"2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1"

Snoopy49

Established Member
Status Updates:

Congratulations to ALL :D:D:D:D

@LostM - Delivered
You can't believe how happy I am about this status :)

@02GTKB - Body Shop

tenor.gif

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
@Snoopy49
Any news on @Tob and mine? The cars have been sitting in the KC rail yard since Monday. Even @13COBRA and the truck company waiting to take the cars to the dealer are perplexed as to why the cars are not moving.

PIPO

Established Member
Min
@Snoopy49
Any news on @Tob and mine? The cars have been sitting in the KC rail yard since Monday. Even @13COBRA and the truck company waiting to take the cars to the dealer are perplexed as to why the cars are not moving.

Mine is there too. It’s a pretty frustrating situation. I’m getting to go close on a property I bought in Pensacola and will probably miss the delivery.

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Snoopy49

Mine is there too. It’s a pretty frustrating situation. I’m getting to go close on a property I bought in Pensacola and will probably miss the delivery.

I don't know what to tell you guys, If Nick (@13COBRA) can't kick their butts in gear, no one can.

PIPO

Established Member
We know it’s out of your guys hands, brother. We got snow coming in as early as tomorrow and some more during the week to make things worse.

Last edited:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Well it’s snowing in KC now while my GT500 sits in a railcar since Monday. So here I sit on my patio in 70deg drinking coffee. While visions of GT500’s in track mode rev in my head.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The railcar arrived at the Voltz yard in Missouri at the beginning of last week. The railcar was emptied and the vehicles were parked.
z Norfolk SouthernCapture.JPG

The railcar left for its next destination.
z left Voltz.JPG

IIRC, Nick mentioned having other vehicles sitting there as well. Looking at other release times from other railyards across the country (with respect to GT500's) this yard is by far the slowest.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
hopefully Nick will receive the cars tomorrow. However it’s been snowing there and more snow starting around noon.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is ridiculous. I wish I had an explanation for you guys (@Tob and @gfcobra04). I'm sorry that I don't.

The cars have physically been unloaded off of the railcar, but have not been released from the rail company to the transport company at the yard. I'm not sure why they haven't, and neither is my Ford rep or my friend that dispatches for the transport company.

My Ford rep has reached out to the rail company several times, and they aren't providing very good answers. I will dig in to it more today. I'm sorry for the hassle.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Bullshit. Ford isn't holding any other GT500's that were released for shipment and then shipped. They were already held up at FRAP. Again, I hope the cars weren't damaged.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bullshit. Ford isn't holding any other GT500's that were released for shipment and then shipped. They were already held up at FRAP. Again, I hope the cars weren't damaged.

They aren't damaged. Ford/rail company have no problem releasing damaged vehicles haha

Probably doing a QC inspection over a certain run. Both these cars were within a few from each other.

Snoopy49

Established Member
None of the cars on the list that are listed as Arrived have been released and they have been sitting there for over a week. Something strange is going on.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They aren't damaged. Ford/rail company have no problem releasing damaged vehicles haha

Probably doing a QC inspection over a certain run. Both these cars were within a few from each other.

I read through the entire rail guide from Ford, rather lengthy. In it they explain what damage is acceptable to be repaired that never gets reported to the customer. That is bothersome and I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it in writing.

So you've seen them do QC inspections before? A gentleman in Mesquite, TX is reporting the exact same thing is going on with his car, sitting in the railyard and now reported to be on hold from Ford.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read through the entire rail guide from Ford, rather lengthy. In it they explain what damage is acceptable to be repaired that never gets reported to the customer. That is bothersome and I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it in writing.

So you've seen them do QC inspections before? A gentleman in Mesquite, TX is reporting the exact same thing is going on with his car, sitting in the railyard and now reported to be on hold from Ford.

I don't recall the dollar amount, but believe if it is over $500 it has to be reported.

I would venture to guess his VIN is in the same run as yours and the other I have incoming.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So Ford sends people to railyards to inspect vehicles that were shipped, partially, prior to being delivered to the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread