2025+ GT500 ?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Maybe Ford watching the demand for the Demon170?

motor1.com

motor1.com
Follow

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Development Vehicle Spied For First Time​

Story by Chris Bruce • Yesterday 1:08 PM

AA19S4Jm.img

Full screen
1 of 15 Photos in Gallery© Motor1.com Copyright

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Mule Spy Photos​

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Mule Spy Photos
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Mule Spy Photos© Motor1.com Copyright

A meaner Mustang is on the horizon.​

Spy photographers got a great look at what they believe is possibly a test mule for the next-gen Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. The vehicle is a heavily modified version of the next-gen model.
In front, there's a new front fascia with styling somewhat similar to the Dark Horse model. The separations in the upper grille are also like the mean trim. A wider front track pushes the tires beyond the wheel wells. This suggests the production vehicle would have wider fenders to cover them. The lower side sills look wider than normal.
The rear wheels appear to be carbon-fiber pieces. The ones in front have a black, seven-spoke style.
At the back, there are quad exhaust tips. The design makes the inner outlets slightly higher than the outer ones.

This development vehicle uses the Mustang convertible as the basis for the modifications. This might indicate Ford is planning on offering a droptop version of the hotter model.
It's not clear when this hotter Mustang might premiere. We wouldn't expect to see it this year because the initial 2024 models begin arriving in dealerships later this year. Ford needs to fulfill the demand for them before adding more variants.

The Dark Horse is the range-topping Mustang at launch. It starts at $59,565 after the $1,595 destination fee. Power comes from a naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 with tuning that takes the output to 500 horsepower and 418 pound-feet of torque. The transmission choices are a six-speed manual or a 10-speed automatic. As an option, there are 19-inch, single-piece carbon-fiber wheels that are 37 percent lighter than the standard ones.

Ford boss Jim Farley hinted in a tweet about the possibility of building a road-going version of the Mustang GT3 race car. If the model actually goes into production, it would likely be a track-focused variant with aggressive bodywork like a big front splitter, extractors in the hood, a rear diffuser, and a big wing. Suspension and braking upgrades would likely be part of the package, too.
Source: Automedia

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
More smoke!

CarBuzz

CarBuzz
Follow

Ford Mustang Museum Reveals S650 Shelby GT500 Will Debut In 2025​

Story by Sebastian Cenizo • 4h ago

A post shared to the Mustang7G forum appears to confirm that the S650 Shelby GT500 will debut in 2025 for the 2026 model year. Just last week, Ford Authority claimed the all-new S650 Mustang would spawn a GT500 much earlier than in the S550's life cycle and in a body style that has been missing for some time, with the range-topper tipped to arrive in both coupe and convertible forms. That report claimed that the GT500 would launch in 2025 for the 2026 model year, and a plaque displayed in the Mustang Owner's Museum, alongside clay prototypes of the Mustang GT, has now pretty much confirmed this.

The wording on this plaque is somewhat ambiguous, calling attention to the discontinuation of the S550 GT500 (which occurred in September 2022) before saying that the model is "expected to make a comeback in 2025 for 2026."

On the one hand, we could look at that relatively vague wording and assume that this plaque is based on guesswork. But on the other hand, the enthusiast-run Mustang Owner's Museum clearly has a good relationship with Ford, having been featured on the Ford Performance website. Not any old museum gets direct access to clay models from the manufacturer either, which suggests that this information may have been provided by the Blue Oval when the replicas were delivered.

Ford itself has not yet confirmed that the S650 will indeed spawn a GT500 variant, but we can't imagine that the automaker would pass on the opportunity to squeeze just a little more juice from the pony car before it inevitably receives some form of electrification. But don't expect it to be cheap, whenever it may arrive. A fully loaded version of the S650 Mustang's current range-topper, the Dark Horse, costs more than the S550 GT500 did.
For all we know, the GT500 may not even make a comeback, as Ford CEO Jim Farley suggested in a tweet that a roadgoing version of the GT3 racecar may be under consideration. Perhaps that will be the new benchmark for a track-focused Mustang, but until Ford announces more about the S650, all we can do is wait and speculate.

This article originally appeared on CarBuzz: Ford Mustang Museum Reveals S650 Shelby GT500 Will Debut In 2025

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ford has definitely been screwing over the enthusiast under the current CEO. Parents had (still have) a reservation on a Lightning which is now over 10K more than at release and now 90K. The Bronco Raptor that I originally tried to order and they pumped the brakes on because they royally screwed up the Bronco rollout (and then shut out almost everyone who didn't sign up for an underpowered regular Bronco) is also now 90K versus the 78K on my order from. Do we see a pattern here?

2025 GT500 base price 90K. 2025 Convertible 97K. I love the power of a supercharged American V8 but am fed-up with this a$$hole who's running the company.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford has definitely been screwing over the enthusiast under the current CEO. Parents had (still have) a reservation on a Lightning which is now over 10K more than at release and now 90K. The Bronco Raptor that I originally tried to order and they pumped the brakes on because they royally screwed up the Bronco rollout (and then shut out almost everyone who didn't sign up for an underpowered regular Bronco) is also now 90K versus the 78K on my order from. Do we see a pattern here?

2025 GT500 base price 90K. 2025 Convertible 97K. I love the power of a supercharged American V8 but am fed-up with this a$$hole who's running the company.
I feel like you’re not really paying attention to what’s going on around the world lately… it’s sucks ass but this is basically across the board. I guess they should have ordered the Tesla truck

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I feel like you’re not really paying attention to what’s going on around the world lately… it’s sucks ass but this is basically across the board. I guess they should have ordered the Tesla truck

Government subsidies are the only reason EVs are even remotely viable at the current market share…

There isn’t enough child Slave labor in the solar system to provide even 1/3 EVs to ICE. And I think that is a VERY HIGH estimate.

Until there is a quantum leap in battery technology that allows faster charging, without sacrificing reliability, and increased efficiency/RANGE….

EVs will remain high priced golf carts meant for limited local use.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

Price increases above 10% are much more than inflation is so how can Ford explain a 12-13% price increase from one model year to another for an unchanged vehicle?

Your Tesla Truck comment is a red-herring. This isn't about Tesla, this is about Ford's cavalier attitude towards pricing increases that are well above inflation.

Plus you add on ADMs from dealerships which are much more common than ever and the new GT500 will be 100K for a base no-options model on a good deal. Bad value? Depends on the final product but not a good omen heading into what's widely predicted to be an extended economic downturn.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Government subsidies are the only reason EVs are even remotely viable at the current market share…

There isn’t enough child Slave labor in the solar system to provide even 1/3 EVs to ICE. And I think that is a VERY HIGH estimate.

Until there is a quantum leap in battery technology that allows faster charging, without sacrificing reliability, and increased efficiency/RANGE….

EVs will remain high priced golf carts meant for limited local use.
Oh, we have enough child labor - it’s the mining for battery material that we lack.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Price increases above 10% are much more than inflation is so how can Ford explain a 12-13% price increase from one model year to another for an unchanged vehicle?

Your Tesla Truck comment is a red-herring. This isn't about Tesla, this is about Ford's cavalier attitude towards pricing increases that are well above inflation.

Plus you add on ADMs from dealerships which are much more common than ever and the new GT500 will be 100K for a base no-options model on a good deal. Bad value? Depends on the final product but not a good omen heading into what's widely predicted to be an extended economic downturn.
The price increases suck, but looking at raw material and component costs across the board, I understand it. Forget the Lightning or other ridiculous EVs. The costs of the PCBAs all over every car have gone up astronomically, and that has to get passed on to the customer. Raw resin costs for molded parts have gone up, as has the cost of labor at the mold shops, so all that gets passed on to the customer.

COGs for most people are going up a lot, far beyond the already ridiculous current inflation level. And that cost has to get passed on to the customer at some level because the selling company still needs to make money.

ADMs are just crazy too, but that's not really Ford's fault. And as for the long wait times on the Bronco and others, after going through a super smooth ordering process on my 23 Raptor where Ford and the dealer always had the information I needed and the truck was actually delivered early, I'm sure many of these ordering issues are on the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread