2023 Super Duty Release

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's the link for the release tomorrow night. Starts at 7:15PM EST.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the F250 Super Duty trucks. They look great in my opinion.
Are there major changes from the previous years?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Maybe it will have a 10 speed that shifts properly, I have a 21 6.7, and Im not a fan of the transmission (preferred my 17 6 speed). Yes it has been flashed and messed with (3 times so far). Will be taking it in again soon. Other wise, its a great truck, Im sure the new one will be an evolution, not a revolution, similar to S650.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe it will have a 10 speed that shifts properly, I have a 21 6.7, and Im not a fan of the transmission (preferred my 17 6 speed). Yes it has been flashed and messed with (3 times so far). Will be taking it in again soon. Other wise, its a great truck, Im sure the new one will be an evolution, not a revolution, similar to S650.
Sorry to hear that, I hear a lot of people that are pretty happy with it. I have a 2017 6 speed as well and have been considering moving into a newer one.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That sucks to hear. My brother just got a 22 and it seems to shift just fine.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had 1 customer have issues with his, but that was all I've seen.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The 10 speed has two too many gears IMHO. In my 2019 Ranger I normally go around with 9th and 10th locked out and see BETTER gas mileage and drivability as well as not having the engine lug around at just above idle while driving (wonderful combination for LSPI if you have to quickly get into the throttle/boost and it does not downshift at the right time and you load it too high). I have mine tuned to shift where I want and downshift quicker (a lot of fine tuning with many files made) and it still has hicccups now and then with a wonky cold shift, or if you are not at just the right combination of rpm and throttle application, a harsh shift (not a nice crisp shift we all want, but a shitty harsh one). This transmission is not my favorite for sure. And yes Sid, it does run hot. Hotter than any transmission should but it also hates to be cold. I wish Ford had went with an evolution of the old 6 speed with maybe 7 or 8 gears.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They just won't be "Ford" trucks because, well, no branding.

And here we thought it was just computer chips... lmao

I'd gladly take a truck without a Super Duty emblem on the sides, rather than them hold my truck for 4-6 months trying to source some.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And here we thought it was just computer chips... lmao

giphy.gif

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So interesting, sounds like there are going to be 2 6.7 options (or thats how I heard it). A high output version (power will be released "down the road").

on board scales to sense payload and pin weight.

Truck and trailer influenced GPS, so it wont send you down roads with sharp curves, low bridges, or roads your not allowed on (NY Parkways for instance).

14 cameras, sensors, and a tailgate that opens and closes, assisting hooking up 5th wheel / gooseneck (bumper pull too).

Plenty more Im less interested in (telematics, HUD, inverters, work surfaces, fold flat seats, side bed step/ hand hole, tailgate step 3" lower etc etc)

Looks like some nice stuff.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Assuming they aren't fugly, I might have to order a 2023. I imagine the money on my 2020 will work out favorably
Well, they somehow managed to make an uglier truck than the 17-19's... I'll remain happy with my '20 for the foreseeable future. Features look cool but that front end..... wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread