2018 Twin Disk Clutch

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
could we assume the stock 2018 setup would be quieter then a rst, rxt or a spec?

I want the best performing, most reliable stuff but I don’t want added chatter or weird noises either
Sure it will quieter and more driver friendly. Ford has certian NVH it wants to meet vs the after market performance world.

Im sure if your makeing under 500tq the 2018 clutch will be great for your needs you start marking over 600tq thats when i would be for sure looking at an RXT

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Sure it will quieter and more driver friendly. Ford has certian NVH it wants to meet vs the after market performance world.

Im sure if your makeing under 500tq the 2018 clutch will be great for your needs you start marking over 600tq thats when i would be for sure looking at an RXT

what are your thoughts regarding RXT/unsprung clutch disks on MT-82? I am kinda leaning towards the RST, but don't wanna piss away money on it if it won't hold (Vortech V2 tuner kit)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
what are your thoughts regarding RXT/unsprung clutch disks on MT-82? I am kinda leaning towards the RST, but don't wanna piss away money on it if it won't hold (Vortech V2 tuner kit)

Honestly i say skip the RST. The RXT will have some chatter but its still driver friendly. Its gonna be much different than a stock mt82 clutch so it will be a little bit of a re learning process how you drive it now. The RXT will also give you room to grow if you choose to add more power down the road. Handles tq better. Also it will allow a better high rev shift, which as we all know the stock cluctch is a hit an miss along with the shifter.

Since the 2018 clutch is so new its hard to have any real feedback on it, in terms of how much power it can handle , high rev shifts ect.

Users who are viewing this thread