performance-car-of-the-year/
Or maybe just 2?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
In other news MT and Pobst have tested the NFGT at willow springs. The 720s ran a week prior running a 1.21.7. That is 2.5 secs faster than he drove the 675LT. Crazy!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Love me some McLaren. I am still trying to understand why the TT-RS & Alfa cost what they do. Smh

Never_Enough

Established Member
Not only top 4... Two editors voted the ZL1 first.

And they had this to say

And meanwhile, What the heck if the blue oval doing?
I still want a 6g ZL1 in orange. Not the 1LE just because it would be a street car for me.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
In other news MT and Pobst have tested the NFGT at willow springs. The 720s ran a week prior running a 1.21.7. That is 2.5 secs faster than he drove the 675LT. Crazy!
Maybe they are doing a head 2 head, 2017 Ford GT vs 2017 McLaren 720s.
Tall order for the Ford GT.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt it. A stock 720s will embarrass a GT1000 Ford GT

McLaren 720S vs Ford GT Twin Turbo Heffner GT1000

Holy ass whoopin batman!

Holy smokes!!!
Are you telling me that a stock 720S will beat a TT Ford GT?!?! :eek: Wow.
That dude Street Speed 717 bought a 720S the other day. Awesome looking color. In my personal opinion, I think they're ugly as ****. But, they are super fast, I'll give it that.

With you 100%

The 2le running basically the same lap time as the gt3 is impressive. Who was driving, pro driver? I’m surprised the 720 was not fastest lap.

ON D, are you feeling alright?? Do you have a fever???

Users who are viewing this thread