2020 Shelby GT500 will have 760HP and 625TQ

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The Demon is a boat, quarter mile only. So the GT500 won't kill it in the quarter but in every other category the Demon and Hellcat will get destroyed.

If you are only a straight line junky mod it. Slicks, skinnies, etc.

Cant wait for track testing!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i bet this car comes in at 4,050lbs curb weight. That will make it faster than the hellcat redeye and probably faster than the demon on pump gas and full sized tires.

It will be a short lived victory though as the new rumored "hellephant" charger with 950hp will be announced soon. That will be the proverbial hydrogen bomb in the muscle car wars.

not only like but the hellcat powered ram trx is coming to take the souls of ecoboost raptors.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
i bet this car comes in at 4,050lbs curb weight. That will make it faster than the hellcat redeye and probably faster than the demon on pump gas and full sized tires.

It will be a short lived victory though as the new rumored "hellephant" charger with 950hp will be announced soon. That will be the proverbial hydrogen bomb in the muscle car wars.

not only like but the hellcat powered ram trx is coming to take the souls of ecoboost raptors.

Hellephant will not see the light of day as it can not pass Cali's very stringent engine air quality requirements. It is why it says that the vehicle you put it in has to be 1976 or older. As that is the stipulations from FCA when you order it from them and SRT.

CV355

_
Established Member
Hellephant will not see the light of day as it can not pass Cali's very stringent engine air quality requirements. It is why it says that the vehicle you put it in has to be 1976 or older. As that is the stipulations from FCA when you order it from them and SRT.

That Hellephant restomod was absolutely sick though. I'm not normally a Mopar fan, but damn that was a slick car.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How awesome would that be if FCA sold a Middle America DOT/EPA spec car and told Cali and NE dealers to eat shit.

My94GT

Established Member
The reality is the botch of the 9.65 did nothing to hurt the sales of the demon and the smoke show of verbiage will do nothing to hurt the sales of the GT500’s. Guys these are cars in the 6 figure sales market and the buyer pool is much different there.

The majority of these buyers have the money to dump and just drive their cars to cars and coffee or maybe hit the track. They have fun with them and are less inclined to be worried about what others think of their performance abilities.

Look over on the hellcat form at the demon sub section and you’ll see pretty much nothing but people that are happy even if they aren’t turning 9.65

I expect the same out of the GT500 buyers. My opinion this car will be a solid performer and the reality is many won’t use either the GT500 or a Hell cat variant to its full potential anyway so just buy what you like, and enjoy the hell out of it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My thoughts:

1# HP is very good
2# TQ, not so much
3# Overall, i think its going to perform very well
4# Ford will sell everyone they make.
5# Hopefully the price of the 13-14’s drop but I’m not sure they will which sucks because I’m in the market for one next year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know what it is but I haven't been underwhelmed by a Shelby Mustang / SVT Cobra launch in over 20 years. I want to like this car but I just can't at this point. Maybe it will grow on me. I like the HP numbers but the torque still falls short of the outgoing GT500 and we still don't have the official 0-60, 1/4 mile times. Also, why are the Hellcats and ZR1s are allowed to go 200 mph and this car is limited to 180?

Sent from my PH-1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I feel the same way. They had one at Fabulous Fords Forever this year and both my buddy and I were meh on it. But then my son and his friends were gaga over it. Who knows.

I think the DCT is a good move. Although now it seems everyone is complaining about having that set up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My thoughts:

1# HP is very good
2# TQ, not so much
3# Overall, i think its going to perform very well
4# Ford will sell everyone they make.
5# Hopefully the price of the 13-14’s drop but I’m not sure they will which sucks because I’m in the market for one next year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1.) Agreed.
2.) Eh, I think it's plenty.
3.) Agreed.
4.) Agreed.
5.) Different market, won't effect them much.

blk02edge

Established Member
In before 100 pages by the end of the day.
Just waiting for me to get on a roll?

Until they move the goalposts. They can change the meaning of "kills" to suit whatever they want to try to correct that gaff. "Ohhhhh I meant in sales..."
Haha yea, true. If someone from ford comes out saying "kills demons on the roadcourse" my eyes will explode from rolling so hard.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That's a Titanic-sized "IF", though.
That's a Titanic-sized "IF", though.

giphy.gif

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I read accurate article a moment ago that mentioned the Dodge cars. One cannot ignore the power they put up.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

One cannot ignore the fact that the Chrysler LX platform is STILL a barge. So far as I know, they have no smaller Gen 2 in the works.... and that will always be the knock against it.

Yeah, Ford's marketing on this one has sucked. They've probably spent more on Takata airbag recall postcards than GT500 marketing.

To be fair, EVERY manufacturer thats used Takata has had to spend absurd amounts of money fixing that shit show. The problem is serious enough to merit more on notifications of recall than marketing a new car. One will make them a sum of money, the other can really hurt a company from lawsuits.

CV355

_
Established Member
To be fair, EVERY manufacturer thats used Takata has had to spend absurd amounts of money fixing that shit show. The problem is serious enough to merit more on notifications of recall than marketing a new car. One will make them a sum of money, the other can really hurt a company from lawsuits.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying, the only reliable news I found on the new GT500 was on here, second hand. There were so many false or speculation articles that muddied the water on the subject that I stopped clicking anything that said "2020 GT500."

Users who are viewing this thread