2020 GT500 pinched heater hose fix (assembly line issue)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I highly recommend 2020 GT500 owners have a look in their engine bay to see if their car is affected like many of the others, including mine. There is a heater hose on the driver’s side of the supercharger that runs to the back of the engine. This hose is supposed to be routed in a plastic channel, but I can only assume the hose gets misaligned during the body/engine mating step which results in the hose getting pinched by some sharp metal. It’s only a matter of time before the hose gets damaged enough and starts leaking coolant.

I shot this video after I performed the fix:

If you have the issue and decide to fix it yourself, I created a step-by-step DIY thread to solve the problem here:

2020+ - 2020 GT500 pinched heater hose fix, step by step

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Great write up. Has ford made a TSB about this yet?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Great write up. Has ford made a TSB about this yet?
Not that I’ve heard as of yet, but a few of us have alerted FP and I believe cars are being checked now. There was some status changes and delays after this was brought to their attention.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not that I’ve heard as of yet, but a few of us have alerted FP and I believe cars are being checked now. There was some status changes and delays after this was brought to their attention.

Glad to hear that FP has been notified hopefully this will be a permanent fix at the factory. I could see over time ans uses someone losing coolant fast.

Users who are viewing this thread