2020 GT500 debut video

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
After all this time, nothing is really groundbreaking other than the DCT. If there is ever a riced out Mustang, this is it. They literally should have just thrown the power/drivetrain into the GT350 and called it a day. Would have been sooo much sexier.

As far as performance. Hellcats have been doing mid 3 sec 0-60’s and sub 11 sec 1/4 miles since 2016. ZL1’s have been able to turn since the 5th gen. Sure it’s nice for it to do both but after this long of a wait it should be doing sub 3 sec 0-60’s, sub 10.5 1/4 miles and be targeting Vettes on the road course. It should have been TT period.

Also. Ford needs to fire their PR team and let Dodge teach them how it’s done. All that ive seen on the car so far has been...YAWN.

Agreed. Every video should've been for a Thunderbird. Just cruising through the mountains, or leisurely around a road course.

Last and only decent GT500 commercial.

While Dodge is involved in these...

I could go on. Ford needs to hire a driver and a PR team.

These cars will probably run 10.4-10.5 on a tire stock and mid 9’s with bolt ons and it’s not good enough. Crazy

We'll see. It depends on the HP/TQ.

Here's a new video from Ford, GT500 B roll:
Perma Link | Ford Media Center

It sounds pretty sick!

I almost fell asleep. I'll look for the seats at the Parts Farm next year. I'd like to pick them up for my 16GT.

That does look much better without the ricer wing. Don't care if functional, looks like shit.

Ford is waiting to see if Dodge does anything. My guess, if Dodge doesn't make a move within the next few months, this car will be rated at around 730-740 with room to move if Dodge does something this year. Cat and mouse game. Dodge may be doing the same thing, waiting to see if Ford makes a move, then Dodge will make a move. They may be waiting to see what the other guy is going to do.

797hp Redeye, on a showroom near you.

Dodge already has a 797 horsepower Challenger on sale.

yep. The question will be how much will Dodge up the HP if the the GT500 packs mid 700?

Base package is going to run 10.8s@133, and probably better as they’re not done tuning to a final power rating, all while only mustering 0-60 times very close to the 13/14 GT500 that was a 11.5 car.

Imagine what this car will do with a tire...

That’s not even touching a single aero/cooling/handling feature.

So disappointed...

You know this how? Not saying it won't be a very fast car.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Indeed, Dodge has great PR. I suppose they have to continue to create excitement for a car that is essentially a 10 y.o. retread.

Does Ford really care what the latest and greatest dodge challenger is doing? They benchmarked the Gt500 to the Gt3. Raw horsepower is meaningless.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You know this how? Not saying it won't be a very fast car.

We already have evidence of 10.8x@133

Ford doesn’t have the power number settled in yet, and I imagine it’s not going to be detuned from its current power levels.

If the car is traction limited to a 0-60 time that’s on par with the previous Shelby, yet traps 5-6 mph higher, it’s going to fly on a sticky tire.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Indeed, Dodge has great PR. I suppose they have to continue to create excitement for a car that is essentially a 10 y.o. retread.

Does Ford really care what the latest and greatest dodge challenger is doing? They benchmarked the Gt500 to the Gt3. Raw horsepower is meaningless.

If you look at the latest "pony car" sales trends, the Challenger finished 2nd. It was the only pony car that has an upward trend. Mustang and Camaro sales are down. I'm thinking their add campaigns have something to do with this, as a 392 car is not cheap.

If raw horsepower is meaningless why do GT350 owners put blowers on their cars? To you it's not important, to others it is.

We already have evidence of 10.8x@133

Ford doesn’t have the power number settled in yet, and I imagine it’s not going to be detuned from its current power levels.

If the car is traction limited to a 0-60 time that’s on par with the previous Shelby, yet traps 5-6 mph higher, it’s going to fly on a sticky tire.

Link?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread