"2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So Ford sends people to railyards to inspect vehicles that were shipped, partially, prior to being delivered to the dealer?

Yes.

Not the case in this situation, but I've seen Ford ship vehicles that are missing parts, and then pay third party companies to go to the railyard to install the parts.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Trying to stay sane and wrap my head around this Nick. Why wouldn't Ford have that done in their dealer network as opposed to working on the cars at a railyard? Seems a bit bassackwards to me.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Trying to stay sane and wrap my head around this Nick. Why wouldn't Ford have that done in their dealer network as opposed to working on the cars at a railyard? Seems a bit bassackwards to me.

Id have to guess they can send say 1 person to 1 location with a load of parts and fix multiple vehicles that would be going to multiple dealerships. Only whoever is going to the rail yard has to be instructed on the repairs vs 1 tech at each dealer etc...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Because once the car arrives at the dealership, the dealership has to pay for it or put it on their floorplan (i.e. pay interest). The pushback would be ridiculous. It's already crazy when dealers have a bunch of new inventory sitting around with recalls without parts being available.

Another reason, they don't want end consumers seeing cars sitting around waiting on parts.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was just going through the list and this is what I have found concerning shipping.

8 - Arrived Rail
9 - Awaiting Shipment
6 - Shipped Rail - 5 are listed as Passing Arrival which seems to be a stealth way of saying Arrived Rail.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I know mine sat for ~13 days at FRAP after being produced but before being shipped. Seems like an opportune window to have done any necessary rework.

I'm sorry. This is a bit frustrating.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Status Update:

Congratulations :D:D:D:D

@thecatalyst - Shipped Convoy

tenor.gif

PIPO

Established Member
I know mine sat for ~13 days at FRAP after being produced but before being shipped. Seems like an opportune window to have done any necessary rework.

I'm sorry. This is a bit frustrating.
Well, our rep told us today that the cars there are getting their fuel tanks replaced. @13COBRA, were you told this?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I shared that with Nick earlier and I don't think his rep told him that.

Did your rep specifically say tanks were getting replaced or that it was a tank related issue?

PIPO

Established Member
Fuel tank related problem that more than likely will require a replacement.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, our rep told us today that the cars there are getting their fuel tanks replaced. @13COBRA, were you told this?

I have not been told that. I was told that there was an inspection, and that was Ford was deciding between having third parties inspect/correct, or send them to dealers to inspect/correct.

PIPO

Established Member
Interesting. I’d also like to add that the rep emphasized that “damaged during shipping” was not the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread